• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

28 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

It is incredible how the First Amendment isn’t even honored in many churches. Even though I know many know the 1st Amman’s, I shall share it, “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.” (1 Ammendment, Bill of Rights, United States Constitution). 

If Congress won’t infringe on freedom of religion and speech, why would people shout out a person sharing their testimony? I am so weary of “words can hurt me, if you speak something I don’t agree with I’ll be hospitalized, I need a safe space and a dog to pet and ice cream.” Robust debate and sharif of ideas is what created the USA, the Founders disagrees vehemently on isssues, but they were never personally threaten by their differences. 

O wow that American Churches are joining the silencing of free speech. ? 

The first ammendment applies to govt, not to private places like a church. Folks make that mistake a lot. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

not only is their doctrine super warped so is the music that comes out of the church as well. It is meaningless repetitions that cause a chanting like experience affecting the emotions of those singing and listening. When you feed on the emotions of people you can make them do just about anything you want them to.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

3 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

The first ammendment applies to govt, not to private places like a church. Folks make that mistake a lot. 

It’s actuslly a bill of rights. Govt can infringecon these rights but they can also enforce the rights and protect the rights of citizens. 

If a person is drowned out from speaking, their freedom of speech is violated. Long as the citizen is not inciting a riot or violence, or harmful behavior of any kind, The speech is protected under law or else minorities could silence all of us (Oligarchy). 

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

6 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

The problem here is that Hillsong is milquetoast when it comes to morality.  Carl Lentz doesn't think abortion is wrong, and he thinks you can have a relationship with God, even if you are not saved so I highly doubt these two men will be encouraged to end their partnership.  This is a direct quote from Carl Lentz:

"What concerns me is that it seems like more people are concerned about our “method,” despite the fact it’s working, than they are the young gay teens that are killing themselves, and the LGBT community at large that has found zero refuge in our “churches.” Our doctrine and theology rings hollow and often even comical when we set up even more barriers for hurting people than our broken world is offering. Apparently, people want others to be transformed by a gospel they are actually not allowed to hear, doubt, explore, have explained or see in action. If we believe that faith comes through hearing , let’s not be perplexed as to why so many people are not listening. They have not been allowed in to hear."

I think the church in general has not done a very good job of reaching out to homosexuals in general in the past, other than to condemn the sin itself and treat them like lepers.....and now the pendulum is swinging too far to the licentious side.  I used to be completely confused as to how to approach this topic myself, but the Lord has since taught me to treat it like any sin.  I think many young people are understandably upset to discover that they have same-sex attraction, and they need to hear that Jesus did not come to condemn them, but to help them out of their predicament, if they are willing to receive and follow Him, and begin to fight the good fight of faith against their flesh.  We are not to treat lost souls as pariahs regardless of their type of sin, but preach the gospel of SALVATION from sin and give them the very real HOPE that they CAN be healed and delivered from homosexuality or any other bondage through Christ.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

59 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Are you certain that all obese folks are that way from gorging themselves? 

A woman with pcos (a real medical issue) is unable to keep weight off. 

Anyone with ambulatory problems will not be able to keep weight off. 

Anyone using a corticosteroid as part of a medical treatment will not be able to keep weight off. 

Even skinnny folks can be guilty of gluttony (bulemia or just overeating during feasts). Yet its only fat folks who get singled out. Too much judgmentalism going on.

:)Thanks ayin jade...for stepping up to the plate and showing another side to the story. Sweeping criticisms and stereotypes of obesity definitely need to be addressed. You pointed out some facts that are sadly often overlooked...such as non ambulatory issues and medication related weight gain. 

My mother has been confined to a bed in a nursing home for years due to reasons beyond her control. She is literally unable to walk. Since she has lost that ability it has been impossible for her to burn calories. Her obesity is through no fault of her own. As ayin said, medications one must take often have side effects of weight gain beyond your control. This is one way the pounds piled on over time. During these years in the nursing home her diet was always low calorie and yet her weight remained. She had no way to even cheat or indulge in any gluttony! So you can see how some weight problems are medical, as ayin posted.

Since anoxic injury on March 9th mom now lies there TOTALLY without bodily movement :(due to becoming severely brain damaged. Even though her diet is strictly controlled (no food by mouth) ...receiving a diabetically sound formula through a feeding tube in a nursing home...she has not lost any weight. Obesity is not always about gorging!

Sorry this is so long. I just wanted to share my personal story to give a true life example. Generalizations can be very hurtful.:( Please think twice before posting them for they do not glorify Christ. As ayin jade said...too much judgmentalism going on. 

Edited by turtletwo
corrected spelling error

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

39 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Are you certain that all obese folks are that way from gorging themselves? 

A woman with pcos (a real medical issue) is unable to keep weight off. 

Anyone with ambulatory problems will not be able to keep weight off. 

Anyone using a corticosteroid as part of a medical treatment will not be able to keep weight off. 

Even skinnny folks can be guilty of gluttony (bulemia or just overeating during feasts). Yet its only fat folks who get singled out. Too much judgmentalism going on.

Indeed. Gluttony is actually part of the duo of sins that are hardest to kick: gluttony and fornication: both are sins that come out of needs, to feed and breed, both made by God but can be distorted. When someone fights a food disorder they are struggling with something that is connected to s need, a need to live. If you don’t eat you die and so God made food pleasurable and sex pleasurable so that life would continue; but sin makes addictions of these good things and turns them into coping mechanisms for stress, insecurity, lack of love, and etc. Gluttony is hard to kick because it’s so connected to a need that keeps us alive and so people battling it struggle to find balance between plessurecof eating because you need the food and pleasure from crushing stress with eating. 

For the record, I believe sex must be within confines of marriage. I am merely describing two aspects of life that are programmed needs from thecAlmighty; one to keep us alive and the other to keep the species alive. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, ayin jade said:

Pot kettle

You loved sister .    we are all praying for you as well.     You just throw those hands up and praise the LORD .

Pot kettle ,  you aint alone in that thought either .    It seems like most who call us the black kettle , forget they the black pot .   Its like what we get accused of , THEY really

the ones doing it .     You just leap for joy sister .    Folks that love you sister are praying for you .    

1 hour ago, Heleadethme said:

No-one who names the name of Christ and is practicing gross sins of any kind should be allowed to remain in fellowship......be it homosexuality, adultery, robbing banks or abusing their wives or children.  They need to be counseled and lovingly but firmly confronted regarding their sin, and if anyone is not willing to repent and stop sinning, then the biblical instruction needs to be carried out and they must be asked to leave.  Give them over to Satan for the destruction of their flesh so that their soul may be saved.....it is God's discipline and chastisement for their spiritual good.  If they later repent and stop sinning then happily they can be restored to fellowship, but not before then.

Allowing people to remain in fellowship while continuing in gross sins.....will not influence anyone for Christ....it only rewards them for sinning by allowing them to have their cake and eat it too.  The best way to influence them for Christ is to show them how seriously He and His followers treat sin by applying the necessary and appropriate discipline.  For the simple fact that it IS a serious matter....God is not mocked, and it is not a demonstration of love to give those who either fall into sin or continue a lifestyle of sin a very mistaken impression that they will be received into heaven in that condition if they persist in it. 

SISTER they need a multiple worthy button .  THEY REALLY DO .    cause this HIT the nail ever so smooth right in .    Yet mindsets today think this is hate .  

I bet some here will agree with this .    The problem is that society and worse now churches ,  make the sinner of certain sins , out to be victims .

The victim card was played very well by the dark one .      A victim is without fault ,    and sin is not without fault .

THEY SLAVES TO SIN .   that is what needs to get said , AND THEN OFFER THE SOLUTOIN to freedom FROM SIN .  ALSO show how serious sin is and

How God hates sin ,   BUT desires mercy and thus SENT the SON .    Their are no victims in sin .   Being a slave to homosexuality is no different than being a slave to adultery .

The guilty party is guilty .  Satan don't MAKE anyone do anything .   DO WE SEE how he enticed and seduced eve,   DID HE SAY ,   YOU DO THIS or I will punish you .

NOPE     HE SEDUCES and allures through the flesh .    The victim card has been played and its a dud.      If we cant own up to our evil , we don't repent of that evil.

We just play the victim card , TILL SOCIETY fully accepts it as good .   AND that IS NO GOOD .      Lets return to the biblical pattern of all things .  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

34 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

You loved sister .    we are all praying for you as well.     You just throw those hands up and praise the LORD .

Pot kettle ,  you aint alone in that thought either .    It seems like most who call us the black kettle , forget they the black pot .   Its like what we get accused of , THEY really

the ones doing it .     You just leap for joy sister .    Folks that love you sister are praying for you .    

No doubts. No question. The Lord is good. 

When stephen was killed, he looked to the Lord. In the valley of the shadow of death, david looked to the Lord. Those are my examples. (Although my cancer was caught early and has a good prognosis, the journey to healing isnt easy.)

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1