• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

11 hours ago, firestormx said:

Why? Because the act of speaking in tongues is an act of faith. In Acts 2:4 it says WE speak and the HOLY SPIRIT gives the utterance. We give the sound but the Holy Spirit gives the utterance or words. That can't happen without faith. We control the volume while God controls the words. To speak in tongues is impossible if it's real without a complete dependence on the Holy Spirit of God.

Also when Paul said in 1 Cor. 14:5 that Prophecy is preferred unless the biblical tongues are interpreted. It was because God gives the utterance or words in both Prophecy and speaking in tongues. But with speaking in Tongues nobody understands the speaker without an interpretation. If there is an interpretation of the spoken tongues then Prophecy isn't preferred because you have already heard the direct words of God just like in the cases of Biblical prophecy. The word UNLESS is the key word in 1 Cor.14:5. 

Speaking in Tongues is an act of faith. It is God providing the words just like in the OT when the Spirit of God would come upon a Prophet or king. I  know of no other way to say this other than the bible verse of Acts 2:4 We speak as the Holy Spirit gives the utterance. 

I don't believe your grasping what I am saying in all this... because the only way you are experiencing this is through your senses with no understanding of what is being said therefore The Word of God is bypassed and sensory involvement is where full trust is given. This is just obvious fact as 'it is what it is' by your own witnesses of... and I am just shining the light on the facts! In this fact of happenstance the building up is through sensual means and the experience is said to be placing faith in The Holy Spirit by experience totally apart from Scripture's involvement as to ascertain the source of the spirit. I believe this is error to do so for the flesh is not redeemed and why would The Holy Spirit build up that which He is not keeping? 
The faith we are to use is found in this way

Rom 10:14-17

14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
KJV

11 hours ago, firestormx said:

Tongues doesn't place a reliance on the sensual but on the Holy Spirit of God.

You have no way to verify this except through your subjective experience and senses.... your mind is not utilized just your senses. The Holy Spirit's ministry is directly tied to Scripture for why else would God say the complete need and enablement would come from such

2 Tim 3:15-17

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJV

I know all of you are deeply invested in this but the very facts of what I say are just that facts... you are upholding the sensory parts of your own subjective being apart from the Word of God... and no where in Scripture can you find this urged by God to do. In fact we are urged by God to do the very thing you are not in this case

Jude 3

3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
KJV

This faith is not as you suggest in tongues exercised in bodily experience but is as the Romans passage above says... now if you wish to practice this in a Biblical way where in public without interpreter it is kept quiet then it would be the individuals responsibility to God for the use and practice, but unfortunately it is not found so- in much of it's use in these last of days and this use is in direct disobedience to the instruction that is in God's Word....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

6 hours ago, enoob57 said:

I don't believe your grasping what I am saying in all this... because the only way you are experiencing this is through your senses with no understanding of what is being said therefore The Word of God is bypassed and sensory involvement is where full trust is given.

The same could be said of Paul and the other Apostles when they spoke in tongues but that didn't mean it wasn't real and biblical or them.

You have no way to verify this except through your subjective experience and senses.... your mind is not utilized just your senses. 

1. I think that's why they call it faith. ?

2.There was no way for Thomas to verify that the other 10 Apostles were telling the truth that Jesus rose from the dead. But they were telling the truth and Thomas was chided by Christ for his lack of faith at simply being told the truth without any evidence.

I know all of you are deeply invested in this but the very facts of what I say are just that facts... you are upholding the sensory parts of your own subjective being apart from the Word of God... and no where in Scripture can you find this urged by God to do. In fact we are urged by God to do the very thing you are not in this case

This standard that is being put forth could be used to negate all gifts of the spirit. This to me sounds like the kind of doctrine for people who need everything to make sense to there rational fleshly mind and sometimes the things of God will seem like foolishness to the rational fleshly mind. 

Edited by firestormx

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Paul also said

1 Cor 14:19

19 Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.
KJV

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  406
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 3:02 PM, Wade8888 said:

I don't know of six operations, but I will list some operations I know of .

1) Prayer language. It is to help you pray the will of God. I pray in tongues all the time.

2) Worship. I sing in tongues, especially when I don't know the words to the praise and worship song being led in.

3) With interpretation, which is a different type of tongue, it is equal to prophecy, as per Paul's teaching in Corinthians.

I used Google Translate on my tongues one time, and it was saying "Praise God, Praise God" in a combination of Greek and Hawaiian.

This is as it should be, as it is one or more natural languages being supernaturally imparted to me by the Holy Spirit.

Lately, my prayer language has changed to a different dialect which has more total syllables in it.

I have "interpreted" tongues one time before, and I don't recommend lightly doing it. I am still "Trying the Spirits" on that 14 years after the fact, because it was a quote from the Bible which was implying a Judgement from God, with a promise to true believers. Several large natural disasters have happened in this area in that time period since then.

Again, I don't recommend lightly seeking tongues and interpretation. If God gives it to you, be blessed with it, and if he doesn't give it to you, be blessed without it.

We are supposed to ask God For the Holy Ghost, Lk 11: 11--13, It's not the case of waiting for God to give the Holy Ghost and tongues, It's the case of people receiving the already given gifts.

In all five Biblical accounts of people being baptised in the Holy Ghost, They all spoke in tongues, Making tongues the Biblical evidence of the baptism in the Holy Ghost. The problem is, People go by there own experiences and lack of knowledge or lack of faith, Instead of knowing what the Bible says, believing it, and receiving God's gift.

• Thumbs Up 1