IGNORED

Problem with evolution

Guest shiloh357
56 minutes ago, SerenelyBlue said:

Paul was also ignorant of evolution maybe...

The problem is that Evolution can't account for sin.  In fact, from a purely evolutionary mindset, sin doesn't exist, because God doesn't exist in wholly naturalistic worldview.   Evolution rules God out because as a theory, it is rooted in naturalism, both philosophical and methodological naturalism.   You cannot have that kind of theory and still argue that the God of the Bible was involved.  

Paul's argument for the existence of sin is problematic for Evolution that looks at what the Bible calls "sin" as nothing more than part of the evolutionary process.   In evolution, murder, theft, adultery, fornication, are all necessary for the preservation of the human species.   And if that is the case, then why do we need Jesus?   If sin doesn't exist, then what did Jesus die for?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Well, many liberal Christians do reconcile the two.  I guess Worthy doesn't have liberal Christians.

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, SerenelyBlue said:

Well, many liberal Christians do reconcile the two.  I guess Worthy doesn't have liberal Christians.

They reconcile them in their imaginations. They reconcile them by rewording the Bible, and by not being honest about the theory of Evolution and what is actually based on.   You have modify the Bible and the Theory of Evolution to in order "reconcile" them.    But it is not a true and honest reconciliation in that regard.   

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

Why would a group that doesn't want to take the Bible seriously want to waste their time with the Bible?

Because they believe God and Jesus are real.  And God speaks to us through the Bible.  The Bible is the source of information.  

Guest shiloh357
9 minutes ago, SerenelyBlue said:

Because they believe God and Jesus are real.  And God speaks to us through the Bible.  The Bible is the source of information.  

But for liberal Christians, it is a book they believe was altered, is not fully inspired by God and they doubt the information it contains.   So how is the Bible useful if they don't really believe what it says?

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,916
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

7 hours ago, SerenelyBlue said:

How exactly does God guide evolution?  

Hi again SerenelyBlue [Sorry I misrepresented your username as SerenityBlue earlier]

The Worthy Christian Forums "Statement Of Faith" says "We believe that the 66 books of the Canon, from Genesis to Revelation are the exhaustive, inerrant and inspired word of God."

Just so you are aware, you are posting on the Inner Court which is for Christians who agree with the above Statement Of Faith.

Many would-be Christians hold views that are contrary to Scripture without being aware of it. The idea that the Biblical 6 days of Creation are stages of evolution each millions of years long (a requirement of macro-evolution) is not Scriptural. Anyone who persists with this view when they are advised of their error cannot call themselves a Bible-believer, and their profession to be a follower of Christ is in doubt.

Jesus Himself affirmed the Genesis account of Creation and referred to OT Scriptures on many occasions:

Mat 19:4
(4)  And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,

Sorry I didn't know I was posting in a forbidden place.  I see myself as a real Christian.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

9 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Hi again SerenelyBlue [Sorry I misrepresented your username as SerenityBlue earlier]

The Worthy Christian Forums "Statement Of Faith" says "We believe that the 66 books of the Canon, from Genesis to Revelation are the exhaustive, inerrant and inspired word of God."

Just so you are aware, you are posting on the Inner Court which is for Christians who agree with the above Statement Of Faith.

Many would-be Christians hold views that are contrary to Scripture without being aware of it. The idea that the Biblical 6 days of Creation are stages of evolution each millions of years long (a requirement of macro-evolution) is not Scriptural. Anyone who persists with this view when they are advised of their error cannot call themselves a Bible-believer, and their profession to be a follower of Christ is in doubt.

Jesus Himself affirmed the Genesis account of Creation and referred to OT Scriptures on many occasions:

Mat 19:4
(4)  And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,

"The idea that the Biblical 6 days of Creation are stages of evolution each millions of years long (a requirement of macro-evolution) is not Scriptural. Anyone who persists with this view when they are advised of their error cannot call themselves a Bible-believer, and their profession to be a follower of Christ is in doubt."

I'm sorry, but I have to take issue with this statement. There are (and have been) many genuine Bible-believing Christians who have interpreted Genesis 1 in this way. Who has suddenly decided that this is "incompatible" with believing the Bible and even with being a Christian at all?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

10 minutes ago, SerenelyBlue said:

Sorry I didn't know I was posting in a forbidden place.  I see myself as a real Christian.

You are a real Christian.

The interpretation of Genesis 1 is not a test of orthodoxy, and never has been.

Edited by Deborah_

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,916
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

6 minutes ago, SerenelyBlue said:

But do you agree with the Statement of Faith? The catch is if you do then logically you must believe Romans 5:12 and 1 Corinthians 15:21 which preclude Theistic Evolution.

1 minute ago, Deborah_ said:

"The idea that the Biblical 6 days of Creation are stages of evolution each millions of years long (a requirement of macro-evolution) is not Scriptural. Anyone who persists with this view when they are advised of their error cannot call themselves a Bible-believer, and their profession to be a follower of Christ is in doubt."

I'm sorry, but I have to take issue with this statement. There are (and have been) many genuine Bible-believing Christians who have interpreted Genesis 1 in this way. Who has suddenly decided that this is "incompatible" with believing the Bible and even with being a Christian at all?

It has always been incompatible.