Hello, I would like to continue a topic I had on the welcome forum.

I would like to continue conversation by asking what evidence you have for god's existence?

Hi, FF. I was an atheist for many years. Welcome.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

My changed life is all the evidence I need.My daughters changed life is further evidence.An internal change that only God can produce.I pray you understand this before you die.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, FrequentFlyer said:

I would like to continue conversation by asking what evidence you have for god's existence?

Hello FrequentFlyer, Everything I see, everything I hear, all the experiences that my physical senses detect, all the thoughts I am able to conceive, real and imagined, God's Truth as given to us in the Bible, how we each are all so different, yet are actually versions of each other and the potential of being human, the laws of nature, the relationships between all things that exist, the absolutely mind boggling orchestration of everything that happens, these are just a few of the things that are, for me, overwhelming evidence of God. These are just a few of the things from which faith becomes real experience.

As an unbeliever, to describe all the above, you would need to know philosophy, chemistry, geology, biology, zoology, physics, Quantum Mechanics, mathematics and the collective intellectual knowledge of mankind, and still you would have no clear cut evidence of why all that exists actually does exists. Plenty of theories for sure, but no real mainstream one answer fits all evidence. So the secular world has all its beliefs, conjectures, speculations, and sciences, all too often in opposition to one another in the journey to arrive at a theory of everything, and much of the information that comprises each of the disciplines above constantly change as new ideas and discoveries are added to the database of that collective knowledge, and still mankind is no closer to the ultimate truth that at any previous time. 

For believers it is much simpler. We have God. Period, end of story! 

I know, this makes no sense to an unbeliever, but, hey, you did ask!!! :rolleyes:

Cheers FrequentFlyer!!! :amen:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

We take God by faith but I will mention Bible prophecy to you.   Many prophecies in the Bible were fulfilled by Jesus Christ such as telling where the Messiah would be born, Bethlehem, Micah 5:2.

Once you are a believer you also have a witness in yourself.   I have also had some miraculous occurrences happen.  We don't base our faith on occurrences or feelings however.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, FrequentFlyer said:

Well, it depends on what you are willing to accept as evidence.   We have evidence, but those unwilling to entertain or fairly consider evidence we can present, make it difficult to have a decent conversation about the evidence.

I say all of that because in the past, we have had Atheists who purposely hold us to an unreasonable standard of evidence they know we cannot produce and then pretend that we have no evidence at all.   It is an unreasonable approach and frankly, not one that is a profitable use of our time.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, FrequentFlyer said:

Have you ever looked around you? Seriously. We get used to it because it's what we've known since our brain was trying to interpret light. But is is an amazing thing.

Also, in my case I have four bonafide miracles, two of them healings. But they are not for you. They are for me. For you they are just hearsay.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

30 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Well, it depends on what you are willing to accept as evidence.   We have evidence, but those unwilling to entertain or fairly consider evidence we can present, make it difficult to have a decent conversation about the evidence.

I say all of that because in the past, we have had Atheists who purposely demand a unreasonable standard of evidence they know we cannot produce and then pretend that we have no evidence at all.   It is an unreasonable approach and frankly, not one that is a profitable use of our time.

It is an unreasonable approach and frankly, not one that is a profitable use of our time?

How can you make that statement Shiloh357? So, according to you there's no point in engaging atheists in a hope they will come to recognize the truth?

Please, when you make such judgments, claim them as your own opinion, rather than appearing to speak for the rest of us.

Thank you!

Cheers!!! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, RockyMidnight said:

It is an unreasonable approach and frankly, not one that is a profitable use of our time?

How can you make that statement Shiloh357? So, according to you there's no point in engaging atheists in a hope they will come to recognize the truth?

Please, when you make such judgments, claim them as your own opinion, rather than appearing to speak for the rest of us.

Thank you!

Read what  I said.  I am saying that if they are going to hold us to standard of evidence that they know we cannot present and have already decided that they will reject the evidence we can provide, then it is unprofitable and frankly it is a useless and pointless conversation.  It's the truth.

It's a game that Atheists like to play where they sit back while we frantically search high and low for evidence, only for them to simply brush it aside without a moments consideration.   It's entertaining to them.   And it makes fools of us.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Read what  I said.  I am saying that if they are going to hold us to standard of evidence that they know we cannot present and have already decided that they will reject the evidence we can provide, then it is unprofitable and frankly it is a useless and pointless conversation.  It's the truth.

It's a game that Atheists like to play where they sit back while we frantically search high and low for evidence, only for them to simply brush it aside without a moments consideration.   It's entertaining to them.   And it makes fools of us.

I did read what you said. What I'm questioning is your blanket statement of what motivates an atheist as trying to waste our time and make us look foolish. You claim it's the truth. If it's the truth, then why did God allow Paul top go to the Gentiles to convert them? If it's such a waste of time, then how did all of us who are not Jewish become Christians in the first place?

And if it is such a waste of YOUR time, why bother posting here in the first place?

Please, no need to reply. I will not participate in an argument over this. I allow you your space to have the discussions you chose, so please allow the same cutesy to those of us who chose to participate in this topic.

Peace Pastor!

Edited by RockyMidnight