• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

I am addressing the application  for me as I see it. And yes most often the author of the OP and I are on very different wave lengths!!! 

I had no idea!  ?

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

I suppose that I should clarify.  It's my fault for not fully explaining what I meant.  Sometimes I have something in my head and don't put all the details down which can cause confusion.

I am speaking in terms of Christians who are weak.  Weak because they do not give credit to the veracity of the devil's temptations and how he plays that vile game.  Weak because they do not know the way of escape because they do not read the Bible.  And because they do not pray enough.

No sane Christian wakes up and says, "I'll start sending naked pictures of myself to my colleague who I think is cute."  That's the pinnacle - the end result of a journey void of taking sin seriously.  Maybe it began with eating lunch alone together or flirting or texting knock-knock jokes to each other or texting during a staff meeting and making fun of a presenter who speaks too long.

No sane Christians wakes up and says, "I'll solicit a prostitute today."  "I'll beat my kid black and blue today."  "I'll spread some really nasty gossip that I heard to as many as I can today."

The traps of sin are presented to us as beneficial to us.  The promises of power, or gain, or pleasure, or all the empty promises the devil makes are packaged in a pretty bow of charm and allurement.

We can't conquer what we don't acknowledge.

Amasa did not acknowledge the dagger in Joab's hand.  He fell for the friendly voice saying, "Hello brother, how are things with you?"  And he fell for the kiss of greeting.

Christians need to sharpen their discernment of what evil is around them, their families, their churches, and their communities.

Too many Christians fall hard and fall terribly because they are walking around with rose-colored glasses.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

right

it starts with one thought we can let in and grows, literally, from there

'helmet of salvation'  and the rest

• Thumbs Up 1