justme007

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I ran into a sect recently. It was established in early 1990s and for some reason they are getting more active these days. They are attacking the authority of The Bible and portraying Christians as corrupt and dishonest in their videos. That's how I ran into them. I was looking for something good to watch on youtube. I typed in "Christian faith" and ran into one of their videos. That's how I learned of their existence. A week later a guy from that very sect befriended me on social media and tried to invite me into that sect. At first they pretend to be regular Christians.   

I deliberately don't want to mention their name or anything about them. I think that we as Christians should be reluctant at least when it comes to learning things about sects, that's why I don't want to mention anything about them. What we should learn is The Bible! What I want to say is that that particular sect's message is easily and totally disprovable by Mathew Chapter 24. That sect uses The Bible and The Message of The TRUTH!!!! as a foundation of their beliefs but they add a lot of unacceptable and unbiblical additions to the Blessed Message. 

What I want to say is simply this: read The Bible and believe! Pray for guidance and for mercy for yourselves and for everyone! Always walk the straight and narrow way and pray for those who don't. 

Edited by justme007
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

I would use the world cult instead of sect. Because Christianity was a sect of Judaism until Herod Antipas started persecuting the Church (Acts 12:1-3), The Judaizers (law keepers, those who wanted Jews and Gentiles to practice the Law of Moses while they usurped the Gospel and New Covenant) started persecuting the apostles (see Acts 15:1-11, Acts 17, Acts 20, Galatians 5:2, Galtians 5:4), and the zealots turned on the Church in 70 A.D.  Paul said it is necessary to have divisions, “In the first place, I hear that when you come together as a church, there are divisions among you, and to some extent I believe it. But, of course, there must be divisions among you so that you who have God's approval will be recognized!” (1 Corinthians 11:18-19) 

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

You could mention it's name as others here may be able to provide more info-warning or others defend it. Otherwise it sounds like a run-of-the-mill type sect. It's also good to be forewarned.

Oh, yes you right exactly. It's name is eastern lightning

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

12 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I know this is a bit of a side issue but some of us learn better deductively and some inductively. Personally, I am a deductive learner. I would learn math problems by looking at the answers and then working backwards to figure out how to arrive at the answer.

My first book as a Christian, outside the bible, was a book that covered the cults. By comparing what the cult said to what Scripture said, I learned Scriptures quickly that way. It is sort of counter to the common bank teller example of teaching them to spot a counterfeit by studying the real McCoy.

I spent almost 10 seconds at the site......ten seconds I’ll never get back.....what a crock!

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

As soon as my eye caught that they were referring to God As a “ she”.......I was outa there......no offense to you lovely ladies out there....lol