• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

10 minutes ago, RRep said:

i never entered a contract with Jesus he offered me a free gift of salvation 

You receive this free gift by repenting your past sins and accepting Jesus as your Savior, then live by faith and trust in Him always.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  178
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

1 minute ago, Cletus said:

No, because i know what repentance is. 

repentance is to have a change of mind

1 minute ago, John_Leung said:

You receive this free gift by repenting your past sins and accepting Jesus as your Savior, then live by faith and trust in Him always.

still not a contrct yes I changed my mind and believed. show me in scripture "repenting your past sins"

2 minutes ago, Cletus said:

What did he tell the woman caught in the act of adutlery when those men wanted to stone her?  to changer her mind???  nope.. He said go and sin no more.

and what about the woman at the well??  change your mind nope?  what did the apostles tell the sorcerer?  change his mind nope... REPENT.

Repentance is not a one time thing.  its a way of life.  eternal life is not just about duration of time... but how you live.  God said to be holy as He Is HOLY.  galatians chapter 5 says to walk in the spirit and we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. 

God dont make deals or contracts.  He gives commands and you either obey and live or you rebel and perish. 

go back and read how god gave the 10 command moses when down the mountain and asked if the stiff necked people would agree to the laws.

" God said to be holy as He Is HOLY."  Jesus cloaks me on His holiness lol

"What did he tell the woman caught in the act of adutlery when those men wanted to stone her?  to changer her mind???  nope.. He said go and sin no more"   Of cource Jesus said that, He is God and she was under the law contract. After HIS Resurrection the law is done away with for the believers.

"Repentance is not a one time thing.  its a way of life.  eternal life is not just about duration of time... but how you live.  God said to be holy as He Is HOLY.  galatians chapter 5 says to walk in the spirit and we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh." How well is that working for you? do you want crowns for your good works of keeping the laws.

6 minutes ago, Cletus said:

Luke 13:3 - I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Acts 3:19 - Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

1 John 1:9 - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Acts 17:30 - And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Proverbs 28:13 - He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh [them] shall have mercy.

Its not just past sins... its sins you sin here and now. 

what do these scriptures say about sin and what happens when you do not repent?john

provebs writen while under conract

luke 13 3  just sub repent for change your minds

Act 3 19   just sub repent for change your minds

1 john 1 9  if you want to ingage in a contract with Jesus about confessing your sin all the time have at it.

2 minutes ago, Cletus said:

there is no contract.  and there never was.  even in the OT people were justified by faith.  but those people did not live in sin.  todays covenant tells us to have faith in Jesus and to repent to receive salvation.  By faith in Jesus we can overcome sin. 

Hows your study on the word repent coming along?

no a goat was sacrificed and it blood sprinkled on the mercy seat (on the ark of the covenant(contract)God would come down in a pillar of smoke take the blood and a second goat had priest hands put on the head and they confessed all the sins of the Israelites for that year and a man of good repore lead the goat out into the desert to die (the scapegoat) the guy would have to wash his hands and so on and so forth.

Repent= metanoó change my mind

Repentance=metánoia penance, penitence, contrition

Repentant =metanioménos  penitent

Repented= metanoíthikan

3 minutes ago, Cletus said:

Hebrews 10:4  For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins 

If someone does not repent, when they feel their toenails start to curl up from the heat of hell fire it will be to late to... "change your mind"

yeah sure there sacrifices covered sin until Christ finished the contract-fulfilling it. 

change your mind and believe in Christ death burial and resurrection. you shall be saved 

8 minutes ago, Cletus said:

what is your purpose for starting a thread asking to be shown in the bible what the gospel is, and when shown, given a multitude of scriptures you are rejecting these scriptures?  All scripture is God breathed.  and you deny it.  you are calling God a liar.  you are justifying yourself, and your sin.  You have been shown many scriptures that say to repent of your sins, to turn from sins.  It seems to me when you started this thread you already had your mind made up and you just wanted to justify yourself, and not apply Gods word to your life.  Do you think God will listen to you justify yourself on judgement day?  He wont.  And He really dont like it when His creation tries to say they know better than Him or tell Him whats what.  You try and say this to His face and you will be filled with so much awe and fear you wont be able to speak on word. 

I am not worried about my sin it is forgiven brother on the fact that I BELIEVE ALONE on His death burial and resurrection. I will go straight to heaven because I know I am forgiven. unbelief has always been the block that makes people self-righteous. why was Noah found righteous? Seth was righteous, Adam was righteous he seen Jesus walking with him? Adam believed Adam and Eve did not contract with Jesus god in the flesh.David was righteous he believed.  I am going to praise Jesus at the Bema seat of Christ for This sacrifice and resurrection prooving Godhood to me. So I worship Him. Anyone with free will is going to Sin. freewill is not perfection. are you getting it yet?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

19 hours ago, RRep said:

where is the Gospel found in scripture?

what does Gospel mean?

The gospels are in Matthew, Mark, Luke & John.

The gospel is the announcement of the Kingdom of God.  It is a land of peace and righteousness, a spiritual place of rest for our troubled souls.  A sanctuary that gives truth and comforts.  This is the good news.

The world does not know that this Kingdom of God exists, therefore has to be told.

The gospel is an invitation for all to come out of the kingdom of this world (Babylon) which.... is run by the father of lies, and to dwell in God's kingdom (Zion), which is run by Christ.  No man can come into God's kingdom unless he goes through Christ who is "the Word of God".  Christ is the door and he is the only one that can take us out of our captivity, and lead us into his heavenly kingdom if we listen and do what he says.

Whether one believes or not in God's kingdom, God has given all a chance to hear the kingdom of God declared.  This is for a witness only so that we cannot say to Christ "We never heard", or "you didn't invite me".  When this gospel is preached throughout the earth, the end will come. 

All get a chance to accept or reject the invitation.

Matthew 24:14   And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

The word “gospel” in the new testament literally means “good news” or “good message”. There is peace with God and forgiveness available to all who will except it. The gospel (good news) announced by Jesus is that there is peace with God and forgiveness available to all who will except it. That Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. The peace with God means to be reconciled back to God. A restoration of our relationship with God.

The first four books in the bible; Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John are called the gospel books because the focus is on the message of Jesus. Those books are the testimony that God has provided a way of salvation for all through his son. Jesus died on the cross in our place as the perfect sacrifice, and he overcame death and rose up from the dead. This is “good news” for us because of what Jesus has done for us on the cross is a gift to us from God. All that is required of us to receive this gospel is to believe what God has said about the way to him. It is that simple. Just simply believe the gospel (the good news that has been shared about Christ to each one of us). God chose belief as the way to him. We can't come to him any other way.

• Thumbs Up 1