• Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

On 8/18/2018 at 1:36 AM, Sharky and George said:

I am so so pleased you made progress.

Do you forgive him?

In theory, yes.  I can pray for him, and even love him - but only from afar.  When I'm in the same room with him I just feel exasperated.  Drained.  I can't live like that, and I can't be a good mother to my children.  I need to be transformed by the renewing of my mind.  I have to let the wound heal before I let anyone, let alone him, go poking it.  

One day I will be able to completely detach myself enough from him to not get worked up by memories, knowing they will never affect him the way they have done me.  he will never lose a night's sleep over me the way I have over him, so many times.  

For now it'll just have to be theory.  I need to do this one step, and one day, at a time.

Edited by *Zion*
typing error
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/17/2018 at 7:52 PM, *Zion* said:

Yes it was today, and yes it was just as billiards ball said.  he was very humble, didn't say a bad word about me, and they took his side. Initially.  Of course he expected me to just roll over.  I did not.  God gave me strength in that room to say what I needed to say.  I confronted him about his snail paced progress.  I confronted him about his robotic-ness.  I told him that I was not a victim, and that I will not just give in to him just because he said so.  I said that I don't think about him anymore, just the kids.  I have lost too much sleep over him, crying when he doesn't seem to care at all.  I told him that I was too tired and i needed some space, and that I would be at my mother's house. 

He was shocked at this, considering that I am not so close with my family, and that he has tried to keep me isolated by moving far away.  At first I didn't think I could tell my mother, but she is supporting me.  He did not expect that.

Then my pastors turned their attention more closely to him.  I never thought I would see it.  Suddenly, he was being held accountable.  And he couldn't squirm out of it.  My pastors prayed for me to be strong, bold, and for peace and joy for me.  And told me that I was too polite, and that I needed to say 'no' more!  I didn't know what to think of it all!  Except to say thank you Jesus!

Then they added insult to injury.  They told me to be patient with him and speak in a way he could understand.  You should have seen his face!!!  He had no answer.  The only thing he could do was agree.  I know that God was fighting for me today.  All glory to Him!  my husband thought he could outsmart compassion with common sense.  I guess God didn't want that done today.  He knows I have the protection of the pastor's now.  He knows if he tries his luck he would be exposed further.

Thank you ALL for your prayers.  God worked on my behalf.  I feel free; I feel impossible.  

much love!!!!!

Yes, all glory to Him! I am thrilled for you. You can also help the pastors by reading the book, highlighting a few passages that apply to your situation, then sharing with the pastors, rather than asking them to read the whole book.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/17/2018 at 7:52 PM, *Zion* said:

Yes it was today, and yes it was just as billiards ball said.  he was very humble, didn't say a bad word about me, and they took his side. Initially.  Of course he expected me to just roll over.  I did not.  God gave me strength in that room to say what I needed to say.  I confronted him about his snail paced progress.  I confronted him about his robotic-ness.  I told him that I was not a victim, and that I will not just give in to him just because he said so.  I said that I don't think about him anymore, just the kids.  I have lost too much sleep over him, crying when he doesn't seem to care at all.  I told him that I was too tired and i needed some space, and that I would be at my mother's house. 

He was shocked at this, considering that I am not so close with my family, and that he has tried to keep me isolated by moving far away.  At first I didn't think I could tell my mother, but she is supporting me.  He did not expect that.

Then my pastors turned their attention more closely to him.  I never thought I would see it.  Suddenly, he was being held accountable.  And he couldn't squirm out of it.  My pastors prayed for me to be strong, bold, and for peace and joy for me.  And told me that I was too polite, and that I needed to say 'no' more!  I didn't know what to think of it all!  Except to say thank you Jesus!

Then they added insult to injury.  They told me to be patient with him and speak in a way he could understand.  You should have seen his face!!!  He had no answer.  The only thing he could do was agree.  I know that God was fighting for me today.  All glory to Him!  my husband thought he could outsmart compassion with common sense.  I guess God didn't want that done today.  He knows I have the protection of the pastor's now.  He knows if he tries his luck he would be exposed further.

Thank you ALL for your prayers.  God worked on my behalf.  I feel free; I feel impossible.  

much love!!!!!

Yes, all glory to Him! I am thrilled for you. You can also help the pastors by reading the book, highlighting a few passages that apply to your situation, then sharing with the pastors, rather than asking them to read the whole book.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Ok.  So.  My husband did something I thought he would never do.  He admitted to everyone in our home group/cell group what has been going on between us.  The whole group prayed for us.  He also has agreed to go for counselling, both marital and personal.  I am sure this is God.  In the back of my mind I can't help but wonder if this is somehow part of his act, but it's so out of character for him.  I know that God is fighting for me and my kids.  I was so ready to leave but now I feel that something genuine is happening with him.  

Thank you guys for supporting my family in prayer.  This has been so big.  God is moving, and doing.  God bless you all.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

8 hours ago, *Zion* said:

Ok.  So.  My husband did something I thought he would never do.  He admitted to everyone in our home group/cell group what has been going on between us.  The whole group prayed for us.  He also has agreed to go for counselling, both marital and personal.  I am sure this is God.  In the back of my mind I can't help but wonder if this is somehow part of his act, but it's so out of character for him.  I know that God is fighting for me and my kids.  I was so ready to leave but now I feel that something genuine is happening with him.  

Thank you guys for supporting my family in prayer.  This has been so big.  God is moving, and doing.  God bless you all.

So glad things are working out now for you, your husband and the kids.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,157
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

13 hours ago, *Zion* said:

wow... just wow