IGNORED

Those on the edge

I am fascinated at the people who hover around a church doing excellent jobs for people but never taking that step to be a believer and come to services. 

Nice goodhearted folk. They will sort electrics, cut the grass. Help so much. Yet upon gentle questioning will say they are not believers. 

How near yet so far from salvation! What can be done? What can i do? I want to do what is right in God's eyes. 

Edited by Melinda12

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/2/2018 at 7:58 AM, Melinda12 said:

How near yet so far from salvation! What can be done? What can i do? I want to do what is right in God's eyes. 

Share the good news gospels with them?

Hebrews 11:6

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

• This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,561
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 8/2/2018 at 7:58 AM, Melinda12 said:

I am fascinated at the people who hover around a church doing excellent jobs for people but never taking that step to be a believer and come to services. 

Nice goodhearted folk. They will sort electrics, cut the grass. Help so much. Yet upon gentle questioning will say they are not believers. 

Hi,

First Steps?  What steps are those? Perhaps I have missed something I need to know.

In general but specifically, I suggest for consideration what I presently think:

Perhaps there is  an error within tactics if  there is too much  gentle questioning and not even direct testimony shared. First (each of us the saints in Christ Jesus) must come to  know well of our own standing before God! Ask of ourself first; knowing the answer will provide the way to sharing of Jesus with the unsaved, even the hirelings that may hide among the  sons of God (whether they know they are hiding or not).

If each of the saints know their  own testimony, they can be a strong witness, and once able to share our own testimony, we can and should ask  of the hiring, what is your own experience of the Holy Spirit's turning you about from your rebellion against God  to your worship of Jesus as your own peronal savior lord and God? Mine is this ..... I'd love to hear yours, because our testimonies are such a joy to our Lord and encouragement to me!

Without awareness of our experience of conversion, of being turned about from our rebellion against god to worship of Jesus as Lord God and peronal savior we have need to examoine ourselves to see first if we are truly aware and saved, born again. if not we need ask of God show me show me Jesus by whom all that is has beencreated, please show me that I may be saved too. Do not let me e lost in my own good works and yet failing in faith that saves, the faith of Jesus at the cross where His blood was shed to cover my sin that I may be found acceptable in the sight of God the Father through the turning about by the holy pirit that I may see know and worship Jesus my creator.

Be kind but not so subtle as to allow a hireling to not know of himself. Do not let any person hide from themselves, be bold in that errand polite but bold.

Edited by Neighbor
grammer corrections
  • Loved it! 1