• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  15

5 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

I Hope you notice Fidie , no matter how hard you try and justify this bowing to images , even trying to do so by using old scrips ,    Aint gonna work.

I mean I could try and justify eye for eye and tooth for tooth ,  by using the same Holy scrips .   ONLY it aint what JESUS taught .   HE SHOWED US how to LIVE and walk .

You trying hard to push these idols my friend .  INSTEAD why not push THE GOSPLE and CHRIST .

Fiedie.   ,  instead of them others  trying to change the gospel , conforming it to the world ,      THEY NEED to cease satans work ,  and instead

PREACH the TRUE GOSPLE to that world . 

Hahaha! I don’t bow to images lol I am the image of God and so is everyone (Genesis 1:26-27). 

I am a Certified Christian Counselor, and frankly the way you claim I do this or that, what my intent is, and what I am up to is emotional, spiritual, and psychological abuse. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Hahaha! I don’t bow to images lol I am the image of God and so is everyone (Genesis 1:26-27). 

I am a Certified Christian Counselor, and frankly the way you claim I do this or that, what my intent is, and what I am up to is emotional, spiritual, and psychological abuse. 

commonly called the victim card .    Look fidei , when folks hammer at me ,   the only emotions I get are often two .   First I feel sad for them and worry for them .

But also I do rejoice in the Lord if I am persecuted , even if for now its only lil o words .  

Its why I want you to look at every post I ever wrote here  ,  and you wont see me pulling the victim card a bit .   Ps,   just one of the so many wonderful things THE LORD

did for me  . was burn that wicked physcology of men , which has no part in the church , right out of my mind .  OH YES fidie ,  I used to have  a mind for physcology .

OH , but praise the LORD for burning carnal wisdom right out with the pureness of His words and BY His Spirit .

I might add , I have never reported a single post , not even when I was called anti Christ , son of perdition .    Just rejoice in the LORD .  although YES I am sad for them too .

6 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Back then, the blood of unblemished bulls and goat had to be shed  to be forgiven of the people sins.  Now today, that is not practiced. Why.  All because of Jesus Christ who became the propitiation  of our sins and only by his blood can cleanse the sin of man as written  in the word.   And how do we come to be forgiven of this sin.   It is by grace through FAITH in Jesus Christ. Eph 2:8  You know this too well as you are well read.

FAITH

Hebrews 11 King James Version (KJV)

11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

My point was that the bronze serpent was ordained by God and was an image. To say al lineages are evil is to then attack something God did and I will not do that. I don’t think images are necessary for churches or private prayer corners, but I don’t think they should be called idols when they depict Jesus and His words. 

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

15 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

And yet Moses erected a bronze serpent when God told him to, “The Lord sent fiery serpents among the people and they bit the people, so that many people of Israel died. So the people came to Moses and said, “We have sinned, because we have spoken against the Lordand you; intercede with the Lord, that He may remove the serpents from us.” And Moses interceded for the people. Then the Lord said to Moses, “[a]Make a fiery serpent, and set it on a standard; and it shall come about, that everyone who is bitten, when he looks at it, he will live.” And Moses made a bronze serpent and set it on the standard; and it came about, that if a serpent bit any man, when he looked to the bronze serpent, he lived.” (Numbers 21:6-9)

This only proves what is being said, Fidei.  What began to happen with that bronze serpent?  The people began to worship it.......it had become an icon and an idol, so a GODLY man had it destroyed.

2Ki 18:3-4

He did right in the sight of the LORD, according to all that his father David had done.

He removed the high places and broke down the sacred pillars and cut down the Asherah. He also broke in pieces the bronze serpent that Moses had made, for until those days the sons of Israel burned incense to it; and it was called Nehushtan.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

17 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Is it an idol if it depicts Christ? If the image is of the Lord God Trinity how can it be an idol? 

It can be an idol simply because it is not He Himself.  We only worship Christ Himself.  Alone.  He.  Him.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,369
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

My point was that the bronze serpent was ordained by God and was an image. To say al lineages are evil is to then attack something God did and I will not do that. I don’t think images are necessary for churches or private prayer corners, but I don’t think they should be called idols when they depict Jesus and His words. 

The summary of Christian worship is within the heart of man and his spiritual relation with God. He did make us in his image and likeness, but unlike him, we can be seen in flesh and blood. He did breathed the breath of life into us and thus man is composed of body, soul and SPIRIT.  The christian believe that Jesus walked on water, he turned water into wine, raise the dead, heal the sick, multiply loaves of bread and others.  I really don't see why something tangible is need to assist in as a reminder. It is all about the HEART.  

I do agree though, having a cross or wearing one does not symbolize idol worship, but as I said, there is no purpose of it as as object of reflection for what was done at the cross.  The spirit of man  when regenerated is able to picture what was done there by the act of belief.   Thanks for the question as in your opening post and hope I have responded fairly to it.  

Edited by warrior12

8 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

This only proves what is being said, Fidei.  What began to happen with that bronze serpent?  The people began to worship it.......it had become an icon and an idol, so a GODLY man had it destroyed.

He did right in the sight of the LORD, according to all that his father David had done.

He removed the high places and broke down the sacred pillars and cut down the Asherah. He also broke in pieces the bronze serpent that Moses had made, for until those days the sons of Israel burned incense to it; and it was called Nehushtan.

OH dear sister .     I had not even remembered that .     BUT YOU SPOT ON RIGHT .    

8 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

And today we call this NOSHUSHRAN .     as in NO we aint bowing to images ,   Shush all who try and get us too ,  for we done RAN from all that and follow ONLY JESUS .

yall forgive frienduffs sloppy English .  BUT IT DID MAKE A POINT .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

commonly called the victim card .    Look fidei , when folks hammer at me ,   the only emotions I get are often two .   First I feel sad for them and worry for them .

But also I do rejoice in the Lord if I am persecuted , even if for now its only lil o words .  

Its why I want you to look at every post I ever wrote here  ,  and you wont see me pulling the victim card a bit .   Ps,   just one of the so many wonderful things THE LORD

did for me  . was burn that wicked physcology of men , which has no part in the church , right out of my mind .  OH YES fidie ,  I used to have  a mind for physcology .

OH , but praise the LORD for burning carnal wisdom right out with the pureness of His words and BY His Spirit .

I might add , I have never reported a single post , not even when I was called anti Christ , son of perdition .    Just rejoice in the LORD .  although YES I am sad for them too .

Counseling isn’t the same as psychology or psychiatry. Christian Counselors use the Holy Bible as their text for how to counsel people. It’s not the “victim card,” the fact you would use such language confirms my concerns for you.  

2 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Counseling isn’t the same as psychology or psychiatry. Christian Counselors use the Holy Bible as their text for how to counsel people. It’s not the “victim card,” the fact you would use such language confirms my concerns for you.  

Well, you aint seeing what is going on in our churches down here .    My aunt who does christain counseling in churches .     Yeah,  they have degrees in physcology.

BUT even her words oughta shock some .  WE are not allowed even as Christian counslers ,  to counsel against in any way ,  being gay .  

WHAT kind of christain counsel IS THAT .   EVEN if said patient is struggling with being gay , THEY NOT ALLOWED nor is it even TOLERATED to speak against it as sin .

UH YEAH .   Fidei,   THE SPIRIT Don't let a lamb get fooled .    And all the words no matter how craftily put ,  now matter how well spun ,  ACTIONS will always show forth

what is truly in a persons heart .   FOR instance , DID you KNOW their is a big move to reach out to all groups in their own way .  but this is easy to spot

IF one truly follows Christ .    Watch for it .    IF one has an agenda , they will present that agenda differently to whatever group they trying to get to accept said mindset.

NOW we know the agenda as a whole is what ,   UNITY , FALSE LOVE ,  etc ,   but do you really think they spin it to a liberal the same way they would to a conservative .

NOPE .      IF I am trying to win the secular to an agenda ,  am I going to focus on RELIGOIN ,    OR a PC all inclusive way .

PC of course .   now to churches they present it different .  They don't try and attack GOD , they alter his image , making an all inclusive accepting type GOD .

Now we all know the last folks standing IS the evangelical side .    BUT oh they in it too .    So they come along and present it with more conservative values

BUT still its the same card,    UNITY , more inclusive ,    SEE ECUMENCALISM .  ROMES BABY she is all over secular through PC

she is all over liberal , has been.  NOW she knows to get the last man standing ,  YA GOTTA pretend to cater to THEIR values a bit more , ALL the while

You focus on unity and meditation , things that tap into emotions ,   and soon enough ,  You got them .  YOU DO .

And here I am just a lil simpleton ,  dumby ,   YET BY grace I whiff it out .     Ever wonder why this unity move seems to be the focus in churches

DO you think they really going to just say , HEY unite UNDER MOTHER ROME .   oh no ,     they pander to emotions and break down the fundmentals ever so slowly.

Like some protestants I know .    YES , their are actual ones in the protestant church ,  WHO already KNOW the plan and are deceiving the flocks

THEN their are many who just see this as good , have no idea its an agenda ,  BUT they too go to work focusing on ,   YOU GOT it the dire need for ecumunicalsim.

THEY already been in , BEEN in churches .  And for the most part, THEY Already GOT the top most well known leaders IN ON IT .   oh ,  this has been the case

FOR ,   some time now .     WE BETTER BE ON GAURD .     is all I am saying .  Now how about we focus ON JESUS and not on making idols seem harmless.