• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.49
  • Content Count:  44,078
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

Worthy News Brief - July 26, 2018

Friend, who can endure it?

Joel 2:11-13 The Lord gives voice before His army, For His camp is very great; For strong is the One who executes His word. For the day of the Lord is great and very terrible; Who can endure it? "Now, therefore," says the Lord, "Turn to Me with all your heart, With fasting, with weeping, and with mourning." So rend your heart, and not your garments; Return to the Lord your God, For He is gracious and merciful, Slow to anger, and of great kindness; And He relents from doing harm.

In this prophetic passage, the critical question is immediately followed by the powerfully convicting answer. Joel prophesies the Day of the Lord, and asks, "Who can endure it?" The next word "therefore", is followed by the prophet's urgent counsel: "Turn to me with all your heart, with fasting, with weeping, and with mourning!" Real repentance -- not some superficial, wimpy, "I'm sorry God", but a deep, sorrowful, heart-wrenching cry with fasting, that means business and recognizes the terrible danger ahead -- is what is required.

I have to ask myself, how willing am I to enter into this depth of repentance in order to restore, or deepen my relationship with my Lord, or to cry out in identification with a dying world full of lost souls. Are my emotions and my soul willing to be passionately engaged with the grim reality in and around me? How does this affect my prayer life? or my attitude toward my sins? As I look at this world, I clearly see the Day of the Lord looming on the horizon. This prophecy may never be more applicable than it is now, in our very day.

Friend, let's take a serious account of things, and allow ourselves to be truly, profoundly moved by what we find. If, as the Lord told us, those that mourn are blessed, then let's not shrink back from what we see in ourselves and in the world around us.."There is a time to mourn"...the Lord will be rejoicing. He is seeking those who will recognize and deeply repent of their sin...and He longs to forgive and restore us.

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Arad, Israel

Editor's Note: We're starting to put together our Winter Tour to the States. If you would like to us minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or host a Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyemail.com for more information. 

Friend, if our ministry has blessed you, consider supporting our work online and in Israel! Thank you for your prayers and gifts! Together, we are making a difference for the Kingdom!
Around the World
Trump Touts ‘Big Day for Free and Fair Trade’ With E.U. Commissioner
President Donald Trump and European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker spoke at the White House Wednesday to say they are negotiating a deal to end most tariffs, trade barriers, and industrial subsidies between Europe and the United States.
North Korea Is Still Producing 'Fissile Material' Despite a Pledge to Denuclearize, Mike Pompeo Says
North Korea has continued producing fuel for nuclear weapons despite leader Kim Jong Un’s support for denuclearization at a summit with President Donald Trump last month, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo told a Senate hearing Wednesday.
Trump strikes deal with Europe to buy more US energy
President Trump hashed out a trade deal on Wednesday that will lead to Europe buying more liquefied natural gas from the U.S. to diversify its energy supplies.
Explosion reported outside the US Embassy in Beijing
Eyewitnesses say online an explosion has taken place outside the U.S. Embassy in Beijing.
Proposed Trump-Putin meeting at White House is put off
The Trump administration sought to fend off accusations the president is too soft on Russia, putting off a proposed second summit with Russian leader Vladimir Putin and declaring the U.S. will never recognize Russia’s 2014 annexation of Crimea.
Turkey's Erdogan: The making of a latter-day Sultan
Erdogan, 64, is positioning himself as the bearer of a new Turkish identity, one more closely aligned with Turkey’s Ottoman past and Islamic heritage.

Israel-Palestinian Conflict
Hamas puts forces on alert, threatens revenge after IDF kills three fighters
Hamas’s military wing, the Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades, announced Thursday morning that its forces were going on high alert, deploying at the highest readiness level in expectation of a possible full-blown war with Israel.
Trump team preparing economic plan as part of Mideast peace proposal: official
A long-awaited Middle East peace plan from the Trump administration will include what the White House is calling a robust economic plan to help resolve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, an official has said.
Rocket shot down by Iron Dome as Gaza border violence persists
A rocket shot from Gaza was shot down by the Iron Dome anti-missile system early Thursday, the Israel Defense Forces said, as cross-border violence in the volatile region persisted for a second day.
Moscow thanks IDF for destroying Islamic State rocket launcher in Syria
The Russian Defense Ministry said it had thanked the Israeli army for destroying an Islamic State missile launcher which fired two rockets at Israel that landed in the Sea of Galilee.

Inside the United States
Rod Rosenstein accused of hiding info from Congress in impeachment articles
Conservative House lawmakers introduced articles of impeachment against Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein on Wednesday, saying he’s led the Justice Department in 'hiding' information from Congress on investigations into Russian election meddling and Hillary Clinton’s secret emails.
Yosemite closes key visitor areas as fire rages at edges
The heart of Yosemite National Park was closed on Wednesday as a fierce wildfire burning just to the west jumped fire lines overnight, pouring thick smoke into the valley and forcing visitors to pack up camp and flee.
Sarah Sanders on banning CNN reporter from event: ‘To be clear, we support a free press’
The White House defended banning a CNN correspondent from covering an open press event in the Rose Garden on Wednesday, pointing to the reporter’s alleged behavior when she asked President Trump questions in the Oval Office earlier in the day.

Christian News
Pastor in Nicaragua: 'We Fear War Could Erupt, Please Pray for Us'
Nicaragua was one of Latin America's most peaceful countries – not anymore. Now residents of this Central American nation fear their country is on the brink of civil war.
Turkey: American pastor on trial for terror let out of jail
An American pastor who had been jailed in Turkey for more than 1½ years on terror and espionage charges was released Wednesday and put under house arrest as his trial continues.

Letters to the Editor

Editor's Note
If you would like to submit a note to the editor, simply hit reply. Be sure to add your name and location!

We're looking for intercessors to pray for our ministry online and in Israel. If you're interested, please send an email to george [@] worthyemail.com.

If you'd like to get a copy of our family newsletter, please send george [@] worthyemail.com an email.

Friend, help spread WORTHY BRIEFS, now reaching 126 countries daily! Forward this brief to a friend!

IMPORTANT NOTE: To ensure delivery of your Worthy Brief please add worthynewsbrief [@] worthynetwork.com to your address book or approved senders list.

If you're having problems receiving your Worthy Brief, click here!

Follow Us on Facebook
Worthy News
Worthy Devotions

Follow Us on Twitter
Worthy News
Worthy Devotions

Support our Ministry
Friend, if our ministry has blessed you, consider supporting Worthy Network with a tax-deductible gift! You can give online OR send gifts to:

Worthy Ministries
106 Sheffield Place
Franklin, TN 37067-4437

Please include your email address in the memo section of your check or money order so we can keep in touch a bit easier than sending mail overseas.

This email was sent to <<Email Address>>

unsubscribe from this list | Update Subscription Preferences

Worthy News · 106 Sheffield Place · Franklin, TN 37067-4437 · USA