Fidei Defensor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

Everything around us is changing. Technology is changing, soon we will have holodecks like in Star Trek, only they VR headsets. The means by which our world is changing, politically, sociologically, and even spiritually can cause us to become exasperated. While it is true change does make us grow, too much change can break us. It is comforting to know that our desire for things not to change does not come from some melancholy, or nastalgia, it comes from fact that Christ Jesus is always the same, "Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever." (Hebrews 13:8). Those words have such power. Jesus can't change! He is forever our loving Lord, God, and Savior, One with Father and Holy Spirit! Christ's desire for us will never change, He showed that on the cross and limiting his powers and marginlizing Himself (Philippians 2:2-11 NLT). Oh thank you O Changeless Christ!

When I say changeless, I do not mean that Christ doesn't have distinct personality and is fixed in place. No Christ and the other two of the Trinity have distinct personalities. When I mean changeless I don't mean we have Christ pegged in the sense that we can know nothing more about Him; He is God and Infinite and Almighty, and so we will always be learning more about our LORD, though it will always conform to His attributes and who is in the Scriptures (Holy Bible).

O I am thankful for our Changeless Christ. That in this chaotic and confusing world, Jesus is constant.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

Good post ! Jesus does not change his min either. He will always condemn sin. He will not this week say it's OK to commit adultery He will always accept us in the faith no matter if we sin or not. He said somewhere in the old testament I change not least you Israel are consume. He destroy the old world by a flood but kept Noah and his family safe lest his promises would be voided. God is changeless. We are change full one day we like someone then we dont. Not good.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Wayne222 said:

Good post ! Jesus does not change his min either. He will always condemn sin. He will not this week say it's OK to commit adultery He will always accept us in the faith no matter if we sin or not. He said somewhere in the old testament I change not least you Israel are consume. He destroy the old world by a flood but kept Noah and his family safe lest his promises would be voided. God is changeless. We are change full one day we like someone then we dont. Not good.

Indeed. God the Trinity never changes, and yet He changes us, transforms us (Romans 12:2) into Him who is changeless (Galatians 2:20). Ironic huh, God changes us to be more like Him who is changeless. When you think about it we as humans often are erratic (emotions are major factor) and we tend to be changable, at least in sense of moods, health, and etc; but when Christ who in us (Colossians 1:27) transforms us more into His likeness, do we not become more consistent, turning from sins and wanting to do what the Lord wants? Its so wonderful, and yet we do fail, thankfully Jesus covers that (1 John 2:1-4). I cannot wait until we are "changed" into new bodies and thus come to know our Changeless Christ more fully, "For now we see through a glass, darkly, but then face to face, now I know in part, but then shall I know even as also I am known." (1 Corinthians 13:12)

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

Interesting thought.

I always was upset when people told me melancholy (wanting things to stay the same) was some condition like depression. Now thanks to Hebrews 13:8, I know its Christ like. :) 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Good topic.

- Timely needed "word of encouragement."

Blessings,

10 minutes ago, Global Mission said:

Good topic.

- Timely needed "word of encouragement."

Blessings,

Amen. It reminds us that Jesus will never change, nor will His love for us (John 3:16, Romans  8:38-39) His forgiveness (1 John 2:1-4), or His compassion for us (Hebrews 4:15). :) 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

29 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Amen. It reminds us that Jesus will never change, nor will His love for us (John 3:16, Romans  8:38-39) His forgiveness (1 John 2:1-4), or His compassion for us (Hebrews 4:15). :) 

But let us all also remember ,  ONE DAY the GREAT INTERCESSOR ,  the ONLY INTERCESSOR between GOD and man ,      WILL TREAD the very winepress of the wrath of GOD .

I wonder Fidie,  if one sees the comparison between MOSES and CHRIST .    For sure MOSES was far less than CHRIST ,  but lets compare an example .

When MOSES heard FROM GOD about what the people had done ,    He made INTERCESSION in that mountain , even asked to be blotted out for their sake .

YET what happened when moses came down from the mount and HEARD the music ,  HIS WRATH WAS KINDLEDED .

So too when once the SON of man has risen up and closed the door,  THEN COMES THE WRATH .

I think it very wise we always be reminded of both the goodness and severity of GOD .     Now throw those hands up and praise the LORD .

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

But let us all also remember ,  ONE DAY the GREAT INTERCESSOR ,  the ONLY INTERCESSOR between GOD and man ,      WILL TREAD the very winepress of the wrath of GOD .

I wonder Fidie,  if one sees the comparison between MOSES and CHRIST .    For sure MOSES was far less than CHRIST ,  but lets compare an example .

When MOSES heard FROM GOD about what the people had done ,    He made INTERCESSION in that mountain , even asked to be blotted out for their sake .

YET what happened when moses came down from the mount and HEARD the music ,  HIS WRATH WAS KINDLEDED .

So too when once the SON of man has risen up and closed the door,  THEN COMES THE WRATH .

I think it very wise we always be reminded of both the goodness and severity of GOD .     Now throw those hands up and praise the LORD .

Moses was Proto-Christ or foreshadowing but not the one who castes the shadow, “These are a shadow of the things to come, but the body that casts it belongs to Christ.” (Colossians 2:17). However, he failed and disobeyed God (Numbers 20), while Christ was and is the Lord God Come in the flesh and never disobeyed, “though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered,” (Hebrews 5:8) not doc He sin like Moses, “Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priestwho is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin.” (Hebrews 4:15-15). 

• Praise God! 1

30 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Moses was Proto-Christ or foreshadowing but not the one who castes the shadow, “These are a shadow of the things to come, but the body that casts it belongs to Christ.” (Colossians 2:17). However, he failed and disobeyed God (Numbers 20), while Christ was and is the Lord God Come in the flesh and never disobeyed, “though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered,” (Hebrews 5:8) not doc He sin like Moses, “Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priestwho is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin.” (Hebrews 4:15-15). 

ABSOLUTELY .    and do we notice something else .     Under the law a person could be killed under two or three witnesses .

BUT HOW MUCH SORER a punishment FOR THOSE WHO TROD UNDER FOOT the SON OF MAN .     THAT sounds LIKE HELL FIRES FURY in the lake of fire .

Yes , its always good to behold both the goodness and severity of GOD .    

HOW MUCH WORSE a punishment .   I mean physical death is  ,   BUT SPIRITIUAL DEATH in a  lake of fire ,  TIS FAR FAR WORSE than anything man can do unto us .

And I am worried huge for those religions and Christians too , who are creating this one universal world peace religion .   TALK ABOUT TRODDING JESUS UNDER FOOT .

VERY deceptive and deadly days we are in , and shall get far far worse in the coming days .  BUT FEIDI  < DONT YOU BE AFRAID .

wherther we live or die ,     WE THE LORDS .    no fear of man , no fear of suffering , no fear of death ,  ONLY HOPE IN THE LORD through it all .    NOW throw those hands up

leap up and do a double dance jig of praise TO THE LORD . 

2 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

ABSOLUTELY .    and do we notice something else .     Under the law a person could be killed under two or three witnesses .

BUT HOW MUCH SORER a punishment FOR THOSE WHO TROD UNDER FOOT the SON OF MAN .     THAT sounds LIKE HELL FIRES FURY in the lake of fire .

Yes , its always good to behold both the goodness and severity of GOD .    

HOW MUCH WORSE a punishment .   I mean physical death is  ,   BUT SPIRITIUAL DEATH in a  lake of fire ,  TIS FAR FAR WORSE than anything man can do unto us .

And I am worried huge for those religions and Christians too , who are creating this one universal world peace religion .   TALK ABOUT TRODDING JESUS UNDER FOOT 

Indeed, I am saddened when people trample the Blood of Christ and Christ under foot , “anyone who thinks they can be saved by the works of the law is cut off from Christ, you have fallen from grace,” (Galatians 5:4), “Notice, it is I, Paul, who tells you that if you receive circumcision [as a supposed requirement of salvation], Christ will be of no benefit to you [for you will lack the faith in Christ that is necessary for salvation],” (Galatians 5:2), “It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age and who have fallen away, to be brought back to repentance. To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.” (Hebrews 6:4-6). In context Hebrews 6:5-6 is those who knowing Christ and the Spirit go back to laws of Judaism to be saved (Galatians 5:4). 

Edited by Fidei Defensor
  • Praise God! 1

19 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Indeed, I am saddened when people tepid the Blood of Christ and Christ under foot , “anyone who thinks they can be saved by the works of the law is cut off from Christ, you have fallen from grace,” (Galatians 5:4), “Notice, it is I, Paul, who tells you that if you receive circumcision [as a supposed requirement of salvation], Christ will be of no benefit to you [for you will lack the faith in Christ that is necessary for salvation],” (Galatians 5:2), “

It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age and who have fallen away, to be brought back to repentance. To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.” (Hebrews 6:4-6). In context Hebrews 6:5-6 is those who knowing Christ and the Spirit go back to laws of Judaism to be saved (Galatians 5:4). 

MR LEE does agree.    as in Ed Zach Lee.     And then we got the many also ,  who use grace as a license to sin .    AND JESUS aint no minister of sin .

For those who are Christs have crucified the affections and lusts of the flesh .   Which are ............................

We got many dire problems in this age .  seducers wax only worse , deceiving and being deceived .

Folks if we are of CHRIST we love RIGTEOUSNESS and it is seen what we truly love by how we walk .  FOR IF HE is truly in us ,   THEN ITS HE

doing what is PLEASING in HIS SIGHT .     SIN AINT .      Ya.      Just time to keep it real .  

For whoever we serve , HIS SERVANTS WE ARE .     whether of sin unto death ,  or ,   here comes that word many hate ,  Or OBEDIANCE unto righteousness.

Folks when a man points to JESUS ONLY ,  then know and understand that is by grace ,    so he cant boast in anything but the LORD

but know this ,   just cause he is warning against sin and correcting ,   DONT MAKE HIM a works man .     ITS CALLED FOLOOWING and OBEYING JESUS .

and either we do or we don't .    NOT GOOD for those who don't .