IGNORED

Well, I just experienced another "almost" crisis of faith.

Still Alive

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  528
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, Adstar said:

Yes i read that verse here i will quote it::

Hebrews 2:

9 "But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man."

So your belief that i have not read it was not correct..

I have no problems with the belief that The Body Jesus he existed in on earth in was made by God..  He had to have a created physical body to manifest in.. But i have a very big problem with the belief that Jesus was a created being.. Jesus is from everlasting to everlasting.. He was in the beginning with God and was God..

Since you seem to like to play games of "splitting hairs", the humanly-born man "Jesus" did not exist until He (The Word. or Logos) was physically birthed and received the name "Jesus", that His Earthly parents were told to give Him.  (and even though some of us think it was, His name wasn't even called "Jesus.")

Edited by Willie T
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, Adstar said:

I am curious.. Where does it say in the Bible that God fertilized one of Marys eggs? 

It's my interpretation based on what it does say. It's how an egg starts producing a baby boy. There have been very rare examples of women giving birth to babies without the egg being fertilized, but the offspring is always female. The process which produces a 30+ year old man with a y chromosome (assuming Jesus was fully man and not a transgender man) involves the fertilization of a female egg - or, at the very least, the miraculous changing of an unfertilized egg into a fertilized egg. i.e. at some point in time, God fertilized her egg, beginning the gestation period of the child who was to become the Christ.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

1 minute ago, Willie T said:

Since you seem to like to play games of "splitting hairs", the humanly-born man "Jesus" did not exist until He (The Word. or Logos) was physically birthed and received the name "Jesus", that His Earthly parents were told to give Him.

I try to never play games when fellowship with others about such an important issue..  May God forgive me if i ever do..  I see this discussion as an opportunity to share wisdom and understanding, to be a blessig to others..  It is unfortunate that in the last two posts you have attacked my motivations.. But the LORD Jesus knows all our motivations.. His will shall be done..

1 minute ago, Adstar said:

I try to never play games when fellowship with others about such an important issue..  May God forgive me if i ever do..  I see this discussion as an opportunity to share wisdom and understanding, to be a blessig to others..  It is unfortunate that in the last two posts you have attacked my motivations.. But the LORD Jesus knows all our motivations.. His will shall be done..

He certainly does.

9 minutes ago, Willie T said:

Since you seem to like to play games of "splitting hairs", the humanly-born man "Jesus" did not exist until He (The Word. or Logos) was physically birthed and received the name "Jesus", that His Earthly parents were told to give Him.  (and even though some of us think it was, His name wasn't even called "Jesus.")

I've often wondered if I should start, in church, calling him Yeshua, but I figured it would cause too much confusion. He knows what I mean, and I'm good with that. :)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Still Alive said:

I've often wondered if I should start, in church, calling him Yeshua, but I figured it would cause too much confusion. He knows what I mean, and I'm good with that. :)

…… and, even "Yeshua" is not what I have seen His Aramaic name was.  (That is just going by what I have seen online, so who knows?)

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

1 minute ago, Still Alive said:

The name of Jesus is actually a title.. God with us ...  So in any language His name can be translated so Jesus is as acceptable as any other translation of His name..

The Prophet Isaiah even declarted that God would speak His people in another tongue..

Isaiah 28: KJV

9 "¶ Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts. {10} For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little: {11} For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people."

So the dogma that the name of the Lord is only valid if voiced in the Hebrew language is not valid..

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if the Mexican men named Jesus carry the same meaning?  Some I have met on construction sites sure don't seem like God with us.

Edited by Willie T

11 minutes ago, Willie T said:

…… and, even "Yeshua" is not what I have seen His Aramaic name was.  (That is just going by what I have seen online, so who knows?)

Yeah. I almost didn't post that but knew you would get the idea. ;)

It's one of those "splitting hairs" things I don't think is worth arguing about.

There is a youtube channel called "unlearn the lies" that actually covers this in fair detail and in an interesting way.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Willie T said:

I wonder if the Mexican men named Jesus carry the same meaning?  Some I have met on construction sites sure don't seem like God with us

The Mexican man is not called Jesus Christ ..

Willie may I ask for how you are a Christian ?

I noticed some people getting very easy offended if they have a different understanding of something,this forum is to discuss what we believe and never to attach people,try to understand why they believe the way they believe and discuss things gracefully,nobody is better then another, we're all saved by grace .:)

• Thumbs Up 1