Sign in to follow this  
JW Answers

Is Jesus the Alpha and Omega?

The Jehovah's Witnesses claim that Jesus is not the Alpha and Omega, yet the Bible says He is.. what are your views?

Please watch my latest video on this subject... It is fundamental to know who The Lord Jesus of the Bible is...

Edited by Omegaman 3.0

If you want to see the video search YouTube for "Jehovah's Witnesses, Is Jesus the Alpha and Omega?" on the JW Answers channel

On 7/29/2018 at 6:54 PM, JW Answers said:

The Jehovah's Witnesses claim that Jesus is not the Alpha and Omega, yet the Bible says He is.. what are your views?

Please watch my latest video on this subject... It is fundamental to know who The Lord Jesus of the Bible is...

Edited by Omegaman 3.0

If you want to see the video search YouTube for "Jehovah's Witnesses, Is Jesus the Alpha and Omega?" on the JW Answers channel

Well i will go with the what the Holy Bible says each and every time.. Jesus in the Book of Revelation revealed that He was the Alpha and Omega..The First and the last.. The Almighty..

All the relevant information provided in the passage below.

Revelation 1: KJV

"8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. {9} I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. {10} I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, {11} Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. {12} And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; {13} And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. {14} His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; {15} And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. {16} And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength. {17} And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: {18} I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

I do not concern myself with cults... what they think is formed in lie and what fellowship has truth with lie?

John 14:6

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
KJV

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

Jesus is the Alpha and Omega: 

12 “Look, I am coming soon, bringing my reward with me to repay all people according to their deeds. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.”

14 Blessed are those who wash their robes. They will be permitted to enter through the gates of the city and eat the fruit from the tree of life. 15 Outside the city are the dogs—the sorcerers, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idol worshipers, and all who love to live a lie.

16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this message for the churches. I am both the source of David and the heir to his throne. I am the bright morning star.” (Revelation 22:12-16) 

“I am the Alpha and the Omega—the beginning and the end,”[e] says the Lord God. “I am the one who is, who always was, and who is still to come—the Almighty One.”12 When I turned to see who was speaking to me, I saw seven gold lampstands. 13 And standing in the middle of the lampstands was someone like the Son of Man. He was wearing a long robe with a gold sash across his chest. 14 His head and his hair were white like wool, as white as snow. And his eyes were like flames of fire. 15 His feet were like polished bronze refined in a furnace, and his voice thundered like mighty ocean waves. 16 He held seven stars in his right hand, and a sharp two-edged sword came from his mouth. And his face was like the sun in all its brilliance.17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as if I were dead. But he laid his right hand on me and said, “Don’t be afraid! I am the First and the Last (Alpha and Omega). 18 I am the living one. I died, but look—I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and the grave.” (Revelation 1:8, 12-18)

After six days Jesus took with him Peter, James and John the brother of James, and led them up a high mountain by themselves. There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light. Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus.” (Matthew 17:1-3). 

11 Then I saw heaven opened, and a white horse was standing there. Its rider was named Faithful and True, for he judges fairly and wages a righteous war. 12 His eyes were like flames of fire, and on his head were many crowns. A name was written on him that no one understood except himself.13 He wore a robe dipped in blood, and his title was the Word of God (John 1:1-17). 14 The armies of heaven, dressed in the finest of pure white linen, followed him on white horses. 15 From his mouth came a sharp sword to strike down the nations. He will rule them with an iron rod. He will release the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty, like juice flowing from a winepress. 16 On his robe at his thigh[a] was written this title: King of all kings and Lord of all lords.” (Revelation 19:11-16). 

It is evident Jesus is the Alpha and Omega, that Alpha and Omega is His Transfigured state. The description of Horse and Rider in Revelation 19:11-16 is same Revelation 1 and Matthew 17. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

From Revelation 22:13 of the JW New World Translation, 2013 Edition online....

I am the Alʹpha and the O·meʹga, the first and the last, the beginning and the end. 

And Revelation 2:8 from the JW's own New World Translation, 2013 edition online.....

“And to the angel of the congregation in Smyrʹna write: These are the things that he says, ‘the First and the Last,’ who became dead and came to life again:

So, the first and that last who became dead and then came to life again, who would that be?  

Edited by OldCoot
  • Thanks 1

On 7/30/2018 at 10:30 AM, Adstar said:

Well i will go with the what the Holy Bible says each and every time.. Jesus in the Book of Revelation revealed that He was the Alpha and Omega..The First and the last.. The Almighty..

All the relevant information provided in the passage below.

Revelation 1: KJV

"8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. {9} I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. {10} I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, {11} Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. {12} And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; {13} And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. {14} His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; {15} And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. {16} And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength. {17} And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: {18} I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."

Jesus ;love me this I know, for the Bible tells me so.

Jesus is the Alpha an Omega, this I know, for the Bible tells me so.

However those  titles go much deeper than we see on the surface.  As you know or should know, Alpha and Omega are the first and last letters in the Greek alphabet.  When we see opposites contrasted it is an idiom meaning everything in between also. This one is like our idiom everything between A and Z.

The first word in the Bible is not "in", it is "Beginning" and you know the last word in the Bible is "amen." In Revelation 3:14 Jesus is called the Beginning and the Amen.  So the idiom is telling us that Jesus is the beginning of the Bible and the end of the Bible and everything in between.

IMO this reinforces 2 Tim 3:16 --ALL Scripture is inspired by God...

Also, this is what Jesus told the men on the road to Emmaus. 

Lk 24:27 - And beginning with Moses and with all he prophets, He explained to them the things concerning Himself  in ALL the Scriptures.  Lk 24:44 - Now He said o them, "these are My words which I spoke o you while I was with you, that ALL hings which are written about Me in the Law of Moses the prophets and the Psalms(the 3 basic division of the OT) must be fulfilled.

Incidentally Emmaus means " in honest longing."  WE should all get on the road to Emmaus every day and hope Jesus meets us there and explains the Scriptures to us.

Love, peace and joy

On 7/29/2018 at 1:54 AM, JW Answers said:

Edited by Omegaman 3.0

No need for further contributions to this thread or topic, brothers and sisters. The OP came in with a Jehovah's Witness agenda, posted it, and exited the site. He or she was not interested in interaction with members, but to prostletize their erroneous doctrine. Worthy takes pot-shots all the time, and this person left the site the same day they joined.  

17 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

No need for further contributions to this thread or topic, brothers and sisters. The OP came in with a Jehovah's Witness agenda, posted it, and exited the site. He or she was not interested in interaction with members, but to prostletize their erroneous doctrine. Worthy takes pot-shots all the time, and this person left the site the same day they joined.  

That was also my first thought until I forced myself to view what he is saying in his you tube channel.  I am not sure what this person believes as he does not get into his personal theology, but he does speak against Jehovah Witness and Mormons.  Sadly, the OP does not make this clear in his title, username or anywhere else.  Has anyone else bothered to check him out?

1 minute ago, OneLight said:

That was also my first thought until I forced myself to view what he is saying in his you tube channel.  I am not sure what this person believes as he does not get into his personal theology, but he does speak against Jehovah Witness and Mormons.  Sadly, the OP does not make this clear in his title, username or anywhere else.  Has anyone else bothered to check him out?

This is true, brother. And no attempts for links were submitted by your advisement on Worthy's policies either. The JW in their avatar raised a few red flags, however. My tracking skills are a bit lacking. Sorry for my apparent suspicions. 

5 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

This is true, brother. And no attempts for links were submitted by your advisement on Worthy's policies either. The JW in their avatar raised a few red flags, however. My tracking skills are a bit lacking. Sorry for my apparent suspicions. 

I am sure we all thought the same things, derived from the OP's poor choice of username, title and post description.  This user would benefit much by considering what people actually see when they look at him.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Terral
      Greetings to All:

John the Baptist, Jesus Christ and the Twelve preached the “Gospel of the Kingdom” to Israel only throughout the Four Gospels and early Acts. Doctrinal precepts teaching the Gospel of the Kingdom include John’s Baptism “for the forgiveness of sins” (Mark 1:4, Acts 19:3), baptism “in the name of Jesus” (Acts 19:5), and laying hands for the “Holy Spirit” (Acts 19:6). God used the Gospel of the Kingdom to gather Kingdom Disciples to the Prophetic Kingdom “Bride” (John 3:29) to become a “royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession” (1Peter 2:9). Peter, John, James, Cornelius and everyone God called via the Gospel of the Kingdom 2000 years ago obtained salvation, while those rejecting God’s offering were hardened. As it is written [my notes]:

Israel’s “transgression” was committed by allowing John the Baptist to die in prison [strike 1) and then to demand Christ’s crucifixion (strike 2). The final strike came when the sons of Israel stoned Stephen using their own hands (Acts 7:54-60) committing the ultimate sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit (Matt. 12:30-32). God then raised Paul up on the road to Damascus (Acts 9:10-19) to give him the “Gospel of the Grace of God” (Acts 20:24-27) via a “revelation of Jesus Christ” (Gal. 1:11-12). Scripture says:

God is currently calling members of “Christ’s Body” (1Cor. 12:27, Eph. 4:12, Col. 1:24, etc.) using the Gospel of the Grace of God that Paul characterizes as the “gospel to the uncircumcised,” as opposed to Peter’s gospel “to the circumcised” (Gal. 2:7) from the same verse. Today we are saved by God’s grace through faith apart from works (Eph. 2:8-10) part of the Gospel of the Kingdom that include water baptism by a human being and laying of hands to receive the Holy Spirit.

Do you see the differences between the Gospel of the Kingdom and our Gospel of the Grace of God for today? Good luck in the debate. Terral
    • By Kenzie
      Hi, I’m here again lol. Thanks for all of you who have helped me through my crisis a couple weeks ago. QUESTION:  How do I deal with my family who discriminates  against me because i am darker. Now, I am vulnerable with this topic. I don’t know how racially diverse worthy is, (doesn’t matter) but I don’t know if any of you would understand what I am saying or relate. I am grateful for any advice. Like some of you know, my family is not supportive of my mental health. I can not tell them my issues. So I come here. I am very grateful for all of you, truly! 
      Anyway, I’m a black young women (17). For all of you who don’t know what colorism is. It is “prejudice or discrimination against individuals with a dark skin tone, typically among people of the same ethnic or racial group”.
      Colorism is a huge problem in the black community. In my experience, among some people I know and in society, dark skin is looked down upon. 
      The thing is, colorism is a topic that makes people uncomfortable. I think because no one wants to admit that it exist. And because they may be colorist aswell.
      So here’s my problem, my immediate family is very colorist. This started with my mother who is of darker skin. Now, both my parents are black but my father is lighter skin. His complexion is more like George Lopez, while my moms is like Naomi Campbell. I have 5 sibling. My older brother and myself take after our moms complexion and my younger sister and younger 2 brothers take after my dads.
      Well you would think that my mother would not have a problem with having darker kids but she does. She projects her self hatred onto me. She has been verbally (& physically) abusive to me since I was 8. Whenever she wants to insult me, she targets my skintone, which is the same as hers, and also my hair and weight. 
      She has uplifted my siblings as better and more beautiful than me because of their lighter skin. She makes comments indirectly about their hair and skin as being better than mine. It hurts. It hurts because she has brainwashed this to them, making them believe that they are better than darker people like myself. It hurts because i am singled out and this has been going since I was a young child . My mom is a narcissist so she really won’t accept blame. We have a looooonnngg history of just craziness. We have been doing better, but we never got along. I was always to blame. But that’s besides the point really. 
      I have never struggled with accepting my skin; (blessing), but my low self esteem was because of my weight and I just think I am ugly. I recently realized that what is going on in my family is NOT okay! I have talked to my parents about this and how satan wants to divide our people. And colorism is a trick he uses. While they accept what I’m saying, they continue to make these comments. I am gaslighted all the time about  being over sensitive when I get upset. 
      For example, the reason I am writing this is because 10 minutes ago we were having family time and I told my dad that his comment about my brothers girlfriend was disrespectful and colorist. Of course he denied it. But then my sister jumped in and began to scold me. BTW, she is VERY vain and thinks that she is better because she is lighter. She doesn’t understand the struggles dark skin women face. My sister thinks she is prettier than me because of her skin. And for the comments people make about her being prettier than me because she is lighter. 
      I’m sorry that this is so long. It is just that I’m very sad rn and feel less than. As much as I try to stay strong, their comments get to me and sometimes I question myself. I have always took pride in my skin but other areas I struggle (body). I hate when people are sad. Especially when other little darker girls hate their skin because of colorism and society. For example, my younger cousin who is 4 believes she would be prettier if she had light skin. It happens in the black community a lot. The media influence has a lot to do with it aswell as the whole slavery stuff. But I want to be an activist and a lawyer one day. And tackle problems like this. I know colorism is also a problem in India and south Asian counties.  Anyway, if you made it this far God bless you lol 😂! Any advice is needed. Please pray that I can strive forward, I just feel drained and forgotten . I’m trying to do better and listen to god... but I admit I am struggling. Thank you, love all of you !💕
    • By Kenzie
      What is your favorite verse? Why do you like that verse and are there verses you go to in time of need? Just curious  
    • By Behold
      Here is how to understand the "curse of the Law" and HOW God resolved and eliminated this curse from you.
      God, as Christ...... came here, to fulfill the Law so that we are no longer "cursed" by it.
      And what is this "curse"?  The curse, is that the Law/Commandments can't give you Righteousness.  This is why God said he "found fault" with the 1st Covenant. (Torah)   Hebrews 8:7.
      In other words, the law and commandments, (Torah) (Old Testament) can't give you what God requires you to have, so that He can accept you and save you.  (born again).
      He "found fault" with the Torah, with the Law, with the Commandments. Hebrews 8:7   This is the 1st Covenant. (Torah) (Old Testament)   So, He created the NEW Covenant, the NEW TESTAMENT, as the solution for this "fault" that He recognized as the "Law" "commandments" (Torah) (Old Testament)
      So, what is the eternal issue?  What is the "fault", what is the FAILURE of the TORAH, (old testament)  the Commandments, and the Law?  Why did God have to replace them with Himself on a Cross, to offer GRACE in place of works and law and commandments?
      The reason is.....all the Law can do, all the commandments can do, is JUDGE YOU.   That is what they do.  That is all they can do.    See, the reason you and me and everyone born, is a SINNER, is because the LAW and Commandments, have pronounced us to be failures at keeping them....= TRANSGRESSORS of the Law and Commandments....= YOU ARE A SINNER, as defined by the LAW and COMMANDMENTS, that you have broken.  "all have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God".....SAYS THE LAW.......SAYS THE COMMANDMENTS.
      So, that is all the law and commandments can do .....is JUDGE YOU.   So, God "found fault" with this, (Torah) (Law),...Hebrews 8:7   = because you can't be given righteousness by them....So, God created a new Eternal contract with you, that He offers as "the gift of righteousness" , that frees you from the "curse of the law" that has perfectly defined you as a SINNER.   So, to do this, He had to create and did create,  a New Covenant.   God's covenants are BLOOD based.  Sacrifice Based.    As in the Old, you had animal sacrifices, and in the New Covenant you have JESUS"S BLOOD that establishes the NEW TESTAMENT, or New Covenant.   So, this New Testament, is God's 2nd and NEW Covenant that He offers as a REDEMPTION FROM the 1st Covenant, (law and commandments)(old testament)(Torah) that JUDGED you all your life as a sinner.   So, the NEW Covenant, the NEW Testament, is Jesus shedding blood and dying, to release you and to eternally free you forever from the Law  that was judging you as a sinner.
      Jesus Himself took this judgment due YOU, required by the Law,  and died in your place for it.  And because He did this on the Cross, God is able to take THAT FINISHED Redemption, and offer it as the " GIFT of RIGHTEOUSNESS" that replaces the Law, The old testament, 1st Covenant, Torah....... and establishes you as "the righteousness of Christ".....= This is God's SALVATION... Its a Blood Atonement that eliminates the Law's ability to judge you as a sinner, and establishes you AS a "new creation". "IN Christ"... as "born again" into God's family... = As the "righteousness of Christ".    You have been changed if you are born again.  You are now "in Christ", and no longer under the Law, IF you are Born again.
      Redemption, Salvation, = is the Grace of God....Its the mercy of God, where He himself, as Christ, has resolved this issue of the Law being able to judge you as a SINNER.   He has removed this JUDGEMENT..  And in its place is the New Covenant<>New Testament. = The GRACE OF GOD.  "Justification BY Faith".  "The GIFT of Righteousness".
      The "Gospel" is defining HOW He did this......  And "Grace thru faith, without the law, without works", is the Method and REASON.   Literally.
      So, when we say a person is "saved"....they are saved from "the curse of the law" that was defining them as a SINNER.  And they are also saved from HELL, where they were going, because the Law and Commandments had judged them worthy to go there.
      God's Grace has resolved ALL of  this, and this is the Eternal effect of the  Blood Atonement, that is applied to a BELIEVER,  by God, thru FAITH =  when you "believe in Jesus". And are BORN AGAIN.
    • By Rivers
      Gonna keep it short: Me and my family was invited to church after some things happened that led us to have a pastor pray for me anyways once they invited us to church we go the following service and I get convicted and start to cry and apologize for sins that I have done and while I was crying or rite when I stopped crying I felt like warm and a perfect peace inside of me and felt weightless like I was floating, i was just wondering if this was for sure the holy ghost? I didnt speak in tounges when it happened I have recently but not until 7 years later that I spoke in tongues. So what do I call this experience ? Thanks for reading any comments are appreciated. God bless.