Debp

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,270
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Remember the old saying that there are no atheists in foxholes?   It's quite amazing but when people who claim to be atheists get into a sudden, perhaps it will be deadly situation or accident....they always call out to God.   It's like an involuntary reflex that they cannot control.

Also, another thing interesting about atheists...if they don't believe there is a God, then why do they fight so hard against Him?

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Debp said:

Remember the old saying that there are no atheists in foxholes?   It's quite amazing but when people who claim to be atheists get into a sudden, perhaps it will be deadly situation or accident....they always call out to God.   It's like an involuntary reflex that they cannot control.

Also, another thing interesting about atheists...if they don't believe there is a God, then why do they fight so hard against Him?

They are just practicing for the future..................

Romans 14:11

11 For it is written:

“As I live, says the Lord,
Every knee shall bow to Me,
And every tongue shall confess to God.”

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,441
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

This is just my personal view that I can't support from scripture. But I believe deep inside every soul, every human being instinctively knows there is a supreme being, a creator and a God (the heavens declare the Glory of God). I believe one of the reasons for professed non belief is that they do not like or want to be accountable for there sin, life and actions (there are no absolute truths, your morals are not my morals). They don't want to think about or reason the; who, what, when, where and why's of why we are here. The questions I think all humanity asks themselves at one point in their lives at least. 

Some even go so far as to think of themselves in humanistic terms that they are their own little god's. If there is a God, He didn't do a good enough job with His creation. Thereby we ourselves can do much better through the use of technology, robotics, computers, DNA tampering, nano robotics, artificial intelligence and down loading and improving ourselves into 'something' for eternal existence. They may believe in God but they deny the power thereof. 

Talking strictly from a secular view point and what I think, I think those whom believe there is a God don't bother to repent and search Him out and become saved for a number of reasons, to their detriment. Perhaps there's many like I was, "I fully intend to getting around to it one of these days, but just not right now." 

"There are no atheists in a fox hole." As a Vietnam combat veteran that faced many perilous situations, I can attest I never heard any swearing or using the Lord's name flippantly during life threatening situations. But almost immediately thereafter when the threat had gone, many continued to use the Lord's name flippantly and back to their old ways. I believe it is ingrained into our conscience that the Lord has given us, that we automatically turn the switch for His help just as soon as we potentially face eternity, or "after" we have taken our last breath, our last heartbeat. Then it's too late.

But yeah, I can't contradict that statement.

• Loved it! 2

7 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

"There are no atheists in a fox hole." As a Vietnam combat veteran that faced many perilous situations, I can attest I never heard any swearing or using the Lord's name flippantly during life threatening situations. But almost immediately thereafter when the threat had gone, many continued to use the Lord's name flippantly and back to their old ways. I believe it is ingrained into our conscience that the Lord has given us, that we automatically turn the switch for His help just as soon as we potentially face eternity, or "after" we have taken our last breath, our last heartbeat. Then it's too late

Thank you for your service, Dennis............
What yrs tour?

Gary Lee
In Him Who is Semper Fidelis

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,441
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

5 minutes ago, Gary Lee said:

Thank you for your service, Dennis............
What yrs tour?

Gary Lee
In Him Who is Semper Fidelis

Thank you. I didn't intend to draw any attention to myself. I strive to give all praise, honor and glory to our Lord. 

I was a crew member / machine gunner serving with the 117th Assault Helicopter Company (Sidewinders), RVN, 1971 - 1972 

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

Thank you. I didn't intend to draw any attention to myself. I strive to give all praise, honor and glory to our Lord. 

I was a crew member / machine gunner serving with the 117th Assault Helicopter Company (Sidewinders), RVN, 1971 - 1972 

Understood. Concerning atheist, our outfit was no different, religious during incoming, heathen during beer call.
1st Armored Amphibious Co. VN.  66-68,  I Corps       God was/is merciful............and Always Faithful
ps  Have noticed people confronted on catastrophe videos, the most common exclamation (even villains) is  "OH my GOD!"

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,270
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

2 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Thank you Dennis for your service!  My uncle Leo was in the Viet Nam War, too.

42 minutes ago, Gary Lee said:

Understood. Concerning atheist, our outfit was no different, religious during incoming, heathen during beer call.
1st Armored Amphibious Co. VN.  66-68,  I Corps       God was/is merciful............and Always Faithful
ps  Have noticed people confronted on catastrophe videos, the most common exclamation (even villains) is  "OH my GOD!"

Gary, thank you also for your service!

P.S. Sometimes when people call out to God like that, they do come to know Him miraculously.

Edited by Debp
Added P.S.
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

GOD DOES NOT BELIEVE IN ATHEISTS

THEREFORE