turtletwo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

Crying out to God when you come to the end of yourself...

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Love this song!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Mat 12:20

A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/24/2018 at 3:42 PM, angels4u said:

Love this song!

:) I'm glad it ministered to you, Angels. I never knew this song until recently when the lyrics were posted by a sister here. She said she felt the Lord impressing her that someone really needed this message. That day I felt overwhelmed...like everything was caving in on me.

The Lord is good. :) It was exactly what I needed  to reassure me that God understood my inner turmoil. "For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust."  Psalm 103:14

3 hours ago, Willa said:

Mat 12:20

A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.

:)Thanks for posting this scripture, Willa. Wanting to extract deeper meaning from the verse, I decided to look into it. Thought I would share what I found out:

“Bruised reed … smoking flax”: The reed was used by shepherds to fashion a small musical instrument. Once cracked or worn, it was useless.

A smoldering wick “flax” was also useless for giving light. These represent people who are deemed useless by the world. Christ’s work was to restore and rekindle such people, not to “break” them. This speaks of His tender compassion toward the lowliest of the lost. He came not to gather the strong for a revolution, but to show mercy to the weak. (1 Cor. 1:26-29).

@Willa: Maybe you could share what you happened to be thinking as to the connection between the song and the scripture? I am interested to know what inspired you to post it. :) Could you elaborate a bit? :thumbsup: I always like hearing your insights, sis.

Edited by turtletwo
corrected spelling error

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

During hard trials we often feel beat up and bruised, like we are done for, barely holding on to faith.  I can remember saying to myself, I know that God still lives me because Jesus died for me. God brings that what remains back to life.  He stretches out faith even past the limits of our endurance sometimes.  Like Job.  That is the verse God gave me to encourage me and cling to during those hard times.

Of course, it can mean that once we have died to ourselves and died with Christ, He will raise up the new creation in Christ.  But the song brought to mind the verses.  Don't know why.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Willa said:

During hard trials we often feel beat up and bruised, like we are done for, barely holding on to faith.  I can remember saying to myself, I know that God still lives me because Jesus died for me. God brings that what remains back to life.  He stretches out faith even past the limits of our endurance sometimes.  Like Job.  That is the verse God gave me to encourage me and cling to during those hard times.

Of course, it can mean that once we have died to ourselves and died with Christ, He will raise up the new creation in Christ.  But the song brought to mind the verses.  Don't know why.

@ Willa, Thanks so much for taking the time to answer me... I know at least one reason God brought that verse to your mind and had you put it under the video I posted. Today I'm overwhelmed by physical pain which has brought with it a sense of despair. I must do as you've said...take refuge in remembering God still loves me because of Jesus dying for me. My suffering (however intense) can't change that fact. Thanks for your words of encouragement.

P.S. This scripture is for me a hidden gem in that I don't recall pondering on it until you posted it and brought it to my attention! I've read Matthew enough times but must have skimmed right by that verse somehow...