• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Life's adventure leads to some pretty serious times, ones with harsh consequence. Yet even in the hard times there is victory, even in the loss of the battle for the flesh there is victory. Victory has already come. Victory in Jesus is far more than a rally cry, it is fact. He lives today Christ lives, and so will we that believe on Him as our own personal savior. We cannot be defeated not when we have our Lord's mercy and grace  his victory extended to us.

Specifically I think of the disease cancer, that hard disease that brings so much grief turmoil and serious times. There is often victory in the flesh, the cancer being beat back with the flesh striving onward under command of the will of the spirit, for a while anyway. And that is grand it really is. But there is a second victory too. The victory that is there even when  the flesh loses out. For perhaps most individuals there is the fight for both the corruptible flesh and for one's eternal soul.

So what to do when that harsh notice comes that positive report that does not mean things are positive, but instead that  the report is positive there is serious disease usually today cancer. It is when that report comes that the stomach gets seriously uneasy to say the least and the heart fears either for self or for a loved one.

And all the whatabouts begin; What about this diet and what about that one, what about this herb,  or that one, won't the mysteries of eastern medicine be better than western treatments? All sorts of questions and advice bloom till the mind is flooded; and yet the problem is still there to be faced. So how to face it?

It is likely to be financially devastating- okay accept that one. If it is it is. There is a greater issue, survival of the flesh, at hand.

I suggest that it is not the good time to have debate over the values of differing medical syles treatments and philosophies. It is time to go for broke, be as aggressive as possible, cut it out, burn it out, poison it, do whatever it takes, including  a change of diet.

Do it all for this is a real hard fight. Show the enemy disease no mercy,  no rules of engagement, just an all out fight. Use the mind too! Force a positive attitude to prevail no matter what the circumstance  of the moment. Basically never give up the ship while there is still ammunition to fight with.

At some point, no matter who we are and no matter how many fights with disease we win there is  a time when the fight will no longer be in us for we will have fought our all. That is when it is necessary to accept and to  have  quiet peace within and give, not give up,  but give the spirit to God. In that is no defeat, but instead an even greater victory for having run the race and finished well, to face our creator and to have the high privilege of saying "hello Lord Jesus" while newly free of this corruptible fleshly body. And there is found our victory too!

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

O so true. It is in our striving and prayers, pleading for God to intervene that we come to the realization that it is “His will” in all things that is important and it is to “His will” we surrender in those times for He knows the future and He knows what is best for all. A hard realization when it is someone very close.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

I suggest that it is not the good time to have debate over the values of differing medical syles treatments and philosophies. It is time to go for broke, be as aggressive as possible, cut it out, burn it out, poison it, do whatever it takes, including  a change of diet.

OH if ONLY this was the pattern when it came to SPIRITUAL LIFE versus SPIRITUAL DEATH .

If men were only a tenth as convicted when it comes to what is killing many SPIRITUALLY as they were concerned about the life of the flesh ,     MAN the world could be turned upside down

with pure gospel truth , correction .      Just a lil something to ponder .   

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

What doesn't cause cancer anymore though, apparently? You sit too long, you get cancer. You use a cellphone, you get cancer. You are commonly exposed to southeasterly winds on a day to day basis, you get cancer. You don't have cancer, you get cancer. The solution lies in remaining calm. Diseases arise as a threat at one point, and then they seemingly disappear for a time as well.

At the very least, an afflicted person should fight it, but realize that if death is coming, it is best to go peacefully. My aunt had cancer and she let herself out by means of malnutrition. A very slow end. I wasn't present, unfortunately, but she had apparently been rather delirious in her final days. Whether death is certain or not, freaking out solves nothing. It certainly doesn't help to go out in a state of delirium or despair either. Go with peace if you must.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

The Apostle Luke, The Physician, often treated cancer and so it was in the time of Christ’s first coming and before. It is comforting that cancer which afflicts so many people was not unknown to the apostles and definitely not unknown to the Lord Jesus Christ. 

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Of course we should put all things into the Lord's hands, pray and seek treatment as led but I did want to mention this:

We all have cancer cells in our bodies every day but our immune system fights them off.   This is why a cancer surgeon in Japan says it's so important to eat right in order to build up our immunity.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Debp said:

Of course we should put all things into the Lord's hands, pray and seek treatment as led but I did want to mention this:

We all have cancer cells in our bodies every day but our immune system fights them off.   This is why a cancer surgeon in Japan says it's so important to eat right in order to build up our immunity.

Hi, I personally don't know what good role is played out in dietary habits regarding cancers.

I do know on a very close personal experience basis that  excess of supplements like colloidal silver with beat juice extract containing products can do much harm and even be a contributor to conditions that lead to cancers forming.

The idea that flooding one's digestive system with a supplement just seems to end up costing a lot of money for precious little benefit if any. It does enrich the seller of the containers of these products, but other than that, i have not seen real benefit to anyone. In fact I have seen real damage occur instead, in part by the delay in seeking  other treatments or surgery.

I can say I have thrown away  literally thousands of dollars of such cancer  prevention or treatment products after a battle. I have been  affected by three awful losses that  I believe had their beginnings and  end result affected adversely by use of such hope in a bottle or a capsule of alternative medicine and supplement. So I do get a bit on edge when there is claim of some outcast "doctor" or chemist having the secret that  the medical industry won't share- yeh right. The individuals lost to these sorcerers were very near and dear to me.

Chemotherapy IV cocktails poison, radiation turns cells  to non-viability, surgery removes.  An all out fight using every tool and technique available is what many if not most of us do when faced with the diseases cancer. And I think it is of benefit to have been a little bit  if not quite a bit on the fat side starting this fight as the process of the fight  makes it harder to keep consuming food. So,- I just don't know about the idea of watching diet being of help.

The life experience some of us have seem to lead to particular cancer types; aerospace industry workers  tended to work around some petrochemical based solvents that are now thought to be the trigger for later urinary bladder and liver cancers for instance. Yet others get  similar cancers too.

I have tended to a few individuals with cancers. I do have experience with the fight, have suffered  the losses, and seen the victories too. Sometime it just doesn't seem fair how it works out, but other times it is miraculous. It is a hard thing, and a hard thing to discuss for it's pain. Nonetheless cancer is real,  cancers do not wait while the host body searches around for a particular battle plan. So I do suggest be aggressive in the battle, for it is a fight, it is not like any other disease, it is not just a cold the flu  or even  other debilitating illnesses.

Do all things to the glory of God even in this fight. Praise God and pass the ammunition is the needed mindset for going into this battle. 

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

This can be a tough subject, but is it not better to embrace dis-ease and thank God for it? We all die, so in that sense what matter from what "cause"? The cause is always sin. As believers, even though our flesh dies, we are already eternally healed!!!

Yes, the heart aches for those we see pass on from the physical manifestations that cause death. Look at that tragedy were 9 people drowned from one family. Imagine the grief survivors of that family are going through. If those who perished were not saved, then grief is justified, but for those who are saved, there is no grief in being with our Lord.

Either way our suffering and death to this world serve God's purpose and for that we should be grateful. Christ did no less for each of us.

Hope I made this clear so no one thinks I'm being insensitive to the suffering of others. Pray for all who are ill, whether in body or mind, whether believer or unbeliever. It is just that in all we do and all we experience we serve His will and greater purpose. Can there be more comfort than that? No.

:amen:

3 hours ago, RockyMidnight said:

This can be a tough subject, but is it not better to embrace dis-ease and thank God for it? We all die, so in that sense what matter from what "cause"? The cause is always sin. As believers, even though our flesh dies, we are already eternally healed!!!

Yes, the heart aches for those we see pass on from the physical manifestations that cause death. Look at that tragedy were 9 people drowned from one family. Imagine the grief survivors of that family are going through. If those who perished were not saved, then grief is justified, but for those who are saved, there is no grief in being with our Lord.

Either way our suffering and death to this world serve God's purpose and for that we should be grateful. Christ did no less for each of us.

Hope I made this clear so no one thinks I'm being insensitive to the suffering of others. Pray for all who are ill, whether in body or mind, whether believer or unbeliever. It is just that in all we do and all we experience we serve His will and greater purpose. Can there be more comfort than that? No.

:amen:

Hi, 

I know of a wedding that occurred this weekend, one parent of the young couple had a serious cancer some seven years ago. The fight was horrific, the techniques brutal, the odds against success were high, yet the fight was fought, and there has been victory to this date and mom saw her daughter wed. Such a wonderful victory. 

Not all fights end well for the flesh that is sure, but the fight itself can be testament to faith in Christ Jesus too. The manner in which one sustains their faith even in the harshest of times  lasts as long as the last witness of it lives.

Each person makes their own choice: I do know two that are now with the Lord Jesus, each had throat cancers. One just literally stood the pain  and stood as door greeter at church as they had always been, till falling dead. The pain so great the person could not speak, but still the person greeted with a smile a welcome brother welcome sister. Another went the aggressive chemo and radiation route and was cured, lived more than five more years serving as a bond-servant to Jesus, and then succumbed quickly to another cancer. Both were marvelous in their testimony in action.

My own life's mate underwent chemo, radiation, four surgeries, and was pronounced healthy - no need even for follow up. Then the cancer quickly reappeared and she was soon gone. Her battle is a testimony to me and many  close to us of her faith in the manner  she did the battle, her countenance always being positive in spite of the harshest disease.

My friend today is fighting cancer of the liver. It is a fatal fight, he is dying, yet he battles on and the battling has benefitted his family. He says he decided to fight on because God has given him breathe and it seems to him an insult to God to just  give that up. God will take him when God has deemed regardless so he does the fight. His battle too serves to give testimony of God and glory to God.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 3

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Neighbor, I am not talking about supplements.   I am saying that healthy eating (lots of veggies and fruits, especially broccoli) help build up our immune systems.  A strong immune system fights off cancer cells which all of us have in our bodies.  I am not saying don't get any treatments, but rather I'm just saying we need to eat healthy for our immunity.

Also, the beneficial bacteria in our intestines strengthens our immunity.

Doctors in Japan are doing cutting edge treatments for cancer....with good results.   But a cancer surgeon there recommends the above, too.

• Thumbs Up 1