Fidei Defensor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

The doctrine of the Holy Trinity is central to the Christian faith. The Father, The Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit are One God in Three Persons. Each member of the Trinity is unique and has distinct personality even though they are One God and in harmony. Many say we cannot Understand the Holy Trinity, in truth, “it is not that we cannot understand anything about the Holy Trinity, it is that We can endlessly understand and know the Trinity. The Knowind never ends” (R.). 

The Holy Trinity is throughout Scripture: 

Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground,” (Genesis 1:26)

“And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever." (Genesis 3:22)

The Lord appeared to Abraham near the great trees of Mamre while he was sitting at the entrance to his tent in the heat of the day. Abraham looked up and saw three men standing nearby. When he saw them, he hurried from the entrance of his tent to meet them and bowed low to the ground.

He said, “If I have found favor in your eyes, my lord,[a] do not pass your servantby. Let a little water be brought, and then you may all wash your feet and rest under this tree. Let me get you something to eat,so you can be refreshed and then go on your way—now that you have come to your servant.”

“Very well,” they answered, “do as you say.”

So Abraham hurried into the tent to Sarah. “Quick,” he said, “get three seahs[b] of the finest flour and knead it and bake some bread.”

Then he ran to the herd and selected a choice, tender calf and gave it to a servant, who hurried to prepare it. He then brought some curds and milk and the calf that had been prepared, and set these before them.While they ate, he stood near them under a tree.

“Where is your wife Sarah?” they asked him.

“There, in the tent,” he said.

10 Then one of them said, “I will surely return to you about this time next year, and Sarah your wife will have a son.”

Now Sarah was listening at the entrance to the tent, which was behind him. 11 Abraham and Sarah were already very old, and Sarah was past the age of childbearing. 12 So Sarah laughed to herself as she thought, “After I am worn out and my lord is old, will I now have this pleasure?”

13 Then the Lord said to Abraham, “Why did Sarah laugh and say, ‘Will I really have a child, now that I am old?’ 14 Is anything too hard for the Lord? I will return to you at the appointed time next year, and Sarah will have a son.”

15 Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.”

But he said, “Yes, you did laugh.” (Genesis 18:1-15)

16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of Goddescending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.” (Matthew 3:16-17)

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.” (1 John 5:7)

”But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.” (John 14:6) 

“But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, [even] the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me.” (John 15:26)

Again Jesus said, "Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you. And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit.” (John 20:21-22)

Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.” (1 Peter 1:2)

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” (Matthew 28:19)

”Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” (Acts 2:38)

The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy oneto be born will be called[a] the Son of God.” (Luke 1:35) 

But he, full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God.” (Acts 7:55)

And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever.” (John  14:16)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I agree..

- Trinity is important in Christian faith.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,851
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

The doctrine of the Holy Trinity is central to the Christian faith. The Father, The Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit are One God in Three Persons. Each member of the Trinity is unique and has distinct personality even though they are One God and in harmony. Many say we cannot Understand the Holy Trinity, in truth, “it is not that we cannot understand anything about the Holy Trinity, it is that We can endlessly understand and know the Trinity. The Knowind never ends” (R.). 

The Holy Trinity is throughout Scripture: 

Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground,” (Genesis 1:26)

The distinct facts in this scripture are: 

We have the Creator, of man, and some other life that is known to man.

The Creator is call God. 

From the language we may infere that the decission to Create man it was not his alone, that the Creator did not acted on his own initiative, that the decition was not unilateral. 

The fact that he was the Creator, in this context , we may infere that he was sent to create Man. 

From the language as in "let us create man", we may using as a guide our own experience from our own world, infere that the Creator was not alone at the actual time of the creation of man, we may see it from our own world, that to be a witness to an acount your phycical presence is required. 

That we were observing the actual event being there and for that reason we can give our testimony as to what happened. 

We understand that we are physical but they were not. 

The reference to others witnessing the Creator alone taking the dust from the earth, does not demant the presence of the witness. 

The reference to us, it exludes Angels, as the Creator cannot be identified as an Angel. 

The us must refer to someone of his own kind. 

As in they maybe like us knowing......

And then the description that they heard the sound of the steps of God approaching is that the Creator was alone. 

During the Baptism of Jesus we have the HEAVENLY FATHER who gives his witnessing that he knows what is happening at the time of the Event, but he himself is in Heaven and has not left HEAVEN to be at that specific location. 

The samething may and that's more likely what happened at the time of the Creation of Man, and not only man. 

From the scripture we see at everytime Jesus makes references to the HEAVENLY FATHER, he all the time that he is in HEAVEN and never he has place him on earth. 

All the time Jesus has said , before and after the resuraction that i have to go to Heaven to present my self to the FATHER, and before the redirection i come from above, I went to the FATHER above, and at the same time the FATHER is with me - in Spirit, and I know the will of the FATHER, the same way the Holy Spirit is with us and we know the will of Jesus. 

Even Abraham never met the Creator God allmighty, 

Only in visions, 

And without any doubt never met or ever communicate with the HEAVENLY FATHER. 

The Spiritual Father of Abraham and Israel was the CHRIST to be the Creator. 

it does not Identified who 

“And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever." (Genesis 3:22) 

The Lord appeared to Abraham near the great trees of Mamre while he was sitting at the entrance to his tent in the heat of the day. Abraham looked up and saw three men standing nearby. When he saw them, he hurried from the entrance of his tent to meet them and bowed low to the ground.

He said, “If I have found favor in your eyes, my lord,[a] do not pass your servantby. Let a little water be brought, and then you may all wash your feet and rest under this tree. Let me get you something to eat,so you can be refreshed and then go on your way—now that you have come to your servant.”

“Very well,” they answered, “do as you say.”

So Abraham hurried into the tent to Sarah. “Quick,” he said, “get three seahs[b] of the finest flour and knead it and bake some bread.”

Then he ran to the herd and selected a choice, tender calf and gave it to a servant, who hurried to prepare it. He then brought some curds and milk and the calf that had been prepared, and set these before them.While they ate, he stood near them under a tree.

“Where is your wife Sarah?” they asked him.

“There, in the tent,” he said.

10 Then one of them said, “I will surely return to you about this time next year, and Sarah your wife will have a son.”

Now Sarah was listening at the entrance to the tent, which was behind him. 11 Abraham and Sarah were already very old, and Sarah was past the age of childbearing. 12 So Sarah laughed to herself as she thought, “After I am worn out and my lord is old, will I now have this pleasure?”

13 Then the Lord said to Abraham, “Why did Sarah laugh and say, ‘Will I really have a child, now that I am old?’ 14 Is anything too hard for the Lord? I will return to you at the appointed time next year, and Sarah will have a son.”

15 Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.”

But he said, “Yes, you did laugh.” (Genesis 18:1-15)

16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of Goddescending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.” (Matthew 3:16-17)

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.” (1 John 5:7)

”But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.” (John 14:6) 

“But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, [even] the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me.” (John 15:26)

Again Jesus said, "Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you. And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit.” (John 20:21-22)

Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.” (1 Peter 1:2)

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” (Matthew 28:19)

”Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” (Acts 2:38)

The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy oneto be born will be called[a] the Son of God.” (Luke 1:35) 

But he, full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God.” (Acts 7:55)

And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever.” (John  14:16)

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,187
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

I have often thought of this description of the Trinity I once read;

“If we are to talk of the Trinity we must use human and temporal words to describe eternal truths. Though our understanding of the words have both a beginning and a end;

The Father is that which brings forth. For that is that which Father’s do, they bring forth. The Son is that which is bought forth, for that is that which Son’s are. Though in the Diety there was never a time it was not so. That is why the “Father” is called the “Father” and the “Son” the “Son”, with the Spirit flowing forth from both.” 

Have often thought this was a curious interpretation of the Trinity. 

Much love in Christ, Not me

Edited by Not me

• Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

An interesting thought, “Don’t start with the One and try to make it into Three, but start with the Three and see that this is the deepest nature of the One. This starting point, along with the contemplative mind to understand it, was much more emphasized and developed in the Eastern church, which is frankly why it still sounds foreign to most of the Western churches.” (The Divine Dance, The Trinity and Transformation, Richard Rhor).