• Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

11 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Jesus said "Blessed are you who have not seen and yet believe."

Another thing is that the heart is deceitfully wicked and prone to going astray.......we are to flee temptation, rather than inviting it.  Having icons and statues is unwise because it sets up a temptation, and who can tell the point at which one has crossed the line into idolatry in their hearts. 

And when something becomes entrenched as a part of one's religious culture that in itself becomes a problem because the people are in subjection to the religious culture and its trappings rather than in the liberty of the Lord.

We are not to stray from the simplicity of Christ.  He it is we are to follow....so maybe it would be helpful to ask, what example did He set for us in the way of icons and religious embellishments.....which ones did Jesus need or have?  The answer is none. (apart from what the Law required, which we are not under)

RIGHT ON SISTER .       WE follow Christ and HE don't lead us to idols .    

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

17 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

RIGHT ON SISTER .       WE follow Christ and HE don't lead us to idols .    

Is it an idol if it depicts Christ? If the image is of the Lord God Trinity how can it be an idol? 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17

1 hour ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Is it an idol if it depicts Christ? If the image is of the Lord God Trinity how can it be an idol? 

REAL easy  ,  it may have eyes , BUT CAN IT SEE .  it may have ears but can it hear ,  can it walk by itself or must it be carried .   

• Brilliant! 1

TRY and remember , WHEN Israel looked into the fire ,  WHAT shape of GOD did they see .    THEY DID NOT . 

Make no graven images and bow down to them .    

I don't need a crucifix or rosary beads , their is no power in them . THE LORD is not going to hear me better cause I have an object in my hand .

THE POWER is not in those ,   ONLY IN HE who no eye can see .      NOW ,  lets remind ROME , no bowing down to statues .    THEY aint the image of GOD .

they rock andstone and wood  and gold  all the devices of mens hands . and not a lick of it needed .    Thou shall not bow down and worship before those images  , MEANS what HE SAID .

Now fiedi ,  if you don't want to take my word for it,  being I am just a man,   AT LEAST TAKE GOD at HIS WORD on IT . 

• This is Worthy 1

16 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

REAL easy  ,  it may have eyes , BUT CAN IT SEE .  it may have ears but can it hear ,  can it walk by itself or must it be carried .   

And yet Moses erected a bronze serpent when God told him to, “The Lord sent fiery serpents among the people and they bit the people, so that many people of Israel died. So the people came to Moses and said, “We have sinned, because we have spoken against the Lordand you; intercede with the Lord, that He may remove the serpents from us.” And Moses interceded for the people. Then the Lord said to Moses, “[a]Make a fiery serpent, and set it on a standard; and it shall come about, that everyone who is bitten, when he looks at it, he will live.” And Moses made a bronze serpent and set it on the standard; and it came about, that if a serpent bit any man, when he looked to the bronze serpent, he lived.” (Numbers 21:6-9)

1 minute ago, Fidei Defensor said:

And yet Moses erected a bronze serpent when God told him to, “The Lord sent fiery serpents among the people and they bit the people, so that many people of Israel died. So the people came to Moses and said, “We have sinned, because we have spoken against the Lordand you; intercede with the Lord, that He may remove the serpents from us.” And Moses interceded for the people. Then the Lord said to Moses, “[a]Make a fiery serpent, and set it on a standard; and it shall come about, that everyone who is bitten, when he looks at it, he will live.” And Moses made a bronze serpent and set it on the standard; and it came about, that if a serpent bit any man, when he looked to the bronze serpent, he lived.” (Numbers 21:6-9)

Yes my defender of ecumincalism , HE DID .      And as moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, SO TOO must the SON of MAN be lifted up .

We got Christ .    NO bowing down to those images , my defender o mans unity .

Next thing you might be asking me to do contemplative prayer  .     Watch how fast that gets corrected .     We don't need to worship as Rome and all get along under

mystic prayers , the contemplative move .     We need to flee all that .   

• Thumbs Up 1

I Hope you notice Fidie , no matter how hard you try and justify this bowing to images , even trying to do so by using old scrips ,    Aint gonna work.

I mean I could try and justify eye for eye and tooth for tooth ,  by using the same Holy scrips .   ONLY it aint what JESUS taught .   HE SHOWED US how to LIVE and walk .

You trying hard to push these idols my friend .  INSTEAD why not push THE GOSPLE and CHRIST .

Fiedie.   ,  instead of them others  trying to change the gospel , conforming it to the world ,      THEY NEED to cease satans work ,  and instead

PREACH the TRUE GOSPLE to that world . 

Edited by frienduff thaylorde
  • This is Worthy 1

We need to be on guard .    and not just going with the flow of this ecumnicalism move .

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Yes my defender of ecumincalism , HE DID .      And as moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, SO TOO must the SON of MAN be lifted up .

We got Christ .    NO bowing down to those images , my defender o mans unity .

Next thing you might be asking me to do contemplative prayer  .     Watch how fast that gets corrected .     We don't need to worship as Rome and all get along under

mystic prayers , the contemplative move .     We need to flee all that .   

Know me not thou dost. 

My defense of images is that God used them as in case of Moses and Bronze Serpent. To this you offer no reply, but a suspicion of my intent. 

I don’t practice mystical prayer of the Desert Fathers  or Roman Catholic Saints. Nor would I endorse such practices which have New Age influences. For the record, since I oft seem on thy tribunal. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,418
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Fidei Defensor said:

My defense of images is that God used them as in case of Moses and Bronze Serpent. To this you offer no reply

Back then, the blood of unblemished bulls and goat had to be shed  to be forgiven of the people sins.  Now today, that is not practiced. Why.  All because of Jesus Christ who became the propitiation  of our sins and only by his blood can cleanse the sin of man as written  in the word.   And how do we come to be forgiven of this sin.   It is by grace through FAITH in Jesus Christ. Eph 2:8  You know this too well as you are well read.

FAITH

Hebrews 11 King James Version (KJV)

11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1