IGNORED

Muslims Turning to Christ

Debp

Guest PinkBelt
11 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

*Re-entering this topic for a moment*

Translation: "Walk away from this fight, while I hurl one last insult in a left-handed manner and insinuate that folks in this topic trying to counter false teaching are wrong."

Well, I am so dreadfully sorry that we bothered you by daring to disagree with you, Pinkbelt; we go by Scripture, not the "feel good" pablum that liberal thinking espouses and the "Red Leter" movement seems to dive headlong into. If you believe that we're wrong for  for warning people that Islam is not the "warm and fuzzy" religion that it wants people to think it is, then consider the following for starters:

Jesus says He's the Son of God, the Qur'an says He isn't. Which one do you believe? And even more so: are you willing to stand up for the truth and tell people that the Qur'an is wrong, approves lying and promotes murder?

Cobalt has the right of it here:

Both Islam and Christianity cannot be right at the same time, since they both have claims that contradict one another. Perhaps its' time you ask yourself what the drive is that is leading the charge to make every religion a legitimate "way to God", when God has specified only one way?

I've actually not participated in this conversation at all other than my comments about arguing, nor have I said a thing about Islam whatsoever since I joined this community. Unless you are claiming psychic powers you should refrain from making baseless accusations against people or putting thoughts in their head which they have never expressed. It's called false witness.

I have a policy of not engaging in petty arguments or launching personal attacks regardless of who the individual is. As a Christian I am a representative of Christ's love and mercy, ergo I will not engage in behavior that drives people from him. The bible is very clear that anyone responsible for turning one of God's children away from him is in very deep spiritual trouble. I doubt any Muslim who happens by this site is going to read the countless threads attacking them and stay long enough to learn about Jesus. Nor quite honestly do I think the people making such threads give a whit if Muslims get saved or not. If they DID, they would try to bring them in so they can be witnessed.

You can tell from someone's tone where their heart is. Demonization, lies and attacks do not draw people to Christ, nor are the people here engaging in that behavior trying to lead people to Christ. They hide their animosity by claiming "I'm only telling the truth about ----" but that really is just a dodge. When you point out their blatant anti-Christian behavior they go into this routine of "Who me? How dare you! I'm just telling the TRUTH!" Telling the "truth" in a malicious way is just another form of bullying and attack. It's like telling your wife she looks like a fat pig in her new dress and saying "Just being honest" when she cries.

If one really cares about people they would engage them constructively and make them feel welcome.  Jesus reserved his harshest words not for pagans and other outsiders but for his fellow Jews and occasionally even his followers. He was never too good to talk to people and never made people feel like he was sneering at them. He ate with the lowest rungs of society, pagans, prostitutes and tax collectors to name a few. At no point in the bible is he recorded as turning towards them and launching into aggressive demeaning tirades.

In short, the reason you don't see me engaging in that same belittling behavior towards Muslims that you and some others here do is not because I am some apologist for Islam. I believe all people are made in the image of God, even Arabs and Muslims, and I want to be as good a representative of Christ as I can possibly be so that I can be a good witness when called on. That you and Cobalt attack me incessantly for what you think are my politics and not the content of my words is an indication that you have no leg to stand on in the area of facts and ideas.

Edited by PinkBelt

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hello Debp

I want to give you a big thumbs-up for being so knowledgeable about missions.  How wonderful!  We all hear about the magnificent work of the Lord amongst people in other countries and how God is moving by bringing many Muslims to salvation.  Being able to read all this, though, is the icing on the cake.  Thank you very much, sister.

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,017
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,296
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

7 hours ago, SisterActs2 said:

Hello Debp

I want to give you a big thumbs-up for being so knowledgeable about missions.  How wonderful!  We all hear about the magnificent work of the Lord amongst people in other countries and how God is moving by bringing many Muslims to salvation.  Being able to read all this, though, is the icing on the cake.  Thank you very much, sister.

Thanks SisterActs2, so glad you are enjoying the good reports about the Muslim world being reached for Christ.   I hope others will feel free to join in, too, with any stories they hear on this subject.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

The Muslim Fulani are the largest nomadic tribe in the world, numbering in the tens of millions.   They wander with their cattle across the savannahs of West Africa.

One herdsman let his cattle decimate the crops of a farmer (they believe they have the right to roam anywhere).  Instead of anger, the farmer approached the herdsman with gentleness.   The farmer was a missionary and he ended up leading the herdsman and his family to Christ.

Tribal elders insisted that the man recant his faith in Christ.  When he wouldn't, they falsely accused him of a crime and imprisoned him for three years.  The elders also tortured him and threatened his family.   The elders eventually poisoned all three of the man's children.

The man remained faithful to the Lord and upon being released, he started evangelizing among his fellow Fulani.   He has a fruitful ministry and there are an increasing number of Fulani believing on the Lord.   The man opened a special center where the new believers can have shelter as they are discipled in God's word.

Info from indigenous mission.

Note: These indigenous missions are all supported through Christian Aid Mission.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Debp said:

The Muslim Fulani are the largest nomadic tribe in the world, numbering in the tens of millions.   They wander with their cattle across the savannahs of West Africa.

One herdsman let his cattle decimate the crops of a farmer (they believe they have the right to roam anywhere).  Instead of anger, the farmer approached the herdsman with gentleness.   The farmer was a missionary and he ended up leading the herdsman and his family to Christ.

Tribal elders insisted that the man recant his faith in Christ.  When he wouldn't, they falsely accused him of a crime and imprisoned him for three years.  The elders also tortured him and threatened his family.   The elders eventually poisoned all three of the man's children.

The man remained faithful to the Lord and upon being released, he started evangelizing among his fellow Fulani.   He has a fruitful ministry and there are an increasing number of Fulani believing on the Lord.   The man opened a special center where the new believers can have shelter as they are discipled in God's word.

Note: These indigenous missions are all supported through Christian Aid Mission.

"Christian Aid Mission" ( which you mentioned ) was started by 

Bob Finley - a pioneer in "indigenous missions."

He was much criticized by traditional missions.

I had an opportunity to meet him. -many years ago..

---

Some of "traditional missions" are using

his concept / ideas nowadays.

Paradigm shift has been going on in world missions.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

14 minutes ago, Global Mission said:

"Christian Aid Mission" ( which you mentioned ) was started by 

Bob Finley - a pioneer in "indigenous missions."

He was much criticized by traditional missions.

I had an opportunity to meet him. -many years ago..

---

Some of "traditional missions" are using

his concept / ideas nowadays.

Paradigm shift has been going on in world missions.

Yes, he had a great idea...once there are indigenous Christians in countries, since they already know the language and the culture, let's support them to do the ministry in their own countries.   Of course, each native ministry is thoroughly checked out to make sure it's reliable with sound doctrine and handling of finances.  I like that Christian Aid concentrates on countries that are poor and/or closed to missionaries.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1

In Bangladesh, 10% of Muslims follow Sufism.  It's a form of Islamic mysticism.  Five years ago a Sufi Muslim was led to Christ by an indigenous pastor.   The former Sufi has now preached Christ for five years.  Now more than 500 Muslims follow Christ due to this man's ministry.

Earlier this year an indigenous ministry held meetings...2,000 Sufi background believers attended one meeting, and 1,200 attended another meeting.  Many new souls came to the Lord.   The ministry continues outreach and follows up with baptism, discipleship and gathering the new believers into fellowships.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

Guest PinkBelt
8 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

Addressing your first paragraph...

Is this your other account Cobalt? I'm not biting so stop stalking me on the forums.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, PinkBelt said:

Is this your other account Cobalt? I'm not biting so stop stalking me on the forums.

I have known both for years. They are 2 different distinct people. You have made 2 false accusations. 1) Saying they are the same person. 2) Claiming they are stalking you on the forums. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

I know of at least one muslim (who was already seeking Him) who came to this site and ended up saved. Unfortunately I know of many more muslims who have come here trying to convert us to islam. 

• Brilliant! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1