Faith surpasses all understanding.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I have got the insight that faith is far more important than understanding. Understanding has limit, while faith has no limit. Faith surpasses all understanding. I think faith is the thing that you really need. Have for example faith in what Jesus did for you. I think faith in Jesus will protect you from all evil. I believe faith in Jesus can transform your whole life - as like moving a whole mountain. Have faith that anything is possible for God - which I believe is really a key-faith for transformation and miracles in your life. I think having faith in God will allow Him to work in and through you.

Have faith.

If you have own experiences of how faith has changed your life, you are free to share it here! I am just in the beginning of my journey with Jesus, and I am getting more insights.

"Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." - Jesus, Matthew 17:20

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5-6

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,561
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

The mustard seed is extremely small a seed a mere speck of a thing yet  it grows into a comparatively magnificent tree of up to 25 foot in height on a little watering.

Saints in Christ Jesus have similar opportunity for growth under the faith of Jesus who is God and became fully  man to die for us that we may live eternally with Him. 

From Charles Spurgeon comes this exposition on the meaning of the mustard seed parable: ( See http://www.godrules.net/library/spurgeon/45spurgeon16.htm for exposition of seven  parables within the book of Matthew )

... "31, 32. Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field: which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.

Mustard seed is the least of all seeds in proportion to that which comes of it; but it has a peculiar life in it, and therefore it produces so great a growth. The man in the parable we know: his field is the church, or the heart; he takes the seed which, perhaps, others neglect because they think it so small; he sows the living seed in his own field, and watches over it. It grows and grows, till at length it becomes the greatest among herbs , and is like to a tree. The results of the divine life in the soul are by no means little; but great graces, great projects, and great deeds are produced by it.

The work of grace in the church and in the individual, is so apparent, that persons who know as little about heavenly things as linnets and sparrows, come and find shelter beneath the holy and beneficent influences and institutions which are its outgrowth.

We could not have guessed that our Lord and his twelve apostles would produce the myriad churches of Christendom. We cannot even now tell whereto a humble effort to do good may grow. We know not to what our own inner life will come. It has an expanding power within it, and it will burst every bond, and grow to a thing which will cast shadow, yield fruit, and lend shelter. If the Lord has planted the incorruptible seed within, its destiny is a great one.

Good Master, hasten this blessed development. We have seen nearly enough of the mustard seed; now let us see the tree."....

Edited by Neighbor