Debp

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  528
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1

It is a sad thing that so many people love to feel:  "My sin isn't the one you are committing, so let's just bash you, and leave me alone." 

Somewhere in the back of my mind, I seem to recall something about Jesus mentioning that we were to FIRST take care of the plank in our own eye.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,143
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

48 minutes ago, Willie T said:

No, actually the OP was about a woman here believing a falsehood told to her by another poster... period.

We all have good minds here and the truth cannot be hidden from us... we look through the lens of Scripture and we see as God has instructed! 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

47 minutes ago, Willie T said:

It is a sad thing that so many people love to feel:  "My sin isn't the one you are committing, so let's just bash you, and leave me alone." 

Somewhere in the back of my mind, I seem to recall something about Jesus mentioning that we were to FIRST take care of the plank in our own eye.

For people who pick and choose sin and attack other sins,  THEY GOT A EYE FULL OF WOOD.   but so do folks who have this hug them to JESUS and lets not worry about leaven mindset .

The eye is cleared IN CHRIST .    and that eye sees , that all leaven must be dealt with fast .   It don't pick and choose what leaven to warn against while doing its own leaven.

But it sure don't sit and defend or let folks feel okay in leaven .   Leaven kills and it start small .  If left unchecked it fills the lump to the full .

We need the pattern JESUS first instructed and the aposltes followed and taught .    In place of just hugs and unity ,   we need To remind

If a brother or sister , is covetous , is a fonciator , idalotar and so on ,  NOT to even eat with such a one .    NOT the mindset OH we all sinners , lets just hug everything to Christ

and read books like the shack .     We need to pick up BIBLES again and drop the fancy popular books .  THEY POPULAR FOR A REASON , in case most don't realize that .

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  528
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

For people who pick and choose sin and attack other sins,  THEY GOT A EYE FULL OF WOOD.   but so do folks who have this hug them to JESUS and lets not worry about leaven mindset .

The eye is cleared IN CHRIST .    and that eye sees , that all leaven must be dealt with fast .   It don't pick and choose what leaven to warn against while doing its own leaven.

But it sure don't sit and defend or let folks feel okay in leaven .   Leaven kills and it start small .  If left unchecked it fills the lump to the full .

We need the pattern JESUS first instructed and the aposltes followed and taught .    In place of just hugs and unity ,   we need To remind

If a brother or sister , is covetous , is a fonciator , idalotar and so on ,  NOT to even eat with such a one .    NOT the mindset OH we all sinners , lets just hug everything to Christ

and read books like the shack .     We need to pick up BIBLES again and drop the fancy popular books .  THEY POPULAR FOR A REASON , in case most don't realize that .

And in your rush to condemn something you don't even seem to know Jesus equated leaven to the kingdom of God.  Leaven was a very good thing as Jesus told it there.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 minute ago, Willie T said:

And in your rush to condemn something you don't even seem to know Jesus equated leaven to the kingdom of God.  Leaven was a very good thing as Jesus told it there.

Just remember the kingdom of heaven is like a man that cast out a large net ,  caught many , many fish.    BUT NOT ALL THEM FISH are put in good vessels .

HOW a fish is hooked and caught , SAYS EVERYTHING .    You ponder and pray on that .    

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

Willie T removed from topic.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

9 hours ago, Debp said:

Yes, I heard the PCA (Presbyterian Church America) is Bible believing.  It's the PCUSA that is liberal.  Many years ago there were groups or congregations from the PCUSA that were fighting against the liberal beliefs but to no avail.  Alot of those congregations left the PCUSA.

I know the people involved with this story so it is true: Years ago a young woman who had been  a lesbian came to Christ, was born again, no longer a lesbian.  She even studied to become a pastor.   At the PCUSA yearly conference, she stood up to speak, wanted to give her testimony of coming to Christ and being delivered from lesbianism.   Well, the attendees at the conference shouted her down...they would not let her speak.

It is incredible how the First Amendment isn’t even honored in many churches. Even though I know many know the 1st Ammend, I shall share it, “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.” (1 Ammendment, Bill of Rights, United States Constitution). 

If Congress won’t infringe on freedom of religion and speech, why would people shout out a person sharing their testimony? I am so weary of “words can hurt me, if you speak something I don’t agree with I’ll be hospitalized, I need a safe space and a dog to pet and ice cream.” Robust debate and sharing of ideas is what created the USA, the Founders disagrees vehemently on isssues, but they were never personally threaten by their differences. 

O woe that American Churches are joining the silencing of free speech. ? 

Edited by Fidei Defensor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

On 8/4/2018 at 8:38 AM, GandalfTheWise said:

Basically, it is should a conservative church excommunicate people and allow no dealings with them or keep them around to try to influence them and help them grow?  And, what list of behaviors constitutes grounds for excommunication?  Some Christians passionately feel that there are certain sins and behaviors that should be immediate grounds for action.  Other Christians passionately feel maintaining ties with people is necessary for their spiritual growth.   This is basically what happens every time a local pastor or church board has to decide if a particular person's sin or behavior is so egregious that they should be kicked out of the church, removed from ministries,  and what requirements are then placed on them for remaining in fellowship or ministry.   From what I read, this appears to be what Hillsong did in this situation.  They removed this person from ministry but allowed them to remain in the church with limitations.  It can of course be debated if this was the best or correct course of action, but that is basically the same debate that occurs every time a pastor and board must decide what to do in this type of situation from the largest megachurch to the smallest local church.  At what point is a person so irredeemable and obstinate that it is in the best interests of the church that we wash our hands and give up on them?

No-one who names the name of Christ and is practicing gross sins of any kind should be allowed to remain in fellowship......be it homosexuality, adultery, robbing banks or abusing their wives or children.  They need to be counseled and lovingly but firmly confronted regarding their sin, and if anyone is not willing to repent and stop sinning, then the biblical instruction needs to be carried out and they must be asked to leave.  Give them over to Satan for the destruction of their flesh so that their soul may be saved.....it is God's discipline and chastisement for their spiritual good.  If they later repent and stop sinning then happily they can be restored to fellowship, but not before then.

Allowing people to remain in fellowship while continuing in gross sins.....will not influence anyone for Christ....it only rewards them for sinning by allowing them to have their cake and eat it too.  The best way to influence them for Christ is to show them how seriously He and His followers treat sin by applying the necessary and appropriate discipline.  For the simple fact that it IS a serious matter....God is not mocked, and it is not a demonstration of love to give those who either fall into sin or continue a lifestyle of sin a very mistaken impression that they will be received into heaven in that condition if they persist in it. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

6 hours ago, Willie T said:

It crosses my mind sometimes how often the Bible states that gluttony is a sin.  I wonder what the average build and weight of pew-sitting Christians is, and yet they absolutely refuse to stop gorging themselves.  I guess if it is not specifically a moral issue, it is OK?

Are you certain that all obese folks are that way from gorging themselves? 

A woman with pcos (a real medical issue) is unable to keep weight off. 

Anyone with ambulatory problems will not be able to keep weight off. 

Anyone using a corticosteroid as part of a medical treatment will not be able to keep weight off. 

Even skinnny folks can be guilty of gluttony (bulemia or just overeating during feasts). Yet its only fat folks who get singled out. Too much judgmentalism going on.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

5 hours ago, Willie T said:

Pot kettle

• Brilliant! 1