Wayne222

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

The Bible says we will live on a new earth. The city of God the new Jerusalem will be on earth. It states no one can enter unless they are sactified. It's states the bride of christ will live in the city. Those not the bride will live outside the city. They are allowed into the city but don't live there. Only the bride of christ will live there. The city is made for christ and the bride. I think to be the bride which is all saved people is to be rulers with christ. The ones being ruled is the rest of mankind. We will even judge Angels at that time. Being a ruler is a joy for christ. We enter his joy. Wonder what we will be doing ? We will be ruling forever. But it will be enjoyable.  The good we will do will bring joy to mankind. Plus we will worship the father forever in the city. What else we will be doing is a guess. But it will be fellowship. God is good to give us this eternal inheritance. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  11,715
  • Content Per Day:  4.59
  • Days Won:  106

12 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

The Bible says we will live on a new earth. The city of God the new Jerusalem will be on earth. It states no one can enter unless they are sactified. It's states the bride of christ will live in the city. Those not the bride will live outside the city. They are allowed into the city but don't live there. Only the bride of christ will live there. The city is made for christ and the bride. I think to be the bride which is all saved people is to be rulers with christ. The ones being ruled is the rest of mankind. We will even judge Angels at that time. Being a ruler is a joy for christ. We enter his joy. Wonder what we will be doing ? We will be ruling forever. But it will be enjoyable.  The good we will do will bring joy to mankind. Plus we will worship the father forever in the city. What else we will be doing is a guess. But it will be fellowship. God is good to give us this eternal inheritance. 

Thanks for sharing Wayne!  Revelation 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Curious is the passing away words referring to the heat that makes it pass away?

2 Peter 3:10But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

On 7/26/2018 at 4:53 PM, Wayne222 said:

Those not the bride will live outside the city. They are allowed into the city but don't live there.

It says they will not be allowed to Enter at all..

Revelation 22: KJV

14 "Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. {15} For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie."

Only the bride of christ will live there. The city is made for christ and the bride. I think to be the bride which is all saved people is to be rulers with christ. The ones being ruled is the rest of mankind. We will even judge Angels at that time.

We shall indeed judge Angels.. But the time when we shall rule the rest of mankind will be during the millenial kingdom the 1000 years that happen before the New Jerusalem comes down..

Being a ruler is a joy for christ. We enter his joy. Wonder what we will be doing ? We will be ruling forever. But it will be enjoyable.  The good we will do will bring joy to mankind. Plus we will worship the father forever in the city. What else we will be doing is a guess. But it will be fellowship. God is good to give us this eternal inheritance. 

We shall be ruling over the Angels but i am just happy to know our lives will be filled with joy and peace.. So it does not matter to me what we will be doing.. I know it will be awesome..

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 2:53 AM, Wayne222 said:

Sounds like universalism. :D

19 minutes ago, Adstar said:

It says they will not be allowed to Enter at all..

Revelation 22: KJV

14 "Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. {15} For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie."

We shall indeed judge Angels.. But the time when we shall rule the rest of mankind will be during the millenial kingdom the 1000 years that happen before the New Jerusalem comes down..

Isn't revelation 22 about after that age?

Also, I have a serious problem with the phrase "the time is near". This means the time it was talking about has already taken place, a couple thousand years ago. And that is only amplified by the beginning of revelation where it says "things that must soon take place".

For me, it means ether we are all getting the whole thing terribly wrong, or Revelation is nonsense. I suspect it's the former, of course. :)

Edited by Still Alive

14 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

Isn't revelation 22 about after that age?

Also, I have a serious problem with the phrase "the time is near". This means the time it was talking about has already taken place, a couple thousand years ago.

The New Jerusalem comes down out of heaven at the end of the 1000 year reign of Jesus and the Saints on earth..

And the ""time is near"" was stated by God.. So from Gods POV the Time is near.. Not our POV..  As Peter declared..

2 Peter 3: KJV

2 "That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour: {3} Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, {4} And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. {5} For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: {6} Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: {7} But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. {8} But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."

So Gods time and our times are not related.. So we cannot look at the statement  ""time is near"" and automatically assume it is talking about our time experience..

5 minutes ago, Adstar said:

The New Jerusalem comes down out of heaven at the end of the 1000 year reign of Jesus and the Saints on earth..

And the ""time is near"" was stated by God.. So from Gods POV the Time is near.. Not our POV..  As Peter declared..

2 Peter 3: KJV

2 "That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour: {3} Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, {4} And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. {5} For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: {6} Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: {7} But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. {8} But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."

So Gods time and out times are not related.. So we cannot look at the statement  ""time is near"" and automatically assume it is talking about our time experience..

Yes, I was listening again to that very comment in 2 peter this morning on my commute (90 minute trip each way). This was a "peter immersion" week for me.

I'm not buying it and was thinking about it when listening to 2 Peter. The reason is simple: Yes, for God time is irrelevant. But if we are going to apply the "2 Peter rule" it means that saying something is afar off or saying it is near becomes utterly meaningless. So peter is telling us that god is patient and we need to focus on his timing when we think he is not being fast enough. I also believe it is telling us that God exists outside of time.

But when a writer in the bible says something is near, he is talking to men from a human perspective. Near means near, not "some day in the near or very distant future".

i.e. near means near, from a human perspective. Likewise, "the time is short" means, "the time is short".

So, now the question is, what happened that he was talking about? Or is it all a bunch of nonsense? I choose to believe the former, but the only thing anyone ever comes up with is the destruction of Jerusalem. So I'm still trying to work it out in my own mind.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

28 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

Sounds like universalism. :D

An offshoot of it anyway .  It clearly states in the bible that all unbelievers ,the fearful , so on ,  WILL be cast into the LAKE OF FIRE .   THAT in no way sounds like

We simply just going to be ruling over them .    What wayen said , I must confess was a bit spooky .    Foks those outside the city GET TRODDEN DOWN BY THE WRATH OF GOD .

Its quite clear about that .     AKA,  we better get busy with the gospel and saying JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY to be saved ,   IF you deny HIM , HE denies YOU .

We better get busy reminding the churches also , THAT JESUS aint no minisitir of sin , THAT WHO we obey IS WHOSE servants we truly are . Whether of sin unto death

or obedience unto righteousness.

We better get busy , cause a humongous all inclusive lie is taking root in more and more and more and more .    We better get busy LIVING FOR CHRIST

Preaching HIM as the ONLY SAVOIR .     Folks the early church UNDERSTOOD the GOSPLE VERY WELLL .    ANd you know what , HOW THEY UNDERSTOOD IT

CAUSED a fire to build UNDER THEM and they could be heard PREACHING JESUS from door to door , street by street,  city to city , state to state , nation to nation .

I MEAN IT LIT A FIRE of REPENT AND BELEIVE .     most mens books of today have watered down the gospel so much,  Aint no flame in most to even get up and warn folks

REPENT and BELEIVE .    ITS bad,  real bad what inclusvisim , seeker friendly, emergent ideals , books like the shack , circle makers , HAVE YA BEST LIFE NOW

and scores of others , HAVE DONE to most of christantiy .  WE better return TO BIBLE only , and get learned up well IN THOSE doctrines , or we will be swept away with the flood OF DELSUION .   FOR the HOLY SCRIPTURES DO MAKE US WISE UNTO SALVATION through FAITH IN CHRIST .

8 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

Yes, I was listening again to that very comment in 2 peter this morning on my commute (90 minute trip each way). This was a "peter immersion" week for me.

I'm not buying it and was thinking about it when listening to 2 Peter. The reason is simple: Yes, for God time is irrelevant. But if we are going to apply the "2 Peter rule" it means that saying something is afar off or saying it is near becomes utterly meaningless. So peter is telling us that god is patient and we need to focus on his timing when we think he is not being fast enough. I also believe it is telling us that God exists outside of time.

But when a writer in the bible says something is near, he is talking to men from a human perspective. Near means near, not "some day in the near or very distant future".

i.e. near means near, from a human perspective. Likewise, "the time is short" means, "the time is short".

So, now the question is, what happened that he was talking about? Or is it all a bunch of nonsense? I choose to believe the former, but the only thing anyone ever comes up with is the destruction of Jerusalem. So I'm still trying to work it out in my own mind.

Just so we are on the same page .. where did you get ""the time is short"" quote from? or the ""time is near"" quote from?

1 minute ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

An offshoot of it anyway .  It clearly states in the bible that all unbelievers ,the fearful , so on ,  WILL be cast into the LAKE OF FIRE .   THAT in no way sounds like

We simply just going to be ruling over them .    What wayen said , I must confess was a bit spooky .    Foks those outside the city GET TRODDEN DOWN BY THE WRATH OF GOD .

Its quite clear about that .     AKA,  we better get busy with the gospel and saying JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY to be saved ,   IF you deny HIM , HE denies YOU .

We better get busy reminding the churches also , THAT JESUS aint no minisitir of sin , THAT WHO we obey IS WHOSE servants we truly are . Whether of sin unto death

or obedience unto righteousness.

We better get busy , cause a humongous all inclusive lie is taking root in more and more and more and more .    We better get busy LIVING FOR CHRIST

Preaching HIM as the ONLY SAVOIR .     Folks the early church UNDERSTOOD the GOSPLE VERY WELLL .    ANd you know what , HOW THEY UNDERSTOOD IT

CAUSED a fire to build UNDER THEM and they could be heard PREACHING JESUS from door to door , street by street,  city to city , state to state , nation to nation .

I MEAN IT LIT A FIRE of REPENT AND BELEIVE .     most mens books of today have watered down the gospel so much,  Aint no flame in most to even get up and warn folks

REPENT and BELEIVE .    ITS bad,  real bad what inclusvisim , seeker friendly, emergent ideals , books like the shack , circle makers , HAVE YA BEST LIFE NOW

and scores of others , HAVE DONE to most of christantiy .  WE better return TO BIBLE only , and get learned up well IN THOSE doctrines , or we will be swept away with the flood OF DELSUION .   FOR the HOLY SCRIPTURES DO MAKE US WISE UNTO SALVATION through FAITH IN CHRIST .

I see it this way:

1. A book that teaches on doctrine is the same as a preacher preaching on doctrine. That is, it is one man's perspective on what the bible teaches. It may be good teaching or it may be marlarky. But we get to prayerfully decide who to believe.

2. Yes, those that do not accept Christ in this age are thrown into the lake of fire. The question is, are they annihilated then, or are they purified so they are included in the "every knee shall bow and tongue confess that Jesus is Lord" group? And if the latter, it suggests a form of universalism with those that accepted Christ in this age as the rulers that live in the new Jerusalem and the rest of mankind living outside it, and those living in it can pass between the two. Frankly, because many bibles call rev. 22 the restored Garden of Eden, it almost suggests that back in Adam's day, there WERE human beings outside the garden and revelation 22 speaks of a new version of the situation on earth at that time.

3. Nowhere does the bible suggest that those that are lost receive eternal life. This would suggest annihilationism as opposed to universalism. However, the word "eternal" really could be better translated "for the age". i.e. the saved will have life in a particular age that in which the lost will not have life. But what about subsequent ages? Just thinking out loud. I'm not suggesting any doctrine. I'm just asking sincere questions. And I don't have an answer. Frankly, I don't think anyone has, or will until we are no longer seeing through a glass darkly.

I'm not proposing any doctrine here. I'm just pointing out that we (or at least I) don't really know, for sure, what it's going to be like and far too often we turn our speculation into doctrine and, sometimes, dogma. Suffice it to say, I believe it will be far more than I can imagine. He's already given me a glimpse of that in my marriage. It is far more than I could have imagined, so I know how he works. :)