• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

8 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

So it is not required or necessary to study Islam to any great depth in order to simply share the Gospel.  

I never side it was required or necessary to study Islam in share the Gospel. Go back and read what I said. Did I say you have to study Islam? No I said God can and dose use different ways of reaching people. That we are to listen to how the Spirit is leading us.   

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.11
  • Days Won:  4

7 minutes ago, Davida said:

You post Taqqiya, smoke screens, utter lies and propaganda & make false accusations upon anyone who speaks the facts-- so give us a royal break.  The lies & tactics are blatant. I wouldn't respond at all --only for the purpose of warning others of the deception in your posts. 

Badjao is the only person participating in this conversation that has actually done enough work and research to present a knowledgeable argument. And some people just can't stand it that facts are more reliable than opinion.

It is downright shameful that the OP (Reaching Muslims for Christ) has been dragged down into this recurrent set of arguments. Christians should be attempting to reach ALL people for the sake of Christ and His kingdom!

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
34 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

How did Paul know what the Greek poets said about their gods? He literally quotes one of their poets in his sermon. 

Yes, Paul was culturally relevant and knowledgeable.   But Paul had ONE message and it was the cross.  On occasion, he quoted from a secular source, but Paul's message was consistent and it was the Gospel.   He didn't have to change his message around to fit this or that culture.  Paul was a man of his times and he spoke as such.  

34 minutes ago, Davida said:

Yours is a completely uninformed opinion. 

That's debatable, but I'm not railing empty rhetoric against facts.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest PinkBelt
6 hours ago, Adstar said:

Most muslims are ignorant of the quran and the accepted hadiths and their teachings.. Only a minority are well read muslims and only a minority of them are willing to be true devout muslims and wage jihad to the letter of the qurans teachings... muslims remind me of most of my former catholic religionists.. religion to them was what the local priest or nun at school told them religion was.. Most of the catholics i knew never even read the catholic Catechism.. I never found out about the actual way of Salvation until i read a Bible for myself in my early 20's and i had been a altar boy for 10 years when i was younger... Islam to most muslims is what ever the local imam tells them it is during their Friday mosque visit and also what ever prayers they where told to recite by their parents..

The violent quotes from the quran are true.. But most muslims have no idea about them.. But there are muslims who do read the quran and the accepted hadiths and they are confronted with the actual evil truth of what is actually in the quran and Hadiths and they are put on the spot.. Are they going to be true devout muslims or are they going to reject the quran as the word of allah... Many of the minority of muslims who do read their books do end up waging jihad because dying whilst waging jihad is one of the sure fire ways of having ones place in paradise assured..

Apologists for islam within the Christian faith are enemies of the truth, they are traitors of the LORD Jesus Christ..

The Lord can choose his own enemies and can certainly speak for himself.

31 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

On occasion, he quoted from a secular source, but Paul's message was consistent and it was the Gospel.   He didn't have to change his message around to fit this or that culture.  Paul was a man of his times and he spoke as such.  

I must've missed a post that suggested reaching Muslims with anything other than the Gospel.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest PinkBelt
1 minute ago, Badjao33 said:

Exactly. Paul was a Jew, a Roman citizen, and born in Tarsus, a Grecian city. There is no doubt why Jesus chose him to be the minister among the Gentiles. How better to reach them with His gospel than to send someone who is well educated in their customs, traditions, and their gods. Paul is the perfect example to those who want to spread the gospel to those who are from different cultures or faiths than our own today. If we want to reach a people group from a different culture or faith, then it only makes sense to understand how and what they believe before we start sharing what we believe to them.

"For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a slave to all, so that I may win more. To the Jews I became as a Jew, so that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law though not being myself under the Law, so that I might win those who are under the Law; to those who are without law, as without law, though not being without the law of God but under the law of Christ, so that I might win those who are without law. To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak; I have become all things to all men, so that I may by all means save some. I do all things for the sake of the gospel, so that I may become a fellow partaker of it." (1 Corinthians 9:19-23)

As was the case with Paul, there is no reason for our message to change or not be consistent with the gospel of Jesus Christ in order to do this. Missionaries going into foreign lands and with little or no knowledge about the culture of the people they are trying to reach can do a lot of damage. Not only to those they went in hopes of saving, but also to the missionaries who follow after them. Many reasons why countries restrict proselytizing is because of the way missionaries in the past have disrespected their culture and people. A big reason there is a division between Christians and Muslims today is because many missionaries that go into their communities talk to them the way many talk about Muslims and Islam in this forum. They also see how Christians in the west distort Islam to make them and their religion look bad.  It's a major problem and one of the main reasons I am so outspoken on this subject here. 

Trying to explain facts, and attempting to reason with the unreasonable is not worth your energy and only makes them more certain their incorrect views are the right ones.

Guest PinkBelt
2 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

You realize that poisoning the well is a well-known and discredited debate tactic, correct?

In many circles in today's secular world today's "fact's" are yesterday's lies.

"Poisoning the well" is when you try to distract someone from the facts with negative emotion and imagery. Also known as an ad hominem or smearing. I didn't do any of that, nor is it in my nature to insult people.

Guest shiloh357
19 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

Exactly. Paul was a Jew, a Roman citizen, and born in Tarsus, a Grecian city. There is no doubt why Jesus chose him to be the minister among the Gentiles. How better to reach them with His gospel than to send someone who is well educated in their customs, traditions, and their gods. Paul is the perfect example to those who want to spread the gospel to those who are from different cultures or faiths than our own today. If we want to reach a people group from a different culture or faith, then it only makes sense to understand how and what they believe before we start sharing what we believe to them.

"For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a slave to all, so that I may win more. To the Jews I became as a Jew, so that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law though not being myself under the Law, so that I might win those who are under the Law; to those who are without law, as without law, though not being without the law of God but under the law of Christ, so that I might win those who are without law. To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak; I have become all things to all men, so that I may by all means save some. I do all things for the sake of the gospel, so that I may become a fellow partaker of it." (1 Corinthians 9:19-23)

That is simply talking about empathizing with the audience.   It's not that we should not know about the culture and know the language.   Paul was a Roman Citizen.  He was culturally relevant.  Paul's success was in the message he preached because that is what God anointed.  Paul was persistent and consistent and he said that he determined to know nothing among his audience save, Christ and him crucified.

Paul never left the Roman Empire. And for good reason.   Paul had protection and rights as a Roman citizen that he would not have had outside of the Empire.  Paul only went to Roman colonies or freed colonies.  He didn't go and learn the Chinese culture or the pagan Arab culture of the time period.  Paul was raised a Jew in the Roman empire and as such, he was already familiar with the Jewish, Hellenistic and Roman cultures and ways of life.   It was not something he had to go and study. 

And Paul's was offensive to the cultures he preached in.   Paul offended a lot of them and got thrown in prison as a result.   Paul preached that Jesus was Lord, and while we take that for granted, that was treason in the Roman Empire, because the only "lord" of the Empire was Caesar. Paul offended a lot of people was actually counter to  the existing culture.   Paul was mocked and beaten and stoned, whipped, imprisoned, starved, and we are worried today that we might offend someone.   The Gospel is offensive.  Paul said it is a stumbling block to the Jews and foolishness (GK. "moronic") to the Gentiles.  It is an offensive message if it is preached correctly.  

As was the case with Paul, there is no reason for our message to change or not be consistent with the gospel of Jesus Christ in order to do this. Missionaries going into foreign lands and with little or no knowledge about the culture of the people they are trying to reach can do a lot of damage. Not only to those they went in hopes of saving, but also to the missionaries who follow after them. Many reasons why countries restrict proselytizing is because of the way missionaries in the past have disrespected their culture and people. A big reason there is a division between Christians and Muslims today is because many missionaries that go into their communities talk to them the way many talk about Muslims and Islam in this forum. They also see how Christians in the west distort Islam to make them and their religion look bad.  It's a major problem and one of the main reasons I am so outspoken on this subject here. 

No one has to distort the religion of Islam to make it look bad.   Muslims make Islam look bad all on their own without any distortion whatsoever.   

The distortion about Islam that pervades our country is that it is peaceful religion and that is the song that the liberals have been using to sing everyone to sleep for nearly two decades now.    It is that distortion that works against everything we intuitively observe about Islam and we are being told not to judge Islam on what they do, but on what they say.

The division between Christians and Muslims is the Gospel.  They are going to Hell and we are not.  We have the truth; they do not.  They are sinners under the judgment of God.  They have a much bigger problem than simply how we view their religion/government.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,015
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,277
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

On 8/7/2018 at 2:26 AM, Debp said:

I get prayer reports/letters including Muslim countries.  Many Muslims are now turning to Christ.   Christians help them in the overcrowded refugee camps and are kind to them, so they are touched and want to know about our Christian faith.   They accept Bibles and read them.  They look forward to the missionaries' visits.  Also, some Muslims from war-torn countries are disillusioned with Islam because of Muslim terrorists destroying their homes, towns, countries, bombing mosques, suicide bombers, etc.

So don't forget to reach out if you have a Muslim neighbor.   You never know if that person will be open to hearing about Christ.

Also, I've heard that Muslims are taught wrongly about what Christians are like.   So meeting real Christians and seeing what we are like... perhaps then they will question if they have been taught wrongly in other matters, like about the Christian faith.   Just some thoughts...

Also, there are many Muslims having visions of Jesus and then becoming Christians.

Quite a bit of discussion going on since I last read the posts here!

You can call me simple but I have never brought up or condemned the Quran or Muslim beliefs to my friends.  Instead I initially told them of how I was saved through Christ and found peace with God.  Then afterwards whenever an opportunity occurs, I try to quote what Jesus said or mention what Jesus teaches about the subject or problem.  I try with the Lord's help to lift up Jesus, rather than attacking someone's beliefs.  If they ask me about their beliefs, then I would tell them the truth.   But I think if you start out attacking someone's beliefs right away, it doesn't do any good...instead lift up Jesus and His salvation.   Also, of course, we should let our lights shine as Jesus taught us.    Christian love is essential to reach anyone....we are to love all people.

On another subject, I don't remember his name, but even a former terrorist is now a Christian and has a ministry.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1