• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/20/1972

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

To be in a public arena the public must be privy to it's presence … wouldn't you agree?   You are actually exercising a private thing while your body is in a public place... and adherence to what I repeated from God is the s/Spiritual acquiesce of obedience. The key being public arena where all things of public are being experienced by public :) May I ask you this question while you do this do you understand what you are saying? 

Then, it was my miss-understanding as we have slightly different interpretations of "public arena" To answer your question,, no, when I pray in tongues my brain does not know what I am saying, but my spirit does, and that is good enough for me. I have asked God for a personal interpretation in the past, and he has given it. But most of the time I just "let-er rip" knowing that I am speaking the mysteries of God, and building up my faith.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  09/20/1972

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

makes you wonder if it is of God then doesn't it?

Just because people argue it does not mean its not of God. Speaking in tongues in very powerful, and the devil will fight it. If it was not of God, Paul would not have boasted how glad he was that he spoke in tongues more than everyone!

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

7 hours ago, enoob57 said:

makes you wonder if it is of God then doesn't it?

Be on guard world wise man .      IF a man is speaking in tongues BY THE HOLY SPIRIT , and you say its of the devil ,     WHAT SPIRIT would you have blasphemed .  EXACTLY .

my word wise man ,  better unlearn some of his world wise wisdom . 

• Loved it! 1

The gift of tongues is BY THE HOLY SPIRIT , just as the gift of healing was .

And the jews saw JESUS casting out demons BY THE SPIRIT and blasphemed saying he casts out satan by satan .

WELL the gift o tongues is by that same HOLY SPIRIT ,    so if a man is speaking in tongues BY THE SPIRIT and one says , ITS OF THE DEVIL ,  THEY DID what the jews did to JESUS .

AND JESUS called that blaspheming the HOLYGHOST .     WORLD WISE HERMEUNITC MEN ,    YALL BETTER BE ON BIG GAURD and be careful TO NEVER blaspheme the work of THE SPIRIT .

• Loved it! 1

53 minutes ago, Cletus said:

I can say the same thing... i pray and sing in The Spirit.  every day.  I am well aware of things that happen while praying in tongues.  and the devil did try and fight it once with me... and I had an experience that verified it for me.  Jesus in me.  speaking.  commanding evil spirits, and they trembled and obeyed.  that joker dont speak to me anymore. 

the real problem is people dont want to do what the bible actually says which is not forbid it.  yes there should be order, but that is a far cry from forbidding it.  doing such is actually quenching The Spirit.  and the basis for their grounds to forbid is intellectual... and what did God say?  something about mans wisdom is foolishness to Him... oh yes.  The Book does say to desire the gifts.  and then there is the argument about edifying self is never to be sought, i even encountered that one on this site before and decided to just leave it alone because when someone is closedminded to a scripture already and dont want to consider it, well, I dont need to bang my head on a wall with them.  if someone is not to edify themselves ever then why does the gift exist?  I mean, obviously God gave us this for a reason, one that readily comes to mind is that when we pray in the spirit we ask for things we dont even know to ask for in our own language.... but God knows it.  seems like there is a purpose after all. 

I have even received interpretation of my own language... even to some of the exact words.  one praise word I speak is a higher praise than Hallelujah, which is supposed to be a the highest praise we have for Him. 

some people just havent experienced it, some dont really know much about it and people tend to fear what they dont know.  and i cant tell you how may preachers have told me people are not read for all that God is Spirit stuff, saying you have to give them time to grow.  I dont believe that stuff.  who does the bible says gives increase?  yup. 

Cletus you loved brother .     we got world wise hermunitc men speaking on very dangerous ground on this site .      Blaspheming the HOLY GHOST is not a light sin , NOW IS IT .

THEIR are gifts given BY THE HOLY GHOST , healing , casting out demons ,   tongues , and so on .  YET many WORLD wise men , say tongues is of satan .   WHAT SPIRIT

are they blaspheming , IF ITS TRULY OF THE HOLY SPIRIT .     our world wise hermuntic men ,   NEED TO HUMBLE themselves  and LEARN OF THE SPIRIT and feast on THE BIBLE .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,125
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

57 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Be on guard world wise man .      IF a man is speaking in tongues BY THE HOLY SPIRIT , and you say its of the devil ,     WHAT SPIRIT would you have blasphemed .  EXACTLY .

This is unsubstantiated in what has been written and is more like a personal attack motivated by self imposed thought....

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Cletus you loved brother .     we got world wise hermunitc men speaking on very dangerous ground on this site .      Blaspheming the HOLY GHOST is not a light sin , NOW IS IT .

THEIR are gifts given BY THE HOLY GHOST , healing , casting out demons ,   tongues , and so on .  YET many WORLD wise men , say tongues is of satan .   WHAT SPIRIT

are they blaspheming , IF ITS TRULY OF THE HOLY SPIRIT .     our world wise hermuntic men ,   NEED TO HUMBLE themselves  and LEARN OF THE SPIRIT and feast on THE BIBLE .

Removed from thread.

The overall theme of Scripture is Scripture 'The Holy communication of God to man' enabling by intake of a renewed mind that may reason with God in all matters of life and Godliness...

2 Tim 3:15-17

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJV

within this framework alone- a man given all that He 'IS' to it's pages ….what other would be necessary? I have not participated with tongues because the measure of all things by God's Word is bypassed by the very substance of tongues itself >non communicable< expressed in sensory feeling and emotions only AND cannot be tested by the one measure we are given to identify what s - Spirit a thing 'IS' of… if nothing else at all this should send alarm signals to a Spirit filled heart. As much as I can ascertain through witness of those involved they express I feel, I like, I want and based on sensual fulfillment only and these areas are of the things of flesh and is outside the venue of Scripture which is all that God has given us to know the s - Spirit of anything -I seeing it as the first step of reliance outside of Scripture itself...  100% have said to me "I know it is of God because how it makes me feel and if you haven't experienced it you cannot judge it!" That may be so and neither can the written Word of God...

Edited by enoob57

It is important to rightly divide the Word of God and the greatest and most necessary is that of OT to NT... during that transition period of Old Testament Scriptures and NT Testament being formed in letters God was willing to provide supernaturally signs that, what was occurring, was of The God of the OT... and that His Son was The Creator
As to The Son

John 14:11

11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
KJV

As to The Apostles

Acts 2:14-22

14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:

15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.

16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:

20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:

21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
KJV

Now that the NT is finished and has the great seal upon it and it able to through power

Heb 4:12

12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
KJV

and it has the ability to make able to do The Will of God

2 Tim 3:15-17

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJ
V

Because I am of the opinion that which is able to make perfect must in itself be perfect thus the perfect has come through The Written Word of God aligned with The Holy Spirit

1 Cor 13:8-10

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
KJV

This is my foundation and I don't have the need of help in this witness from my flesh … :thumbsup: 

I will as always give the warning God has given us all in this area

Matt 24:24-26

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25 Behold, I have told you before.

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
KJV

Edited by enoob57
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Cletus said:

I do agree with you on the FACT there are many false teachers and the devil does counterfeit God in every way it can because it is unable to create, to make new.  And I do agree that Love is the greatest, and to be sought above the gifts of the Spirit.  but I do not see this to be a reason to negate God breathed scripture concerning the gifts.  I do not agree that speaking in tongues is of the flesh either because its origin is The Holy Spirit.  someone can not speak in an unknown language without the aid of a Spirit, weather Holy or unclean, however another Gift of The Spirit is discerning of spirits.  Even more, 1 cor. 13 8-10 is not speaking of the gifts in the manner of they are bad or not necessary.  that letter is to a church who had the gifts moving like crazy but needed help in certain other areas such as a sectarian spirit, incest, lawsuits, fornication, marriage and divorce, eating foods offered to idols, wearing the veil, the Lords supper, and resurrection of body are other topics.  however the topic of tongues was not forbiding it or saying it was of the flesh in any way, shape fashion or form, it was about bringing balanced employment of speaking in tongues, affirming the practice, and refusing the right to prohibit it. 

Corinth was heavy into pagan beliefs and practices.  their chief deity was Aphrodite, which is the goddess of love, more correctly licentious love.  they even had a saying back then...   "to corinthanize"  which meant to practice prostitution.  the spirit of the city showed up in the church... which is why so many other topics pop up in the epistle to the church in Corinth.  tongues was only one of the many problems they needed to iron out.  and it still seems to be a problem all these years later for people to actually grasp what Paul was really saying.

With all respect given you cannot evaluate tongues with Scripture for there is no communicable aspect of tongues but the sensory element of experiencing something... I do find it troubling that so much of it is being done in disregard to the Scriptures... and the really odd thing about it being if it were done according to the Scripture's instruction there would be no issues with tongues! For any use within the public arena and an interpreter would allow the hearer to check with the Word of God the viability of it being from God ...

Edited by enoob57