Chrisy

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

I am single, as I have always been, so none of these will add up to much. 

There was a girl who lived next door when I was but a wee runt. We would play together, and being right on the cusp of puberty, I think it was a natural occurence that we had our eyes on one another. However, she had to move to another state in order to live with her father. She was too upset to say goodbye, but her little sister told me that her sister had a crush on me before they left. I said, "I know". When she reached the age where she could choose which parent to live with, she moved back in with her mother. They were not our neighbors anymore, but they were still in town. We had both changed so much after so much time. I, once a cute and playful kid, now looked like a geek, had a hard time smiling, and preferred my solitude. She, still the cute girl she was, was now openly bisexual, sexually active, and loved smoking weed. She began appearing with a female friend of hers at the house, and i'd have to go with them; my parents were concerned about me not having friends or girlfriends and so they said i'd hang out with them or get grounded. I still thought of her as I used to, so I guess that crush somehow lingered. However, her and her friend had no interest beyond the... Physical realm. I turned them down, as sex for the sake of sex was meaningless, and I also preferred being alone. I still had feelings for my childhood friend, but I realized she would do me no good. After a few failed attempts to gain my interest, I guess they decided to just go for it. After they tried forcing themselves onto me and I pushed them away, they got upset with me. They never came around my house again. I often think back and wish we had just retained the innocence of our youth, that if it had been that way, there might have been a chance... But it just wasn't meant to be.

When puberty hit, it hit this one girl especially hard. Only 13 and she was over 6 feet tall with, uh... Let's just say a grown woman's body. Needless to say, if little me wanted to talk to her, i'd have to tilt my head back, and I wasn't quite able to see her face past other things. That was purely puberty though. I realized any and all feelings there were of the physical variety, and so I quickly seperated myself from any pursuit of her. 

My older brother is, well... He got the good looks. A girl approached me in interest and me, thinking myself lucky, was all too happy to let her lead me on. She did the talking while I followed behind like a lost pup. She was just wanting to use me to get close to my brother. They met and flirted away in front of me. Once my brother left and we were walking again, she said, "Wow, your brother is so hot. I can't believe you two are related, you look nothing alike." I was all too happy to ignore her after that. Even funnier that nothing ever became of her and my brother anyway.

This final instance was of a girl having a crush on me. It was the later part of high school, when I was finally edging out of my "geek" state. I still preferred my solitude, but now I didn't look nearly as bad. I was friends with this girl who often hung around the boys. Not that she "got on" with the boys, I think she just made better friends with guys. A bit on the chubby side and very bubbly. i'd say she probably brought me out of my shell a little. I still preferred my solitude, but she got me to talk and we'd play around. We became close friends, and even if she was a bit cute in her own way, I only ever saw her as a friend. It perhaps didn't help that her confession came out of nowhere and it was rather far too forward. We were hanging with friends on day when, unannounced, she suddenly straddled me on the couch. She admitted that she had feelings for me. In all of the eloquence I could muster, being caught off guard, all I could manage was, "oh". She kissed my cheek and started breathing on my ear. She goes, "So... Do you like this?" I did not, so I said no. She was thankfully respectful of that and got off of me. We resolved it on friendly terms, me saying that I saw her as a friend, but we weren't really friends after that. She never hung out with me anymore after that.

As it is, i'm fairly content with being alone right now, as I was back then, too. Love that solitude, after all. I don't currently have any crushes and i'm perfectly fine with that.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

49 minutes ago, dr3032 said:

There was a girl who lived next door when I was but a wee runt. We would play together, and being right on the cusp of puberty, I think it was a natural occurence that we had our eyes on one another. However, she had to move to another state in order to live with her father. She was too upset to say goodbye, but her little sister told me that her sister had a crush on me before they left. I said, "I know". When she reached the age where she could choose which parent to live with, she moved back in with her mother. They were not our neighbors anymore, but they were still in town. We had both changed so much after so much time. I, once a cute and playful kid, now looked like a geek, had a hard time smiling, and preferred my solitude. She, still the cute girl she was, was now openly bisexual, sexually active, and loved smoking weed. She began appearing with a female friend of hers at the house, and i'd have to go with them; my parents were concerned about me not having friends or girlfriends and so they said i'd hang out with them or get grounded. I still thought of her as I used to, so I guess that crush somehow lingered. However, her and her friend had no interest beyond the... Physical realm. I turned them down, as sex for the sake of sex was meaningless, and I also preferred being alone. I still had feelings for my childhood friend, but I realized she would do me no good. After a few failed attempts to gain my interest, I guess they decided to just go for it. After they tried forcing themselves onto me and I pushed them away, they got upset with me. They never came around my house again. I often think back and wish we had just retained the innocence of our youth, that if it had been that way, there might have been a chance... But it just wasn't meant to be.

When puberty hit, it hit this one girl especially hard. Only 13 and she was over 6 feet tall with, uh... Let's just say a grown woman's body. Needless to say, if little me wanted to talk to her, i'd have to tilt my head back, and I wasn't quite able to see her face past other things. That was purely puberty though. I realized any and all feelings there were of the physical variety, and so I quickly seperated myself from any pursuit of her. 

My older brother is, well... He got the good looks. A girl approached me in interest and me, thinking myself lucky, was all too happy to let her lead me on. She did the talking while I followed behind like a lost pup. She was just wanting to use me to get close to my brother. They met and flirted away in front of me. Once my brother left and we were walking again, she said, "Wow, your brother is so hot. I can't believe you two are related, you look nothing alike." I was all too happy to ignore her after that. Even funnier that nothing ever became of her and my brother anyway.

This final instance was of a girl having a crush on me. It was the later part of high school, when I was finally edging out of my "geek" state. I still preferred my solitude, but now I didn't look nearly as bad. I was friends with this girl who often hung around the boys. Not that she "got on" with the boys, I think she just made better friends with guys. A bit on the chubby side and very bubbly. i'd say she probably brought me out of my shell a little. I still preferred my solitude, but she got me to talk and we'd play around. We became close friends, and even if she was a bit cute in her own way, I only ever saw her as a friend. It perhaps didn't help that her confession came out of nowhere and it was rather far too forward. We were hanging with friends on day when, unannounced, she suddenly straddled me on the couch. She admitted that she had feelings for me. In all of the eloquence I could muster, being caught off guard, all I could manage was, "oh". She kissed my cheek and started breathing on my ear. She goes, "So... Do you like this?" I did not, so I said no. She was thankfully respectful of that and got off of me. We resolved it on friendly terms, me saying that I saw her as a friend, but we weren't really friends after that. She never hung out with me anymore after that.

As it is, i'm fairly content with being alone right now, as I was back then, too. Love that solitude, after all. I don't currently have any crushes and i'm perfectly fine with that.

It can be lonelier in a relationship. When someone does get “you” and what makes you tick or worse they have an addiction that makes them self focused; there is no realtionship anyway. Solitude is a sanctum, better to be alone and be all you are than in a relationship and marginalized into a caricature or two-dimensional person. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  197
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  12/17/2004

1 hour ago, dr3032 said:

Are u a still a geek???

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

4 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

It can be lonelier in a relationship. When someone does get “you” and what makes you tick or worse they have an addiction that makes them self focused; there is no realtionship anyway. Solitude is a sanctum, better to be alone and be all you are than in a relationship and marginalized into a caricature or two-dimensional person. 

True enough. 

3 hours ago, Chrisy said:

Are u a still a geek???

Well... Beyond video games and the occasional reading, I don't think so. I still wear glasses. I tried picking up contact lenses, but I couldn't train my eyes to not freak out when I tried putting them in. Other than that, I don't have massive sideburns anymore (traded those in for a Van Dyke) and I haven't watched anime for quite a while.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,561
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 7/20/2018 at 2:52 PM, Chrisy said:

Can someone actually tell me about a real crush they have? Or about how they met their spouses?????

Sure! Seriously,- I looked out the dining room window of my parents home at age 17 and there she was walking on by,  pony tail hanging down, with a wiggle and a walk, wearing Girl Scout green and a sash with more merit badges than was room for. Wow I just saw the world's oldest girl scout. Next day she is sitting across from me at my family dining room, seems she lives two houses away, is my young sister's girl Scout leader, her mother is having another child, is at the hospital, and my parents invited her family to dinner. Wow she is beautiful. I asked her dad if I could invite her out on a date. He and her mom after they had their conference said yes but,  and you know all the buts.  

I took her to Pacific Ocean Park with promise to  be home by 10 PM.  Which I faithfully was doing until I missed my turn and ended up in Long Beach lost. I called her home, told her parents it looked like it would be 12 midnight before I got her home. And surprisingly they appreciated the call and me.

I decided or was compelled to change my own lazy student ways, dig in find a career, and be able to support her, and children to come, but mostly so I could ask her to marry me. I went from being rather stupid to being determined, did well at schooling, very well, got  a job / career, and married her. We were together until death parted us 50 years later.

I have another story of a crush too, but think I had better save details of  that one- I recently married that gal too! 

Edited by Neighbor

On 7/23/2018 at 12:03 PM, Neighbor said:

Sure! Seriously,- I looked out the dining room window of my parents home at age 17 and there she was walking on by,  pony tail hanging down, with a wiggle and a walk, wearing Girl Scout green and a sash with more merit badges than was room for. Wow I just saw the world's oldest girl scout. Next day she is sitting across from me at my family dining room, seems she lives two houses away, is my young sister's girl Scout leader, her mother is having another child, is at the hospital, and my parents invited her family to dinner. Wow she is beautiful. I asked her dad if I could invite her out on a date. He and her mom after they had their conference said yes but,  and you know all the buts.  

I took her to Pacific Ocean Park with promise to  be home by 10 PM.  Which I faithfully was doing until I missed my turn and ended up in Long Beach lost. I called her home, told her parents it looked like it would be 12 midnight before I got her home. And surprisingly they appreciated the call and me.

I decided or was compelled to change my own lazy student ways, dig in find a career, and be able to support her, and children to come, but mostly so I could ask her to marry me. I went from being rather stupid to being determined, did well at schooling, very well, got  a job / career, and married her. We were together until death parted us 50 years later.

I have another story of a crush too, but think I had better save details of  that one- I recently married that gal too! 

Aww. Dreamiest story yet. I have to hear others ?????

• Thanks 1

• Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,561
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

2 hours ago, Chrisy said:

Aww. Dreamiest story yet. I have to hear others ?????

I have to read of others too. Come on fess up some of y'all.

I will share one more because it is  "dear" to me.

My sweet "Texas Peach" whom I married  just a year plus ago and I met in person at The River Walk, San Antonio Texas. We had associated online as cyber entities not paying much attention to each other, not really paying any attention to gender. We each would post in our own styles. I don't think we ever engaged in a discussion with each other over several years time online.

But then one day there was a thread started on the Zola Board,  a music thread of love songs. People posted music they had danced to in the 1940's some rock from the 1950's and so on. My Texas Peach posted a song I liked. I posted one in response, and it began a conversation by music titles and then a flirtation, a crush if you care to call it that. All the while others were posting their songs too. It was funny.

Then she disappeared altogether for nine months. Turned out she had gotten very sick. She reappeared and we picked up our song sharing. Soon we each wondered hey- Do I dare ask, do I?  And finally I did, or she did, I don't quite remember, but we both pm'd the other. We pm'd back and forth, never shared pictures, never shared anything except our growing fondness for each other.

Finally I said some brilliant thing like, if you not really a Fred instead of  a Fredricka shall we meet at some safe place and have a walk, talk, and lunch? She agreed to San Antonio so she could see if I too would cry  as we walked the Alamo - Well I didn't cry, but I was sympathetic enough  to her crying. She is Texas through and through.

We walked the River Walk, ate a fine lunch there, went on a carriage ride, agreed to marry, and that was that.

Oh except for our first meeting place, we had agreed we would not share pictures, and would see each other for the first time, in person, at a specific place and time. Well of course  that didn't work  as there was a huge rock concert at San Antonio that week end, The Eagles no less. And all our plans for meeting became near impossible, both of us at San Antonio wondering now what?!  Yet we managed to both figure a way, and we found each other.

A fun part came on the message board long after, when it did become known that we are together, married.  We announced it through song titles. And those that caught on all posted, You are what?!!! You're married? Wow. 

God moves in mysterious ways. My Texas Peach lived  a few miles beyond earth's edge, I lived in  a busy metropolitan subtropics. Yet by God's providential will playing out we are now  a happy couple, long after we expected, or even ever thought of, such a thing being part of our life.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 7/21/2018 at 10:37 AM, Chrisy said:

Are u married Sir? If so, pls tell us about how u met ur spouse.

O.K. I have been married twice. The first time, I was an unbeliever, and she was also. I met her, when she was just 17, and lived across the street from me, with a family that were housing her (her parents had left for Saudi Arabia for work) while she was waiting for the school year to begin, and she could attend a university.

Since the word crush, is in play here in this topic, I will point out that she certainly had a crush on me. Our relationship grew mostly, through letter writing and phone calls. That is a better way, in my opinion, to get to know a person than going to eat at a restaurant, and taking in a movie. Ways that allow you to communicate with each other helps you know a person better.

We later (I am thinking about 2 years here) moved in together and lived in sin, and were happy. When our relationship was 5 years old, we got married. The marriage lasted less than 2 years. She left me for another man. While that was her idea, I cannot say that I am blameless, I gave her reasons to leave.

About 2 years after the divorce, I went to a wedding, and at the reception, I met my second wife. I had become a Christian just a few months before my former wife left me. I want to say, that I am not a person who is especially gifted in things like prophecy, words of knowledge, visions and all of that sort of thing. I say that, because what I am going to say next, is entirely out of character for me.

When I saw the woman, who was to become my second wife, I was, (not sure how to say this), but . . . i just "knew it in my knower", that she was going to be my wife. Lest you think that this was based on any sort of physical attraction that would make me wish it, that was certainly not the case. Coincidentally, the person in charge of seating at the reception, seated the two of us, next to each other. Of course, we conversed some, and all I can say is that she certainly was not impressed with me, lol.

From conversations later, I found out, that she believed I was not really a Christian - primarily because I was un-churched at the time, had not been to a church in almost two years. Also, she was suspicious of me, because I had a van. In her mind, vans were something men had, who did not have a woman's best interests in mind.

A few months later, I led my sister and my brother-in-law to the Lord. This, led me to want to find a church, so that these new believers would have a place to get fellowship and teaching. I went to a church, that someone had recommended. It has several services each Sunday, and the sanctuary, was upstairs. While I was going up the stairs, who would be coming down those stairs, but my future wife. Of course we talked some, and found we had some common hobbies, no need to get into that. We did exchange contact info though.

Later, I was holding Bible studies at my sisters home, and invited Carol (my future wife) to come to one, along with others, of course. At these studies, Carol concluded (I guess), that I really was a Christian, and that un-churched does not necessarily mean one is not a Christian, if just might mean a Christian, is a disobedient Christian, not quite walking as God intended. Later, after one of those studies, I proposed to Carol, and she accepted.

That is how we met and connected etc. Sometimes though, not all things last. Carol after 29 years plus of marriage to me, also left me for another man, a better man. However, unlike the first time, there was joy in being left my my wife, for the better man she left me for, was Jesus. Shes has been at home with Him now, for over 4 years, and I am so thankful, that she was sparred the pain of grieving my death, as she was the type who would do so. Me? not so much.

But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. 1 Thess 4:13

Praise the Lord, I am not one of those, who have no hope, nor was Carol, so . . . 

in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing. 2 Tim 4:8

I am confident, that Carol shall be receiving her crown, not that day.

Does that answer your question Chrisy?

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

I had a crush on someone when I was 14 till I was 16. Never told her. I talk to her 40 years later still. She is single and I am too. She wants to see me I am sure now. But I have no interest lol. Funny I thought she was like the most wanted women for me when I was a teenager but I was wrong lol.

19 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

O.K. I have been married twice. The first time, I was an unbeliever, and she was also. I met her, when she was just 17, and lived across the street from me, with a family that were housing her (her parents had left for Saudi Arabia for work) while she was waiting for the school year to begin, and she could attend a university.

Since the word crush, is in play here in this topic, I will point out that she certainly had a crush on me. Our relationship grew mostly, through letter writing and phone calls. That is a better way, in my opinion, to get to know a person than going to eat at a restaurant, and taking in a movie. Ways that allow you to communicate with each other helps you know a person better.

We later (I am thinking about 2 years here) moved in together and lived in sin, and were happy. When our relationship was 5 years old, we got married. The marriage lasted less than 2 years. She left me for another man. While that was her idea, I cannot say that I am blameless, I gave her reasons to leave.

About 2 years after the divorce, I went to a wedding, and at the reception, I met my second wife. I had become a Christian just a few months before my former wife left me. I want to say, that I am not a person who is especially gifted in things like prophecy, words of knowledge, visions and all of that sort of thing. I say that, because what I am going to say next, is entirely out of character for me.

When I saw the woman, who was to become my second wife, I was, (not sure how to say this), but . . . i just "knew it in my knower", that she was going to be my wife. Lest you think that this was based on any sort of physical attraction that would make me wish it, that was certainly not the case. Coincidentally, the person in charge of seating at the reception, seated the two of us, next to each other. Of course, we conversed some, and all I can say is that she certainly was not impressed with me, lol.

From conversations later, I found out, that she believed I was not really a Christian - primarily because I was un-churched at the time, had not been to a church in almost two years. Also, she was suspicious of me, because I had a van. In her mind, vans were something men had, who did not have a woman's best interests in mind.

A few months later, I led my sister and my brother-in-law to the Lord. This, led me to want to find a church, so that these new believers would have a place to get fellowship and teaching. I went to a church, that someone had recommended. It has several services each Sunday, and the sanctuary, was upstairs. While I was going up the stairs, who would be coming down those stairs, but my future wife. Of course we talked some, and found we had some common hobbies, no need to get into that. We did exchange contact info though.

Later, I was holding Bible studies at my sisters home, and invited Carol (my future wife) to come to one, along with others, of course. At these studies, Carol concluded (I guess), that I really was a Christian, and that un-churched does not necessarily mean one is not a Christian, if just might mean a Christian, is a disobedient Christian, not quite walking as God intended. Later, after one of those studies, I proposed to Carol, and she accepted.

That is how we met and connected etc. Sometimes though, not all things last. Carol after 29 years plus of marriage to me, also left me for another man, a better man. However, unlike the first time, there was joy in being left my my wife, for the better man she left me for, was Jesus. Shes has been at home with Him now, for over 4 years, and I am so thankful, that she was sparred the pain of grieving my death, as she was the type who would do so. Me? not so much.

But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. 1 Thess 4:13

Praise the Lord, I am not one of those, who have no hope, nor was Carol, so . . . 

in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing. 2 Tim 4:8

I am confident, that Carol shall be receiving her crown, not that day.

Does that answer your question Chrisy?

You ought to write an auto-biography. Bravo!!!. Plus Aunt Carol is awesome. Wish i could have met her.

U are also not to bad urself Grandpa??.