• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,528
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Amen.

May I add success in sharing is not for the saint  to judge as it is not the saint that "converts" but instead it is the God the Holy Spirit.  

The saints are to go into all the world with the gospel of Jesus. All the world includes where we stand as well as next door and beyond.

The whole of the world's population is in transition all are migrants of a sort, either moving to foreign lands, having foreign politics affect local  politics, ghettos are moving about, work opportunity is changing ever more rapidly, housing, water availability,  near everything one can think of is affecting the world's population  causing massive migration and/or dramatic and serious volatility of it's population.

I might stay put, but my neighborhood will not, so I am a migrant of sorts no matter where I might be. I am in this world, but not of it, my duty is to stand my post as a soldier of Christ Jesus, no matter the situation, and as such my duty is to do all things to the glory of God. i am to reach out to my family my friends my neighbors and to strangers in all that I do.

I cannot select who I will share of my Lord with and who I will not. I can only be obedient or not be obedient to the cause that is my Lord's. It may be that i am led to go to a place and that place will have a predominance of a particular people, but the responsibility to my Lord is the same-share of the gospel of Jesus, share of the good news. Whenever I do that  I will have to overcome my own prejudices, yes prejudices for I have to own up to them and overcome them, seeing that  much like even the very apostles themselves were, I am terribly flawed and in need of the guidance of God the Holy Spirit if I am to be obedient to God's purpose in  creating me personally. 

That obedience requires what I often am not  up to without  a deliberate Holy Spirit led determination to share beyond my personal comfort zone, the zone that shares mental space with my own prejudices, my own sin of fear of man, man's opinions and man's threats real or merely perceived.

So encouragement in the form of a reminder is good for me, my spirit and soul. Thanks!

• Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

Adding a few thoughts-

I just returned from my own homeland Boston Massachusetts, Lakes region New Hampshire, and Southern coastal Maine- my home turf. Homeland is no longer what it was in my mind's eye.  It is a foreign land to me now. Oh it is the hub of patriotism still,  everywhere there is something posted that carries a patriotic theme.

There were even five breaks celebrating patriotism during the Red Sox game at Fenway Park that I attended. The Boston Tea Party Museum re-inactment play was fun and educational  to even this native son. But; the population the people are all different, very different in most every respect, many wear clothing that telegraphs of an entirely different culture, a foreign world even.

When I went to lower Maine to spend  time at the beaches of my youth the Methodist church  I drove by had a rainbow banner flying at it's main entry, the whole town had rainbow banners celebrating, celebrating what is the rebellion against God of it's people. The beach had men walking hand in hand as man with a woman. It was Sodom, alive at my own homeland.

The point is that I had culture shock  at re-visiting my own homeland! It appears nothing is static, all is fluid. So perhaps going into all the world has a meaning  different from that  of a 1950's geography teacher's lessons to me. I am always going into all the world even when standing still. Opportunity to share of the gospel with the unsaved world of people of so many foreign to me cultures is right under my feet, no matter where I am at any moment.

All that I may do or not do is on display to an unsaved world. Literally all the world is right in my face it is not over there somewhere else. And so  there is a higher responsibility too, - always, always have Jesus at the heart of what I am doing. The old man is the enemy within, he must be suppressed like never before and testimony from the new man must prevail at all time.

Praise God for the challenge to all of us individually to show of Him within each of us His saints in Christ Jesus  as the bearers of the Good news of salvation, by all and in all that each of us does. The saint must share boldly that; It is by Christ Jesus alone  and only through Jesus who is God that anyone may be saved to have life eternal with God.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, Debp said:

Also, I've heard that Muslims are taught wrongly about what Christians are like.   So meeting real Christians and seeing what we are like...

Hopefully they do not encounter "Christians" who want Muslims deported for just being Muslims. I know some "Christians" who are like that. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

The Sons of Ishmael are being called by Jesus Christ. Muhammed was a true son of Ishmael, his family was famous in Mecca because of this linage. While the Sons of Isaac, the Jews are being Grafted Back In (Romans 11), Ishmael is being called forth from the Wilderness to embrace the Word of God. In Iran, one million were saved (last year), and the Ayotallah Komenei and the President of Iran confessed, "we are unable to stop this movement, every time we persecute Christianity, it grows." Certainly, some many fear this is massive Taqiyya, a ruse from the Muslims who pretend to be Christian to infilrate. To this I say we should not fear, for God has not given us a spirit of fear, "but of power, love, and a sound mind." (2 Timothy 1:7).

In case you have a hard time having compassion for Muslims, I want you to know that they live under 27 fears, one of which if they don't go to bed in proper positon Allah will become indignant with them. Allah is said to never help Muslims, they must do everything in his name, they know not the power of God, so they need to see the Power of God in His Spirtual Gifts, and Muslims do not know God loves them, it is said that Allah hates sinners (Q'uran), when our God Jesus Christ loved us while we were sinners and enemies of God (Romans 5:4-11).

The reason Muslims commit acts of violence is mainly this. In the Koran/Q'uran they are told of two paths to paradise: Jihad Ashgar and Jihad Akbar. Jihad Ashgar is to live sinless life or holy life of doing enough good works and resisting sin so that when they appear before Allah, their good deeds will outweigh their bad deeds on scale. Jihad Akbar, which Muhammed gave as indulgence during the holy wars on Medina and Mecca, promises that any Mujahedeen who dies in Jihad Akbar, holy war and kills the infidels will be given instant and certain access to paradise. It is creepy how the Catholic Crusading indulgence mirrors Jihad Akbar to the letter, probably because the Catholic Monks brough the Koran back in 6th century and studied it and thought some of ideas were, sigh, helpful for the warrior class of Europe.. Thus, a Muslim who is truly concerned about paradise, will opt for Jihad Akbar because its a certainty of salvation for them. They infatically ignore the next paradox Muhammed introduced, where he said he no longer wanted to prusue Jihad Akbar but go back to purity of Jihad Ashgar. This makes Muhmmad no saint, nor does it aquit him of his genocidal raids on the Arab caravans and tribes, and skirmishes into Europe, Greece (Byzantium), and Africa and his propogating of a false religion.

Most shocking of all is that Muhammed admitted something was wrong with his revelation. After going to the cave and Gibreal the angel appearing to him, and having fallen into a great fear and trembling and convulsions (Karen Armstong, Holy War), Muhammed returned to his first and wealthy older wife Khaji. Muhammed told her that he believed the angel was a jinn (genie, evil spirit, Disney's Aladdin is not how genies are, they are evil in Arabic literature who trick you), an evil spirit and that the revelation was evil. But Khaji convinced Muhammed to believe in the revelation from the cave (by the way, pagans use to go into deep caves, and open the gates of hades and talk to gods like Pan in the time of Jesus). This is all recorded in the First Hadith, the writings of Muhammed. Sad, all of the problems today with Islam could have been averted if its own prophet had gone with his gut.

I mean no disrespect to Muslims guests reading the forum, but these are the words of the Muslim Prophet. He doubted the revelation and was afraid. In our Bible every time an angel appears that is from God is says, "And the angel said unto them, Fear Not, behold, I bring you tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people (that includes Arabs, Turks, Iranians, Ishmaelites, and beyond), For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord." (Luke 2:10-11)

If you want to read more on how Muhammed doubted, what happened in Mecca, and how to share the Gospel with Muslims and understand what fears bind them, and hold them captive (so as to pray) I recommend you check out this book (its in seminaries, but you can get it on amazon.com), "How Islam Plans to Change the World," by William Wagner, publish date April 9th, 2012, Kregel Publishers. The book cover has the dome of a mosque with crescent, a blue sky in background and white sleeves, and binding.

Wagner explores the 27 fears that bind Muslims.

He explores how the Love of God (John 3:16, 1 John 4:8) and the Power of God (1 Corinthians 12:4-11) are key to evangelization fo Muslims.

He shares the Five Pillars of Islam, the Wars in Mecca, the Q'uranic verses that fuel Jihad Akbar, He shares how Muhammed doubted in the First Hadith, and more.

He shares persoanl stories, of how he took some Muslim men who had converted to Christianity to a Chuch Mosque, a church that looks like a Mosque, but worships Jesus and not Allah. The men told him, "we have been set free by Christ, why would we go back to this bondage."

Its a great resource if you want to know more about what Muslism believe, their history, and how they are getting saved in droves around the world; he even gives five senrios for the future between the Cross and Cresent.

Edited by Fidei Defensor
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Thanks 2

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,276
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

9 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

The Sons of Ishmael are being called by Jesus Christ. Muhammed was a true son of Ishmael, his family was famous in Mecca because of this linage. While the Sons of Isaac, the Jews are being Grafted Back In (Romans 11), Ishmael is being called forth from the Wilderness to embrace the Word of God. In Iran, one million were saved (last year), and the Ayotallah Komenei and the President of Iran confessed, "we are unable to stop this movement, every time we persecute Christianity, it grows." Certainly, some many fear this is massive Taqiyya, a ruse from the Muslims who pretend to be Christian to infilrate. To this I say we should not fear, for God has not given us a spirit of fear, "but of power, love, and a sound mind." (2 Timothy 1:7).

In case you have a hard time having compassion for Muslims, I want you to know that they live under 27 fears, one of which if they don't go to bed in proper positon Allah will become indignant with them. Allah is said to never help Muslims, they must do everything in his name, they know not the power of God, so they need to see the Power of God in His Spirtual Gifts, and Muslims do not know God loves them, it is said that Allah hates sinners (Q'uran), when our God Jesus Christ loved us while we were sinners and enemies of God (Romans 5:4-11).

The reason Muslims commit acts of violence is mainly this. In the Koran/Q'uran they are told of two paths to paradise: Jihad Ashgar and Jihad Akbar. Jihad Ashgar is to live sinless life or holy life of doing enough good works and resisting sin so that when they appear before Allah, their good deeds will outweigh their bad deeds on scale. Jihad Akbar, which Muhammed gave as indulgence during the holy wars on Medina and Mecca, promises that any Mujahedeen who dies in Jihad Akbar, holy war and kills the infidels will be given instant and certain access to paradise. It is creepy how the Catholic Crusading indulgence mirrors Jihad Akbar to the letter, probably because the Catholic Monks brough the Koran back in 6th century and studied it and thought some of ideas were, sigh, helpful for the warrior class of Europe.. Thus, a Muslim who is truly concerned about paradise, will opt for Jihad Akbar because its a certainty of salvation for them. They infatically ignore the next paradox Muhammed introduced, where he said he no longer wanted to prusue Jihad Akbar but go back to purity of Jihad Ashgar. This makes Muhmmad no saint, nor does it aquit him of his genocidal raids on the Arab caravans and tribes, and skirmishes into Europe, Greece (Byzantium), and Africa and his propogating of a false religion.

Most shocking of all is that Muhammed admitted something was wrong with his revelation. After going to the cave and Gibreal the angel appearing to him, and having fallen into a great fear and trembling and convulsions (Karen Armstong, Holy War), Muhammed returned to his first and wealthy older wife Khaji. Muhammed told her that he believed the angel was a jinn (genie, evil spirit, Disney's Aladdin is not how genies are, they are evil in Arabic literature who trick you), an evil spirit and that the revelation was evil. But Khaji convinced Muhammed to believe in the revelation from the cave (by the way, pagans use to go into deep caves, and open the gates of hades and talk to gods like Pan in the time of Jesus). This is all recorded in the First Hadith, the writings of Muhammed. Sad, all of the problems today with Islam could have been averted if its own prophet had gone with his gut.

I mean to disrespect to Muslims guests reading the forum, but these are the words of the Muslim Prophet. He doubted the revelation and was afraid. In our Bible every time an angel appears that is from God is says, "And the angel said unto them, Fear Not, behold, I bring you tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people (that includes Arabs, Turks, Iranians, Ishmaelites, and beyond), For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord." (Luke 2:10-11)

If you want to read more on how Muhammed doubted, what happened in Mecca, and how to share the Gospel with Muslims and understand what fears bind them, and hold them captive (so as to pray) I recommend you check out this book (its in seminaries, but you can get it on amazon.com), "How Islam Plans to Change the World," by William Wagner, publish date April 9th, 2012, Kregel Publishers. The book cover has the dome of a mosque with crescent, a blue sky in background and white sleeves, and binding.

Wagner explores the 27 fears that bind Muslims.

He explores how the Love of God (John 3:16, 1 John 4:8) and the Power of God (1 Corinthians 12:4-11) are key to evangelization fo Muslims.

He shares the Five Pillars of Islam, the Wars in Mecca, the Q'uranic verses that fuel Jihad Akbar, He shares how Muhammed doubted in the First Hadith, and more.

He shares persoanl stories, of how he took some Muslim men who had converted to Christianity to a Chuch Mosque, a church that looks like a Mosque, but worships Jesus and not Allah. The men told him, "we have been set free by Christ, why would we go back to this bondage."

Its a great resource if you want to know more about what Muslism believe, their history, and how they are getting saved in droves around the world; he even gives five senrios for the future between the Cross and Cresent.

Very informative, thank you!

If it is not too much trouble, can you briefly list the 27 fears of Muslims?   Even having to go to bed in a certain position, I had never heard of that before.  No wonder many Muslims are now coming to Christ!

• Thumbs Up 3

10 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

I mean to disrespect to Muslims guests reading the forum,

Or is it supposed to read," I mean no disrespect".... no instead of to?

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,445
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/7/2018 at 4:26 AM, Debp said:

I get prayer reports/letters including Muslim countries.  Many Muslims are now turning to Christ.   Christians help them in the overcrowded refugee camps and are kind to them, so they are touched and want to know about our Christian faith.   They accept Bibles and read them.  They look forward to the missionaries' visits.  Also, some Muslims from war-torn countries are disillusioned with Islam because of Muslim terrorists destroying their homes, towns, countries, bombing mosques, suicide bombers, etc.

So don't forget to reach out if you have a Muslim neighbor.   You never know if that person will be open to hearing about Christ.

Also, I've heard that Muslims are taught wrongly about what Christians are like.   So meeting real Christians and seeing what we are like... perhaps then they will question if they have been taught wrongly in other matters, like about the Christian faith.   Just some thoughts...

Also, there are many Muslims having visions of Jesus and then becoming Christians.

Great post Debp, thank you.

I've also heard various reports of Muslim's having visions of Jesus in Iran, and many, many converting to Christianity, even under penalty of death. The Bible says Iran is going to eventually have a bright future!

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, Badjao33 said:

For those who have a heart for Muslims and want to reach out to them with the gospel, I would like to recommend this free course that can be taken entirely online. It's called "The Gospel and Islam" and is offered for free by Trinity Video Seminary. It can be found with a google search. I didn't want to include the link because it might be considered soliciting, and I don't want to break the terms of service of the forum.

I have been studying Islam for more than three decades now and have taken classes and courses from both Christian and Islamic schools/sources over the years. Someone asked me to review this course a few months ago and give them my opinion on it, and I can say that this course is a must for those who want to minister to Muslims. Based on my knowledge of Islam, it gives sound teachings on this religion and how Muslims believe. There are several written assignments and you will have to pay attention to the lectures to do well on the exams and be able move on to the next topic. There are also a lot of resources available to download for free including a PDF copy of the book  "A Muslim and a Christian in Dialogue (Christians Meeting Muslims)" which was co-written by Badru D. Kateregga (A Muslim) and David W. Shenk (A Christian). That book alone is worth reading even if you don't take the course. 

Below is an outline of the course and the topics covered.

The Gospel and Islam

This course is designed to  enable believers in Jesus Christ to understand the message of Islam and to be equipped to faithfully commend the Gospel of reconciliation in their engagement with Muslims.

Course Objectives

This course will help students:

• to understand the beliefs and practices of Muslims;
  • to embrace the good news of the Gospel of reconciliation;
  • to equip disciples of Jesus for the calling to commend Christ;
  • to deepen the commitment and develop approaches to peacemaking relations   between Muslims and Christians;
  • to prepare for informed theological discourse and dialogue with Muslims.

Course Outline:

Introduction

Topic 1. Journey with Muslims

Topic 2. Quiz — What Do You Know About Islam?

Topic 3. Early Theological Formation in the Arabian Background

Topic 4. The Muslim Community (Ummah)

Topic 5. Muslim Theology and Praxis

Topic 6. Adam and Eve

Topic 7. Abraham, Ishmael and Isaac

Topic 8. Muhammad and Jesus

Topic 9. The Qur’an and the Bible

Topic 10. Tanzil and Incarnation

Topic 11. The Hijrah and the Cross

Topic 12. Medina and Jerusalem

Topic 13. Tawhid and Trinity

Topic 14. The Hajj and the Eucharist

Topic 15. Shari’a is Muslim Law

Topic 16. The Shi’a or Shi’ite Muslims

Topic 17. Sufi Mystics

Topic 18. Folk and Secularist Islam

Topic 19. Principles for Ministry Among Muslims

Topic 20. An Open Door (Revelation 3:7-12)

Man I hope folks can see right through this .    Since when do we have to learn of evil to become better witness  OF OUR OWN GOSPLE .

NOPE , I will skip all this .   ALL we need IS CHRIST ,  IF HE IS TRULY IN US ,  THEN HE WILL GIVE US the words .  

I don't need to learn about buddism to speak the gospel .to buddists .  

I don't need to learn about the Koran to speak the gospel to muslims

DOES GOD himself NOT KNOW the exact words anyone needs to hear .     Foks this is how people fall away .  we trust in our own devices and such

I can not even imagine JESUS saying , GO LEARN from the Koran , so you can understand better how to reach these peoples .

HE said I will give you a mouth and wisdom .

HE said I WILL SEND the comforter and what HE hears that will HE TELL YOU .

yall this is just another way of getting folks all messed up .    Sounds like an offshoot of seeker friendly concepts and how THEY learned from men HOW to evangelize .

DID not work out ,  this wont either .     IF our trust is NOT IN CHRIST alone to give us the words we need ,  THEN WE BETTER GET THERE FAST .

men are deceivers , always have been , always will be .  We don't need to learn from the Koran or any other book for that matter on how to win any particular type person .

ALL WE NEED IS TO LEARN CHRIST and HE ALONE gives us ALL WE NEED to both endure and preach the true gospel .     HOPE this sinks in well . 

• This is Worthy 1

• Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

On 8/7/2018 at 5:26 AM, Debp said:

Also, there are many Muslims having visions of Jesus and then becoming Christians.

I agree, about a year ago I found quite a few you tube videos about Muslims who either had a vision of Jesus, a dream of Jesus, or in some other way came to believe Jesus is God's Son and these people converted. Some of the stories are astounding and miraculous. Unfortunately not all the stories are happy. Some of those Muslims were killed by their own people for accepting Jesus. I know they went straight to heaven but it makes me realize we ought not to complain in America.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1