IGNORED

Well, I just experienced another "almost" crisis of faith.

Still Alive

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, Still Alive said:

Looks like you and I are on a very similar path, but you are a bit ahead of me. I'm with you on everything you posted there. I've been listening to the bible on my 3 hour round trip commute for the last four years and it's had an impact. A dramatic one, actually. Legalism is falling off like scales, as is my judgmentalism of others, though I may still get initially angry at the way some people drive. :)

I'm finding that I'm getting much more "laid back" about the whole thing. I get the feeling that so much of what we are taught in typical churches is kind of missing the spirit of what Jesus taught.

Also, I think that you and I had similar experiences as the gentleman in the OP, except we responded differently than he did. It reminds me of what happened to my wife. At age 27 and with three kids all under 8, her husband died of leukemia, and with no life insurance and limited health insurance. For many, that would destroy their faith. In her case, not only did it increase her faith, but she got a "little" miracle out of it. After he died, she was driving and pulled her car off the road and started yelling at God and calling him all sorts of names, while beating on the steering wheel and dashboard. Then a voice as clear as you or me sitting behind her said, "be at peace, child." She became completely calm and ended up raising, on her own, three amazing kids, all of whom are now pushing 40 and very successful in their own fields. And the grandkids are even more amazing.

My wife and I have both learned to simply trust Him in what could almost be called a "predestination" way. That is, pray, learn and do what we are guided to do and let the chips fall where they may, and everything will be fine.

I kinda like to put it this way: If a viper bites me in the hand, shake it off and move on. I am his. He is in control - no matter what happens.

I agree with you to rest in Jesus,nothing is out of His control and whatever happens ,He was already there as He knows our beginning and the end. In this life we will have tribulations,but I trust God will give me the strength to go through them , sometimes life things are just thrown at us and it takes us a while to really comprohened them but it gets better quick if we know who to trust for help, Jesus never leaves us , I,m more laid back then I was before too,and isn't it wonderful just to rest in His arms?

• Thumbs Up 2