• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

18 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

See what you are doing is you're  applying fancy verbatim  to bend scripture to your opinion.Jesus makes his point very straight forward and clear in the verse  that remarriagr except for fornication is leading to adultery.

You need to be careful because you and staying alive are using your opinion to encourage the lady to sin.  if you do that you could be setting yourself up for God to deal with you. 

and yes divorce  and remarriage aren't the unforgivable sin but that doesn't mean we should wilfully sin knowing God will forgive us. 

Some things have refused to change,going back all the way to the days of Jesus.The Letter of the Law vs.the Spirit of the Law.Its on full display in this thread.Which did Jesus prefer ?A Sister in anguish, I’m sure she is gaining comfort from this intellectual debate about the Letter of the Law.Once we ascertain the exact legal point of her transgression,then maybe we can move on to the degree of forgiveness we bestow upon her. Should she be forgiven seven time or seven time seventy? My vote goes with the latter.Careful how you vote — you yourself may need some forgiveness someday.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

im confused? at what point did it seem like there was a lack of forgiveness. all im doing is trying to keep her from sinning.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 7:47 AM, Jen77 said:

I am new in reading the Bible, and last night I read this passage that made me close the book and start crying.  In Matthew 5:32, Jesus denounces divorce, stating that any man who divorces his wife other than for adultery, has caused her to become and adulteress.  I got divorced after 12 years for reasons other than adultery.  I'm discouraged in reading this, because it basically means that I will never be honored with another relationship blessed by God, even if it is with a Godly man, because I have become an adulteress through my divorce.  I am only 32 and this is extremely depressing.  Any thoughts or words of encouragement on this? 

Jen, here is what you need to know.  The last thing I post here is the most important.

The is part of the Sermon on the Mount.  Jesus was talking to his people the Jews in this section, about laws they had been taught about and taught wrongly.

What had they been taught wrongly about divorce? 

• They, the men, had been taught that they could divorce their wives for any reason.  ANY reason:  burning the cooking, she gets too old or too fat, he tires of her, he suspects her of cheating, literally anything.  All they needed was to say, "She displeases me."  All they needed was a certificate of divorce.

Why were they wrong?  

• They took the teaching of Moses, which did allow for divorce in certain instances and blew it way out of proportion.  They manipulated Moses' words for their personal gain.  

What exactly did Moses say?

• In Deuteronomy 24, Moses said that if a man found his wife guilty of indecency, he could [not HAD TO] give her a certificate of divorce.  He further said that if she married another man, that she could not return to her first husband.   This was not commanding divorce and not promoting it.  The Jews took Moses words to mean that they could divorce willy-nilly and for invalid reasons.  They were wrong.

What did Jesus say?

• He said that if a man divorced his wife for these selfish and invalid reasons that he "made her" an adulteress.  Jesus was not condemning women and wives.  He was condemning this vile practice of divorce for selfish reasons.  He was telling these men that if they did this to their wives that if their wives remarried that it was THEIR fault for causing her to commit adultery. Women in those days just about could not do without a husband to live a safe life.

Is your marriage salvageable?  Could a reconciliation even be possible?  If not, then sadly,  don't seek one.

Before you enter another relationship, you must repent before God any of your responsibility for the divorce and spend a long season of time building up a relationship with God and reading the Bible over and over.

Only God can say if you are free to marry again or not.

Edited by Jayne
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

im confused? at what point did it seem like there was a lack of forgiveness. all im doing is trying to keep her from sinning.

Perhaps the confusion stems from you early post in regard to those “DIRECT COMMANDS”.I think you may mean well , but i’Ve got another direct command for you.If I were to cold-cock you in the face would you turn to offer me the other cheek ? Do I need to go any further down this road?You seem to come across as one who is willing to forgive her but not until she suffers enough first.God forbid somebody would “ get away with something”. Are you blind to the suffering she is currently enduring? I hope you are not the type that would “ cast the first stone”. She doesn’t need to be preached law. She knows she fell short.Let her and God work it out.You are taking on one heck of a load “trying to keep her from sinning”.Unless you are Holy Spirit Jr., let God’s convicting Spirit do its job.Its obvious He has.OUR JOB as Paul would say, is to forgive her and restore her to the fellowship.In a spirit of meekness.As I said earlier, YOU might be next to mess up.I pray with all of my heart that God will grant her wisdom in this matter.When we sin, God chastises us—- that is what she is presently experiencing.She should thank God for the chastisement, painful as it may be, for if we are not chastised by God in order to make us wiser ( not in order to get his “ pound of flesh”) we do not belong to him.Thank God for His Grace and use this new wisdom to get back on course.If a rocket ship that is heading for the moon gets off course do we shoot it down? Of course not! We nudge it this way and we nudge it that way until it reaches its goal.That is what God does with our lives.The further off course we go the more painful that nudge can be, but we are still headed for the goal.As far as Salvation goes, it’s like Zola Levitt used to say. When you stand before Jesus at the Bema Seat, if anybody would ever bring up this transgression, Christ is gonna say  “Sin? What sin? I don’t remember it” . This Sister needs to do as we all should do....Trust Jesus to guide you, learn from your mistakes and enjoy your life, do your best to live the life Jesus wants you to live and FORGIVE YOURSELF! “We are who are in Christ are no longer under condemnation” We are under grace, not Law......run , don’t walk from modern day Pharisees who would tell you different.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,776
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

Why the bible is silent about abusive and violent relationships? 

What did Jesus said about abusive and violent relationships?  

And how to deal with them. 

Did he say not to divorse? Or to divorse. 

How about the division of properties? 

The matrimonial home? 

Custody of children and the family pets. 

About women working , 

Single parenthood, Children borned out of marraige to married men, or women. 

The social and coultural world Jesus lived and fanction and teach, was not the real world. 

That world did not exist in the Gentiled world and cultural society Jesus sent the disciples to preach the Gospel. 

And the world the disciples found that time among the Gentiles is not the same today. 

Not only that, but there werebas it is the same today many, too many different types of Gentile. Societies, worlds and Cultures. 

Do you think the disciples ever told those words to people they heard from Jesus about divorse. 

Or they knew better not to get involved in the customs and coulture of the foreign people they met. 

Or they knew better, to practice "give to Ceasar what belings to Ceasar-Ceasar as local Patriarhical, or Chiften  coultures. 

Or they just stick to the Gospel, who just that will give them many enemies. 

Why would they medle with the customs of the people, to have an unbelieving husband kill them, 

Because in their coultures they are not divorced because of adultery. 

People live in "adultery", to have Cocubines and have children with them was the Norm. 

8 hours ago, Davida said:

That's how I read his post also.  

you know what i find funny. I'm being called a legalist and saying I'm putting chains  and what not.  and all I'm doing is simply quoting what Jesus said directly-save for fornication .   these guys are actually adding their slant to it by saying he used this word which when you go back to the root Greek it says ....... and when you go back to the root it means..... which can also be applied to........  therefore this one simple  straight forward statement actually has a far broader scope than it obviously does. And that Jesus didn't mean it to everyone but the Jews, which thebible in no way says.

That basically legalism too. but in this case,they're subtracting rules rather than adding. which arguably is worse.

• Thumbs Up 1

Somebody please move this to the video section if necessary .....I can’t do it

Jenn.....please check this guy out,and not just on this topic.....he could teach you much

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

On 8/9/2018 at 5:09 AM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Perhaps the confusion stems from you early post in regard to those “DIRECT COMMANDS”.I think you may mean well , but i’Ve got another direct command for you.If I were to cold-cock you in the face would you turn to offer me the other cheek ? Do I need to go any further down this road?You seem to come across as one who is willing to forgive her but not until she suffers enough first.God forbid somebody would “ get away with something”. Are you blind to the suffering she is currently enduring? I hope you are not the type that would “ cast the first stone”. She doesn’t need to be preached law. She knows she fell short.Let her and God work it out.You are taking on one heck of a load “trying to keep her from sinning”.Unless you are Holy Spirit Jr., let God’s convicting Spirit do its job.Its obvious He has.OUR JOB as Paul would say, is to forgive her and restore her to the fellowship.In a spirit of meekness.As I said earlier, YOU might be next to mess up.I pray with all of my heart that God will grant her wisdom in this matter.When we sin, God chastises us—- that is what she is presently experiencing.She should thank God for the chastisement, painful as it may be, for if we are not chastised by God in order to make us wiser ( not in order to get his “ pound of flesh”) we do not belong to him.Thank God for His Grace and use this new wisdom to get back on course.If a rocket ship that is heading for the moon gets off course do we shoot it down? Of course not! We nudge it this way and we nudge it that way until it reaches its goal.That is what God does with our lives.The further off course we go the more painful that nudge can be, but we are still headed for the goal.As far as Salvation goes, it’s like Zola Levitt used to say. When you stand before Jesus at the Bema Seat, if anybody would ever bring up this transgression, Christ is gonna say  “Sin? What sin? I don’t remember it” . This Sister needs to do as we all should do....Trust Jesus to guide you, learn from your mistakes and enjoy your life, do your best to live the life Jesus wants you to live and FORGIVE YOURSELF! “We are who are in Christ are no longer under condemnation” We are under grace, not Law......run , don’t walk from modern day Pharisees who would tell you different.

see this is a huge problem within society-  people overblowing  statements they don't like. the lgbtt use similar tactics  to make themselves  sympathetic. I never said anything  about me  forgiving her ( who am i? God? )or she needs to suffer for her 'sin' . All I did was repeat what Jesus said about divorce and remarriage. People are adding things to seemingly to mask tje fact that they just dont want to accept what He said.

Personally i don't like the principle because because see it as harsh. but my place isn't isn't to question God's word or dance around it. It's to obey

Edited by creativemechanic
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34

8 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

see this is a huge problem within society-  people overblowing  statements they don't like.

What I was seeing in BB 1953's post was carrying your perspective to its logical conclusion. It reminds me of the reaction I get when I tell people the government gives us all instruction at the point of a gun. It sounds harsh, but it's actually accurate. Would anyone pay their taxes if the government didn't come after you if you didn't? And would they not, if you refuse to comply, eventually come with guns? Yep. My daughter's friend is an IRS auditor. Part of her job is to spend time at the firing range and she shows up at field audits in a suit with a bullet proof vest and a gun.

Same thing here. Your position doesn't take into account the human condition. It is more of a Muslim perspective. i.e. here are the rules, here is which foot you enter the room with, here is when you pray, and in what direction to point your head. It is a "letter of the law" religion.

Christianity is a "spirit of the law" belief. We understand WHY our father sets down the rules he does. We also understand what he meant when he asked the Jews if they would save a sheep on the sabbath (technically breaking the sabbath).

So, Christians should not divorce. But once divorced, and still young, refusing to allow them to remarry is a recipe for disaster. It's what Paul was discussing when he said it is better to remain single, but...

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34

The link below may cover it. What I see there is "Don't find yourself a fan of 'serial monogamy', but if you are divorced and 'burn', for crying out loud, get married, before you become a Studio 54 or Mustang Ranch regular."

https://www.gotquestions.org/all-things-are-lawful.html