JW Answers

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

The Jehovah's Witnesses claim that Jesus is not the Alpha and Omega, yet the Bible says He is.. what are your views?

Please watch my latest video on this subject... It is fundamental to know who The Lord Jesus of the Bible is...

Edited by Omegaman 3.0

If you want to see the video search YouTube for "Jehovah's Witnesses, Is Jesus the Alpha and Omega?" on the JW Answers channel

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,790
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I do not concern myself with cults... what they think is formed in lie and what fellowship has truth with lie?

John 14:6

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
KJV

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  15

Jesus is the Alpha and Omega: 

12 “Look, I am coming soon, bringing my reward with me to repay all people according to their deeds. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.”

14 Blessed are those who wash their robes. They will be permitted to enter through the gates of the city and eat the fruit from the tree of life. 15 Outside the city are the dogs—the sorcerers, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idol worshipers, and all who love to live a lie.

16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this message for the churches. I am both the source of David and the heir to his throne. I am the bright morning star.” (Revelation 22:12-16) 

“I am the Alpha and the Omega—the beginning and the end,”[e] says the Lord God. “I am the one who is, who always was, and who is still to come—the Almighty One.”12 When I turned to see who was speaking to me, I saw seven gold lampstands. 13 And standing in the middle of the lampstands was someone like the Son of Man. He was wearing a long robe with a gold sash across his chest. 14 His head and his hair were white like wool, as white as snow. And his eyes were like flames of fire. 15 His feet were like polished bronze refined in a furnace, and his voice thundered like mighty ocean waves. 16 He held seven stars in his right hand, and a sharp two-edged sword came from his mouth. And his face was like the sun in all its brilliance.17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as if I were dead. But he laid his right hand on me and said, “Don’t be afraid! I am the First and the Last (Alpha and Omega). 18 I am the living one. I died, but look—I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and the grave.” (Revelation 1:8, 12-18)

After six days Jesus took with him Peter, James and John the brother of James, and led them up a high mountain by themselves. There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light. Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus.” (Matthew 17:1-3). 

11 Then I saw heaven opened, and a white horse was standing there. Its rider was named Faithful and True, for he judges fairly and wages a righteous war. 12 His eyes were like flames of fire, and on his head were many crowns. A name was written on him that no one understood except himself.13 He wore a robe dipped in blood, and his title was the Word of God (John 1:1-17). 14 The armies of heaven, dressed in the finest of pure white linen, followed him on white horses. 15 From his mouth came a sharp sword to strike down the nations. He will rule them with an iron rod. He will release the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty, like juice flowing from a winepress. 16 On his robe at his thigh[a] was written this title: King of all kings and Lord of all lords.” (Revelation 19:11-16). 

It is evident Jesus is the Alpha and Omega, that Alpha and Omega is His Transfigured state. The description of Horse and Rider in Revelation 19:11-16 is same Revelation 1 and Matthew 17. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

From Revelation 22:13 of the JW New World Translation, 2013 Edition online....

I am the Alʹpha and the O·meʹga, the first and the last, the beginning and the end. 

And Revelation 2:8 from the JW's own New World Translation, 2013 edition online.....

“And to the angel of the congregation in Smyrʹna write: These are the things that he says, ‘the First and the Last,’ who became dead and came to life again:

So, the first and that last who became dead and then came to life again, who would that be?  

Edited by OldCoot
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

On 7/30/2018 at 10:30 AM, Adstar said:

Well i will go with the what the Holy Bible says each and every time.. Jesus in the Book of Revelation revealed that He was the Alpha and Omega..The First and the last.. The Almighty..

All the relevant information provided in the passage below.

Revelation 1: KJV

"8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. {9} I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. {10} I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, {11} Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. {12} And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; {13} And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. {14} His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; {15} And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. {16} And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength. {17} And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: {18} I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."

Jesus ;love me this I know, for the Bible tells me so.

Jesus is the Alpha an Omega, this I know, for the Bible tells me so.

However those  titles go much deeper than we see on the surface.  As you know or should know, Alpha and Omega are the first and last letters in the Greek alphabet.  When we see opposites contrasted it is an idiom meaning everything in between also. This one is like our idiom everything between A and Z.

The first word in the Bible is not "in", it is "Beginning" and you know the last word in the Bible is "amen." In Revelation 3:14 Jesus is called the Beginning and the Amen.  So the idiom is telling us that Jesus is the beginning of the Bible and the end of the Bible and everything in between.

IMO this reinforces 2 Tim 3:16 --ALL Scripture is inspired by God...

Also, this is what Jesus told the men on the road to Emmaus. 

Lk 24:27 - And beginning with Moses and with all he prophets, He explained to them the things concerning Himself  in ALL the Scriptures.  Lk 24:44 - Now He said o them, "these are My words which I spoke o you while I was with you, that ALL hings which are written about Me in the Law of Moses the prophets and the Psalms(the 3 basic division of the OT) must be fulfilled.

Incidentally Emmaus means " in honest longing."  WE should all get on the road to Emmaus every day and hope Jesus meets us there and explains the Scriptures to us.

Love, peace and joy

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 7/29/2018 at 1:54 AM, JW Answers said:

The Jehovah's Witnesses claim that Jesus is not the Alpha and Omega, yet the Bible says He is.. what are your views?

Please watch my latest video on this subject... It is fundamental to know who The Lord Jesus of the Bible is...

Edited by Omegaman 3.0

If you want to see the video search YouTube for "Jehovah's Witnesses, Is Jesus the Alpha and Omega?" on the JW Answers channel

No need for further contributions to this thread or topic, brothers and sisters. The OP came in with a Jehovah's Witness agenda, posted it, and exited the site. He or she was not interested in interaction with members, but to prostletize their erroneous doctrine. Worthy takes pot-shots all the time, and this person left the site the same day they joined.  

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

17 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

No need for further contributions to this thread or topic, brothers and sisters. The OP came in with a Jehovah's Witness agenda, posted it, and exited the site. He or she was not interested in interaction with members, but to prostletize their erroneous doctrine. Worthy takes pot-shots all the time, and this person left the site the same day they joined.  

That was also my first thought until I forced myself to view what he is saying in his you tube channel.  I am not sure what this person believes as he does not get into his personal theology, but he does speak against Jehovah Witness and Mormons.  Sadly, the OP does not make this clear in his title, username or anywhere else.  Has anyone else bothered to check him out?

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 minute ago, OneLight said:

That was also my first thought until I forced myself to view what he is saying in his you tube channel.  I am not sure what this person believes as he does not get into his personal theology, but he does speak against Jehovah Witness and Mormons.  Sadly, the OP does not make this clear in his title, username or anywhere else.  Has anyone else bothered to check him out?

This is true, brother. And no attempts for links were submitted by your advisement on Worthy's policies either. The JW in their avatar raised a few red flags, however. My tracking skills are a bit lacking. Sorry for my apparent suspicions. 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

5 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

This is true, brother. And no attempts for links were submitted by your advisement on Worthy's policies either. The JW in their avatar raised a few red flags, however. My tracking skills are a bit lacking. Sorry for my apparent suspicions. 

I am sure we all thought the same things, derived from the OP's poor choice of username, title and post description.  This user would benefit much by considering what people actually see when they look at him.