The Gift of Healing

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  15

The Gift of Healing is one of those listed in 1 Corinthians. The Apostle Peter spread the gospel by Healing a man at the Temple (Acts 3:6-8).

Some verses: 

to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit,” (1 Corinthians 12:9) 

And these signs will follow those whobelieve: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues;18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover,” (Mark 16:17-18)

”And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues,” (1 Corinthians 12:28)

” Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord,” (James 5:14). 

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  406
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 5:42 PM, Fidei Defensor said:

The Gift of Healing is one of those listed in 1 Corinthians. The Apostle Peter spread the gospel by Healing a man at the Temple (Acts 3:6-8).

Some verses: 

And these signs will follow those whobelieve: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues;18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover,” (Mark 16:17-18)

”And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues,” (1 Corinthians 12:28)

” Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord,” (James 5:14). 

Jesus has already healed us, Isaiah 53: 3--5. Matt 8: 16--17. 1 Pet 2: 24. And we can receive healing by faith. Mk 16: 17--18. James 5: 14--15.

16 hours ago, Alan Hales said:

Jesus has already healed us, Isaiah 53: 3--5. Matt 8: 16--17. 1 Pet 2: 24. And we can receive healing by faith. Mk 16: 17--18. James 5: 14--15.

Jesus has healed the greatest wounds: death (Hebrews 2, Revslation 1:17), our separation/distance from God reconciling us  (2 Corinthians 5:18, John 3:16), and He had given us eternal life (John 6:40). 

The Healing this thread is talking about is physical and emotional. Jesus healed people often and He still heals people. 

Here is an example of Jesus Healing a man in two ways, firstly his spirit and then his body, “When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralyzed man, “Son, your sins are forgiven.” Now some teachers of the law were sitting there, thinking to themselves, “Why does this fellow talk like that? He’s blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?” Immediately Jesus knew in his spirit that this was what they were thinking in their hearts, and he said to them, “Why are you thinking these things? Which is easier: to say to this paralyzed man, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Get up, take your mat and walk’? 10 But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” So he said to the man, 11 “I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home.”12 He got up, took his mat and walked out in full view of them all. This amazed everyone and they praised God, saying, “We have never seen anything like this!” (Mark 2:5-12). 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

On 7/22/2018 at 9:42 AM, Fidei Defensor said:

Some verses: 

John 14:12 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.

Mark 16:17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

Luke 11:8 Whatever city you enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you. 9 And heal the sick there, and say to them, ‘The kingdom of God has come near to you.’

Matthew 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

John 20:21 So Jesus said to them again, “Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you. 22 And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit.

Acts 10:8 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Joshua-777 said:

John 14:12 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.

Mark 16:17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

Luke 11:8 Whatever city you enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you. 9 And heal the sick there, and say to them, ‘The kingdom of God has come near to you.’

Matthew 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

John 20:21 So Jesus said to them again, “Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you. 22 And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit.

Acts 10:8 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.

Huzzah! A fellow Scripturist! (One who quotes the Bible often) :) 

Great quotes to affirm healing is part of the Christian life. 

• Thumbs Up 1