Fidei Defensor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  15

I have chosen not to put this in the Eschatology section, because I beleive it is good for general discussion.

Many believers have "Apocalyptic Blues." Between all the Pre-Millienial, Amillienial, Post Millienal, Pre-Trib, Mid-Trib, Post-Trib, Partial Trib and etc; many are overwhelemed. Well this thread isnt' about that. It is about the fact that Apocalypse in the Greek means "Unvieling." Unvieling of the Bride of Christ! (Revelation 19:1-11). Our main problem in the end times discussions is we focus on the details of how it will play out, this has merit, we need to know the times and signs, but we must always fix our eyes on Jesus (Hebrewes 12:2). The truth is for us Christians, the Apocalypse is the Wedding Supper, and Christ is coming to collect us His bride (Matthew 24:39-5, 1 Thessalonains 4:16-17) to be with Him forever (Revelation 21:1-53). The focus shoudl be Christ and Him coming, our Bridegroom and God coming to get us His bride! It is the best romantic story ever, it beats Nicholas Sparks! For the sparks of Jesus' fire eyes is His passion and love for you; He burns to be with us and love us with same ferocity He had on the cross!

It's time to get excited! To pray Jesus come quickly, "Thy Kingdom Come," and "The Bride says come! Yes, Come Lord Jesus." (Revelation 22:1-20).

Let us fix our eyes on our coming Bridegroom, our King of Kings, and Everlastin Father. Amen,.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,778
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

23 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Many believers have "Apocalyptic Blues." Between all the Pre-Millienial, Amillienial, Post Millienal, Pre-Trib, Mid-Trib, Post-Trib, Partial Trib and etc; many are overwhelemed.

Funny thing. Today as I waited for my truck and trailer to complete its fitness inspection the thought came to me, "Is the intense focus on end-times unhealthy?" Firstly as I sat waiting I confirmed to myself that there is in fact an intense focus on end-times, and secondly I answered the question with a condition, that if the intense focus on end-times is to the exclusion of all else then yes, it is unhealthy, and a more balanced diet is called for.

I had a further thought as I waited with a view that stretched overland to a range of hills in the distance, "In the harpatzo will there be a vortex that requires some of us to be transported across oceans and continents and around the curvature of the earth to meet with Christ and the rest of His bride?" I'm still musing about that one...? ...I won't mind such a ride if that is necessary.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

Wow, this is such a great thread.

I'm moved!

Agree, what I see around me is a lot of confusion and even fear of the Day of the Lord.

So, with time we have come to fear what early Christians were excited for! Such a shame!

And this for many reasons, one of this is people discussing too much on unnecessary details (about which NONE of them agree on), and not discussing what is certain and encouraging. And what is certain is that Jesus will wipe out every tear (Revelation 21:4), and we'll live with Him forever and we'll be made similar to Him! (1 John 3:2)

Jesus taught us to be excited about His Return:

"When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near." (Luke 21:28)

2 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

The focus shoudl be Christ and Him coming, our Bridegroom and God coming to get us His bride! It is the best romantic story ever, it beats Nicholas Sparks! For the sparks of Jesus' fire eyes is His passion and love for you; He burns to be with us and love us with same ferocity He had on the cross!

I like your romantic metaphor here, we should be more excited than a wife who doesn't see his husband for a long time!

And Jesus forecasted this sentiment and this longing of true good Christians:

"Then he said to his disciples, "The time is coming when you will long to see one of the days of the Son of Man, but you will not see it." (Luke 17:22)

A lot of times, we get very excited when something happen in the world that we think is from God, desperately looking for signs, forgetting that Jesus told us to be excited for something else:

"However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven." (Luke 10:20)

2 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

It's time to get excited! To pray Jesus come quickly, "Thy Kingdom Come," and "The Bride says come! Yes, Come Lord Jesus." (Revelation 22:1-20).

Let us fix our eyes on our coming Bridegroom, our King of Kings, and Everlastin Father. Amen,.

Totally agree, time to stop wasting words like the pagans (Matthew 6:7), and start praying as Jesus taught us:

Thy Kingdom come, Come Quickly Lord Jesus!

This prayer can spread all over the world, and the power of this prayer cannot be stop because it's not from men, but from the Word of the almighty God!

Edited by listener24
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Yes, the Revelation of Jesus Christ actually reveals Jesus Christ.  I challenge people to go through the book and see how He reveals Himself in each chapter, especially the glimpses of Him in heaven.  It is so awe inspiriting! Hebrews repeatedly says "look at Jesus".  He is the theme of the book, pointing discouraged Hebrew Christians back to Him.  

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, listener24 said:

Wow, this is such a great thread.

I'm moved!

Agree, what I see around me is a lot of confusion and even fear of the Day of the Lord.

So, with time we have come to fear what early Christians were excited for! Such a shame!

And this for many reasons, one of this is people discussing too much on unnecessary details (about which NONE of them agree on), and not discussing what is certain and encouraging. And what is certain is that Jesus will wipe out every tear (Revelation 21:4), and we'll live with Him forever and we'll be made similar to Him! (1 John 3:2)

Jesus taught us to be excited about His Return:

"When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near." (Luke 21:28)

I like your romantic metaphor here, we should be more excited than a wife who doesn't see his husband for a long time!

And Jesus forecasted this sentiment and this longing of true good Christians:

"Then he said to his disciples, "The time is coming when you will long to see one of the days of the Son of Man, but you will not see it." (Luke 17:22)

A lot of times, we get very excited when something happen in the world that we think is from God, desperately looking for signs, forgetting that Jesus told us to be excited for something else:

"However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven." (Luke 10:20)

Totally agree, time to stop wasting words like the pagans (Matthew 6:7), and start praying as Jesus taught us:

Thy Kingdom come, Come Quickly Lord Jesus!

This prayer can spread all over the world, and the power of this prayer cannot be stop because it's not from men, but from the Word of the almighty God!

Amen brother. We should not fear the coming of our Husband and Lord Jesus Christ. For the Apostle John tells us, "There is no fear in Love. Perfect love castes out fear, if you fear it is because you fear judgement (punishment), and this shows that we have not fully experianced his perfect love." (1 John 4:18). We who know the Lord, know He is love (1 John 4:8), and Truth too (John 14:6, John 1:17); but Truth and Love are One, "love takes no pleasure in evil, love rejoices in the Truth," (1 Corinthians 13:6), and "instead speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of Him who is the head, Jesus Christ." (Ephensians 4:15). Love and Truth, Jesus is both!  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 8/7/2018 at 9:24 PM, Fidei Defensor said:

I have chosen not to put this in the Eschatology section, because I beleive it is good for general discussion.

Many believers have "Apocalyptic Blues." Between all the Pre-Millienial, Amillienial, Post Millienal, Pre-Trib, Mid-Trib, Post-Trib, Partial Trib and etc; many are overwhelemed. Well this thread isnt' about that. It is about the fact that Apocalypse in the Greek means "Unvieling." Unvieling of the Bride of Christ! (Revelation 19:1-11). Our main problem in the end times discussions is we focus on the details of how it will play out, this has merit, we need to know the times and signs, but we must always fix our eyes on Jesus (Hebrewes 12:2). The truth is for us Christians, the Apocalypse is the Wedding Supper, and Christ is coming to collect us His bride (Matthew 24:39-5, 1 Thessalonains 4:16-17) to be with Him forever (Revelation 21:1-53). The focus shoudl be Christ and Him coming, our Bridegroom and God coming to get us His bride! It is the best romantic story ever, it beats Nicholas Sparks! For the sparks of Jesus' fire eyes is His passion and love for you; He burns to be with us and love us with same ferocity He had on the cross!

I often thought of the beginning verses of the book of Revelation as a kind of forward for the entire Bible. The revealing of the Lord Jesus Christ...

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, JohnD said:

I often thought of the beginning verses of the book of Revelation as a kind of forward for the entire Bible. The revealing of the Lord Jesus Christ...

That’s a wonderful way to see Revelation. The revealing of Jesus and the apocalypse or unveiling of the Bride of Christ. :) 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,416
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

4 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

That’s a wonderful way to see Revelation. The revealing of Jesus and the apocalypse or unveiling of the Bride of Christ. :) 

It is also  a wonderful way, in fact the way, to "see" the entirety of the Bible. The Bible is that red thread of redemption from beginning to conclusion. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

31 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

It is also  a wonderful way, in fact the way, to "see" the entirety of the Bible. The Bible is that red thread of redemption from beginning to conclusion. 

Indeed. In Exodus 24 God wanted to wed himself to Israel but she refused. Then He came in flesh and wed himself to all who will believe in Him on the cross. It is a true story & love story from Genesis to Revelation. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

Peter in Acts 2 spoke of the day of the Lord as "That great and glorious day". Also in 2Timothy 3 we are told that "All scripture is profitable..."

We tend to sit in a perspective that helps us understand to a point but inevitably keeps us from seeing things further. Prophecy is patterned through the whole bible and what we find in that patterning is the balance. We can't preform or teach a balanced approach on our own, it's the "sum" of the Word, not just "some" equations that seem to fit. Remember we are told that even a babe can understand. Jesus spoke of coming to Him as a child.

Focusing on the coming of Jesus is glorious and healthy. It's as much of our diet as all the rest, we just need to partake of the whole table.

While sitting at the Lords feet of coarse, at the feeding of the 4 and 5 thousand he had them all sit. There will always be enough food. Pray and eat.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1