• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,787
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

That which has no understanding but is emotionally discerned as to be a thing from God cannot be evaluated by Scripture... yet God promises that Scripture is the way to go for understanding! Certainly a dilemma wouldn't you say? 

Heb 4:12

12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
KJV

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  1

In The Revival Fellowship we are obedient and in full accord with the instructions laid down by the apostle Paul in 1Corinthians 14 on how to conduct a formal 

worship and communion meeting in a Spirit-filled church - 

thus we still operate the three voice gifts of the Holy Spirit (separate and distinct to the signs referred to in Mark 16: that is all who believe and receive the indwelling 

Holy Spirit shall know through the sign of speaking in a new tongue). 

diversity of tongues followed by interpretation to a max of three times 

up to three gifts of prophecy - God speaking to his church to give comfort and to edify us. 

I reside in Australia but we do have an assembly or two in the U.S.A. 

https://trffresno.org/ 

Edited by Waggles
  • Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  608
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 1:30 PM, Waggles said:

In The Revival Fellowship we are obedient and in full accord with the instructions laid down by the apostle Paul in 1Corinthians 14 on how to conduct a formal 

worship and communion meeting in a Spirit-filled church - 

thus we still operate the three voice gifts of the Holy Spirit (separate and distinct to the signs referred to in Mark 16: that is all who believe and receive the indwelling 

Holy Spirit shall know through the sign of speaking in a new tongue). 

diversity of tongues followed by interpretation to a max of three times 

up to three gifts of prophecy - God speaking to his church to give comfort and to edify us. 

I reside in Australia but we do have an assembly or two in the U.S.A. 

https://trffresno.org/ 

- Hi, in the Greek it says 'Unknown Tongue'.  - 1 Cor.14:27,28

Being 'The Tongues of Angels'.

Which there is need of interpretation by one which either has 'the gift of Interpretation'. Or of the one speaking 'The Tongues Of Angels' 'praying for the interpretation'.

On this account let it be of 'two or three' with interpretation by the gift of interpretation. The use of 'the gift of Interpreting tongues' being in The Assembly.  

And one just 'praying for the Interpretation' is in Private. As this latter has been my experience, (in confirmation of truth being revealed) after I 'prayed for the Interpretation'. When I 'prayed in the spirit' I 'pray for the Interpretation' which is when I'm given it.  So 'I pray in the spirit I will also pray with the understanding'. 'I will sing with the spirit and I will also sing with understanding'.

An Example: One Friday I was praying for the Assembly I was to attend that Sunday. I prayed aloud in the spirits Tongues Of Angels and then I prayed for the Interpretation/understanding.

Then I prayed to God in my language the prayer He had given me in the spirit language.  And it was confirmed that Sunday as it was the same message the Pastor gave the Assembly.  So the prayer I sought from God in the spirit's gift of tongues of angels was preached to the Assembly. Now, I'd call that a Pastoral message from God Himself. It was a message of where the spiritual direction the Assembly would be going. (after the Pastor had left) No surprise to me since he taught he and Jesus were Head of that Assembly at a church acceptance class of new members. Which after that first class I decided I wasn't going to 'join' under him. But it was the Lord's will for me anyway as now I'm a true non-denominationalist.

- With the known 'Tongues Of Men' as on the day of Pentecost no Interpretation is needed. 

But just of such ones to translate what was said from their own language of what was said from The Spirit.

Which no 'gift of interpretation' nor prayer of Interpreting from the one speaking is needed.

And there may be no certain number of two or at the most three speaking, of any turn.

Edited by RevelationWriter
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 11:51 PM, Joshua-777 said:

1 Corinthians 14:2 For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries. 

Hi Joshua-777,

That is wonderful bro. My experience was in the `60`s high up in the highlands of New Zealand at a young people`s camp. I received the fullness of the Holy Spirit and appreciate that he builds my spirit up as I communicate with this heavenly tongue. So it has been over 50 years since then and how blessed we all are that the Lord Himself would give of His Holy Spirit to His people to make us more like unto Himself.

Good point to remember is that the precious Holy Spirit is given so that we focus on the Lord, for that is whom He has been given to glorify the saviour and Lord Jesus Christ. Always, but always focus on the Lord. The different moves of the Holy Spirit went astray somewhat when people focussed on the Holy Spirit and not on the Lord.

`However when He, the Spirit of Truth has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify me, for He will take of what is mine and declare it to you.` (John 16: 13 & 14)

regards, Marilyn. 

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, maryjayne said:

I used to go to a Charismatic Church, but they said i had to speak in tongues, or I wasn't a true Christian, as its proof of the Holy Spirit baptism. I never could speak in tongues, still dont. Is is essential, as some of the above scriptures seem to indicate? Is that church right and I am not a proper Christian because i dont speak in tongues? I got so disheartened at my failure that i stopped going.

YES they are correct. A disciple of Jesus Christ, a Christian must be born new again by water baptism and Holy Spirit baptism, with the Bible evidence of speaking in a new tongue. 

Praying in tongues is the only sign given in our NT as to the truth of receiving the indwelling Holy Spirit. 

Jesus himself declared that this would be: 

15  And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 
16  He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. 
17  And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 
18  They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. 
Mark 16: 

The true church of God - the Spirit-filled church would be a church wherein all members would undergo baptism by water and the Spirit, and all would pray in tongues; 

and there would be the demonstration of God's power and purpose in His church - signs, healings, miracles, blessings in abundance. 

You need to be with Pentecostal (not charismatic) Christians who can teach and share with you the full gospel of salvation and help you to seek for the baptism of the 

Holy Spirit. When you receive the indwelling Holy Ghost you will both speak in tongues (praying in the Holy Ghost) and you will know that Jesus is truly your Lord and 

God, your Saviour. 

Edited by Steve_S
Removed external link.
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

9 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

Bless you for this. I have been doing some praying since i last posted, and had decided to read though 1 corinthians once i have finished Job, so that is what i will do.

I dont know how to tell biased from unbiased sources very well, so will look for the points you have mentioned when reading round.

Hi Maryjayne, Cobalt was just one step ahead of  me by posting about this !

He's right on, don't believe what Waggles said :

Praying in tongues is the only sign given in our NT as to the truth of receiving the indwelling Holy Spirit. 

This is false teaching , you will be filled with the Holy Spirit the minute you give your heart to Jesus and make 

Him Lord of your life. :)

• Thumbs Up 1