• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

35 minutes ago, BlessedCreator said:

I dont believe any main stream Christian films or music for that matter are made by actual Christians. Hollywood is all satanic. It's all about pushing secret and wicked agendas and filthy lucre.

That is an interesting proclamation.  Can you unpack it for us by giving us real life examples? 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  407
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

To summarize this interesting thread, it appears that mainstream Hollywood movies take liberties (in some cases a lot of liberties) with the truth regarding Bible accounts for a variety of reasons (liberal agenda, pursuing money over fidelity to the Bible accounts, etc.).  So the operative question is do these types of movies harm or hurt the proclamation of the good news?

Additionally, I never saw the movie "King David," starring Richard Gere; what Biblical perspective can someone share on this?

Also, I was looking forward to the movie about Noah, starring Russell Crowe, but it had some weird tree like characters who were human-like and was off based, that I found it very disappointing.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, BibleStudent100 said:

To summarize this interesting thread, it appears that mainstream Hollywood movies take liberties (in some cases a lot of liberties) with the truth regarding Bible accounts for a variety of reasons (liberal agenda, pursuing money over fidelity to the Bible accounts, etc.).  So the operative question is do these types of movies harm or hurt the proclamation of the good news?

Additionally, I never saw the movie "King David," starring Richard Gere; what Biblical perspective can someone share on this?

Also, I was looking forward to the movie about Noah, starring Russell Crowe, but it had some weird tree like characters who were human-like and was off based, that I found it very disappointing.

The POV of "King David" is.....>"why do i have to listen to Prophets, why can't God tell me"... so,  If that sounds like what you'd like to hear with handsome R. Gere playing the King, jump in.

A better movie, much better with him in it, is,  """Hachi: A Dog's Tale""

Its a very sweet movie, that mostly tries to be unoffensive and just sweet.

And does teaching a Gospel using mouth or music or media that does not agree with the Grace of God, harm? ?????

Only every single person's faith it tries to corrupt. = 100%

Edited by Behold

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

On 10/5/2018 at 1:51 PM, Willa said:

My sister in law rededicated her life to the Lord after watching Jesus Christ Superstar, which only shows that God can use anything to accomplish His purpose.  

Great film, albiet controversial. It showed sides of Jesus that few movies do, like when He says “too many of them” as people wanted healing, this is a direct reference to John 6, when there were believers who wanted bread, not the Gospel and His words in the Gospel of Luke, “But Jesus told them, "I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns as well, because that is why I was sent.” (Luke  4:43). Yes He did miracles, but His focus was to preach the Kingdom, make propitiation for our sins, and recocile man to God through Hinself the God Man.  Jesus Chrisy t Superstar explored these concepts, when most Jesus films are miracle after miracle. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

On 4/28/2020 at 5:15 PM, BlessedCreator said:

I dont believe any main stream Christian films or music for that matter are made by actual Christians. Hollywood is all satanic. It's all about pushing secret and wicked agendas and filthy lucre.

There are “wolves in sheep’s clothing,” (Matthew 7:15) to be sure, but with disernment it is possible to recognize them from the genuine saints doing good work. 

I must confess on this note I love Mel Gibson’s The Passion of the Christ, but I have doubts if our Lord God Trinity will homor his follow up “The Ressurection of Christ” with him living in sin with a woman. I know bis Catholic faith won’t let him remarry, but one must ask, didn’t he remember the persecution and blitzkirk that came against him over the Passion?  

While yes Christ forgives (1 John 2:1-2), I don’t know how a man in adultery can give honor to God with this film.