• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  528
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  1

23 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

I don't know what the wrong meaning is, versus the right meaning. What say you?

I have taken it to mean that it is what God wills of me. It heaps hot coals on the mindset of the enemy. The enemy is Satan. For the attack, the insult, is born of Satan and of his little antichrists at work among the world, and among the saints of Christ Jesus too. And that is where Satan's victories come, when Satan has the saints acting in kind same as the unsaved world acts.

Well, I have a tendency to take it back to the cross when Jesus did not wish any animosity, at all, upon "the little antiChrists" murdering Him, but instead, asked His Father to "forgive them."  We do seem to very consistently retaliate directly and specifically against the human beings we interact with, all the while uttering the same old thing about loving the sinner (them), but hating the sin.  Yet, we seldom see any loving directed toward anyone we think is wrong in their thoughts or actions.  ("Wrong" = Thinks differently than I do.)

I think the "heaping of coals" that God will reward is friendliness toward enemies, and working hard to help them come to an understanding of the desire to change their way because of a new heart.  Unfortunately, I see far too much "wanting to get even", and "give them what they have been giving."  I see the same thing when desiring just the opposite of what Jesus taught, by claiming a desire to ride in a physical/Spiritual army, and physically slice and slaughter other living human beings on this earth with swords while on horseback.  (Yes, I know what the sword really means... but many are hoping for a tool of war and destruction in their hands.)

I think many see the coals as "payback" and vindication.

Edited by Willie T
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

9 hours ago, PinkBelt said:

"When you insult someone, it's like picking up manure and throwing it at them. Sure you might stain them a little, but you get your own hands filthy as well." - Annonymous

I do not like seeing professed Christians using insults towards anyone. I don't care if they are communists, Muslims, from a rival country, someone you oppose politically or criminals. We are to see each person in the image of God and treat them as such, because that is what Jesus expects. Any justification someone can invent "They deserve it!", "But it's TRUE!", "They do it too!" and so on is completely of no consequence and does not absolve the professed Christian of their willful disregard for the Lords command.

Mark 12:30-31

30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’There is no commandment greater than these.”

Matthew 15:11

11 What goes into someone’s mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them.”

Yes, no doubt about that, God is crystal clear on that subject. If we could just follow the two greatest commandments, the rest would take care of themselves.

However, and this is no excuse, but a sin and weakness on my part. As an American patriot, when I hear a religion, politician or person trying to deliberately destroy this nation and people with the blood that was spilled for it, the many that gave their last measure of self so we can live in a free and moral nation and society...

Sometimes the strongest member of my body, my tongue, rages against them instead of praying for them. I will be held accountable to our Lord for that and the entirety of my life. You are correct and I'm without excuse.

Ephesians 6:12 (KJV) For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

So, how would you address this verse, metaphorically or for real.  How does this apply today, sue that person or like the martyrs, just press on and pray that the person be forgiven.  I mean this happens everyday in one way or the other when people step on your toes.  

Matthew 5:39 King James Version (KJV)

39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

1 minute ago, warrior12 said:

So, how would you address this verse, metaphorically or for real.  How does this apply today, sue that person or like the martyrs, just press on and pray that the person be forgiven.  I mean this happens everyday in one way or the other when people step on your toes.  

Matthew 5:39 King James Version (KJV)

39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

For me it is for real..

Do we perform up to the standard of His Word ?  No.. But does that make His word wrong?  Or needing reinterpretation to make it into something we can perform up to standard?

His Word is perfect and Good and His Mercy is perfect and Good.. We trust and rely upon His Mercy because we cannot perform up to his perfect standards.. 

But it is important to believe in His standards, that they are true and good..

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest PinkBelt
7 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi again, would you care to expand on your justification for not liking to hear insults? Where is it said that I am to see each person in the image of God, for example? Where is it said that Jesus expects of me to see all as though seeing God? I don't know that I buy into that reasoning though I do buy into the conclusion that insults, for the most part anyway, are not productive ways of reaching out to the unsaved, but God is insulting to the unsaved and his servants the bond-servants of Jesus are an affront to all the unsaved world are we not?

Are you serious?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  15

I agree. We should not insult. Make your case on friendly debate but don’t call people names, tell them what they are thinking, jump to conclusions of what they said and drown them out with words that are victimizing words and not giving their entire sentence, paragaraph, and words thought and instead doing the cruel thing of splicing their words into their version of what you said (out of context) and demonizing you with it. 

• This is Worthy 2

I honestly wish you guys would show me these insults.  I have repeatedly asked to be shown what I said that was wrong, and thus far no one has not shown me one single thing.  There may be some, but I have seen nothing but refusal to tell me what I have done wrong.

Edited by Willie T

12 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Seriously?  Do you think that the mods just banned you from those threads because they had nothing better to do that day?  When you get banned from the majority of threads you post in, then, statistically, that would indicate that the problem is you, not other posters.  I have gotten banned from a few threads.  Not many, but a few.  And in almost every case, that banning was a valid result of bad behavior on my part.  An insult can be constituted from many forms.  You insult people repetitively.  You imply, constantly that anyone who attempts to defend sound doctrine and refute error with actual proof is doing so with some some kind of nefarious motives.  You continually mis-characterize what people say.  You continually accuse people of not having love.  You constantly call people "haters."  I could go on, but you should get the point.  These are not the behaviors of someone who has a love and concern for all believers that he is interacting with.  Sarcasm is great fun to utilize, but in reality, it has zero usefulness on a Christian forum.

As I said, show me the insults.  I call many "Haters", and they truly ARE.  That is not an insult.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

2 hours ago, PinkBelt said:

Are you serious?

Ah no that is a very strange sentence, makes no sense to me, must have had one of those didn't see nor use spell check nor grammer review. I will have to go back and see what I thought  I was asking. Thanks!

ps I have modified the original post thanks again, we may still have seriously differing impressions, but mostly I am just seeking some Bible references.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

9 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Yes, no doubt about that, God is crystal clear on that subject. If we could just follow the two greatest commandments, the rest would take care of themselves.

However, and this is no excuse, but a sin and weakness on my part. As an American patriot, when I hear a religion, politician or person trying to deliberately destroy this nation and people with the blood that was spilled for it, the many that gave their last measure of self so we can live in a free and moral nation and society...

Sometimes the strongest member of my body, my tongue, rages against them instead of praying for them. I will be held accountable to our Lord for that and the entirety of my life. You are correct and I'm without excuse.

Ephesians 6:12 (KJV) For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Dennis and all ,  we need to really understand something .    Their is a big difference to err in ignorance than to err and know its error .

Therefore to him that knows to good and does it not ,  IT IS SIN .

I am glad you confessed your fault dennis .  But specially since you know it is wrong ,  you really need not to do it .    We all should take our walk far more serious .

Ps,  you wont be held accountable IF you repent of it .    I think everyone has erred before .   But if we cease it , all is well .

We really should deeply ponder on this .     The thing is even if we have read the bible,  the more we read it  , the more it refreshes and sharpens , and reminds

us how the early church saw error , versus how today its seen .    Way more serious back then .   Just reminding us all .    

• Thumbs Up 1