Debp

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,009
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,202
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

A Michigan man has been hospitalized after his albino pet Cobra bit him.    Just 20 minutes after the bite, he started to vomit.   He was rushed to the hospital and later airlifted to another hospital after he stopped breathing.   The venom had affected his respiratory system.

Antivenom was received from a zoo in Ohio but did little to help the man.   Then they requested other antivenom from Florida.

There are no updates currently on the 26 year old man.

Speaking of albino Cobras: Several years ago in a neighborhood near Los Angeles, people started to see an albino Cobra on their street!   It would quickly slither away and disappear.   People were on edge because of the venomous snake being loose.   I think it took about a week to finally find the snake...authorities were actively searching for it.   I recall it was found in a wood pile...someone had seen it go there.

Then more recently, on the same street, authorities found multitudes of snakes in one house!   That solved the mystery of where the albino Cobra came from!

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

And there goes one item off my bucket list. 

Just kidding. Like I would own a venomous snake.

• Haha 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,009
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,202
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

10 hours ago, ayin jade said:

And there goes one item off my bucket list. 

Just kidding. Like I would own a venomous snake.

I don't even want a tiny non-venonmous snake!   A distant female relative in Phoenix had a boa constrictor...I guess it was getting big.  She wanted to sell it but ended up having to give it away including the glass enclosure.

5 hours ago, Cletus said:

I read in a news report they gave him 20 vials of antivenom.  dont know if thats current or old news.  I did a little reading about this snake and more than likely it was a Monocled cobra.  the venom is both neurotoxic and cytotoxic(if in fact it is this cobra not 100% on that just a guess). But Its one of Thailand's more deadly snakes, and even a small injection can be lethal.  if the guy is still alive its only by God keeping him that way.  

Yes, it was a Monocled Cobra.  It bit him near his ankle.  Somehow after he was bit, he managed to get it back in it's enclosure.  I think someone helped him with it.

Yes, it's a miracle he is alive....