Fidei Defensor

Star Trek: All Shows and Films

I am a Trekkie. I grew up watching all the Star Trek movies and shows. What I always liked about it was it reminded me a space version of the Kingdom (The Federation) going to the lost species. The Borg reminded me of another religion (not gonna say). Anyhow, I believe Gene Roddenberry's vision has really inspired many of us to explore, to go out into the world armed with evangelion and go "bodly when no man has gone before."

Feel free to discuss all things Star Trek from the Original Series to Discovery, from the Original Film to Star Trek: Beyond and beyond that.

This is an open topic for all things Trek, and if you like Star Wars, go ahead and start a seperate thread. :D

Live Long and Prosper

or how Jesus said it, "I will give you abundant life." :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

Triva:  Did you know that King Hussein of Jordan is a Trekkie?   He was actually on Voyager.   He did a cameo appearance on the show.   You can see it on YouTube. 

I enjoy Star Trek, as well.  I have not seen the movies since Nemesis back in 2003.   Wrath of Khan and First Contact are my faves at this point. I need to see the latest movies.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wrath of Khan was my all-time fave, although I like Star Trek 4 as well (the one with the whales lol).

That reminds me of a diorama I obtained a while back:

103_0004.JPG.4ee0bfdf8f1d24a66a5596f83858ed9a.JPG103_0005.JPG.67e7cb583d2b19da1d2ee79f00671b5a.JPG103_0008.JPG.c12aae783ad38b941b2d71a2c705b62b.JPG

• Thumbs Up 1

Been a big fan of Star Trek since I was a kid.  The OS was on too late for me to be allowed to stay up and watch it, but my Mom would watch it and if I leaned up against the wall right at the end of the bed I could watch it.

Favorite OS episode is S2-E6-The Doomsday Machine.

My favorite movie, by far is Wrath of Khan.  Taking a plot off an earlier TV episode and they did it with style.  It also has some great quotes.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

I am a die hard Trekkie. I’ve seen all the movies from the Motion Picture to Beyond. I have seen most of the shows except for Star Trek: Discovery. I need to at least see an episode of it. 

My favorite series is Star Trek: Voyager, Capt. Janeway and Seven of Nine are my favorite crew memebers. My favorite Next Gen film is Nemesis, Tom Hardy was great as Shinzon. My favorite of the new canon or J.J. Abrams saga reboot is Star Trek Beyond. Of the classic movies with Shatner and Nimony, my fav is Star Trek IV: The Journey, “Captin, there be whales here!” (Scotty), and “we are looking for nuclear wessels.” (Checkov). :D

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Sojourner414 said:

Wrath of Khan was my all-time fave, although I like Star Trek 4 as well (the one with the whales lol).

That reminds me of a diorama I obtained a while back:

103_0004.JPG.4ee0bfdf8f1d24a66a5596f83858ed9a.JPG103_0005.JPG.67e7cb583d2b19da1d2ee79f00671b5a.JPG103_0008.JPG.c12aae783ad38b941b2d71a2c705b62b.JPG

That is epic! I had all miniatures of Enterprise D, C, B, A, The Kingon bird of prey and etc. I still have them somewhere. 

*Transports to off planet crator and rummages through boxes.*

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Been a big fan of Star Trek since I was a kid.  The OS was on too late for me to be allowed to stay up and watch it, but my Mom would watch it and if I leaned up against the wall right at the end of the bed I could watch it.

Favorite OS episode is S2-E6-The Doomsday Machine.

My favorite movie, by far is Wrath of Khan.  Taking a plot off an earlier TV episode and they did it with style.  It also has some great quotes.

“Khannnnnnnn!” - Capt. James T. Kirk 

I have to admit the remake, Into the Darkness did not do it justice. Khan can’t be a British guy (Benedict Cumberbatch). Ricardo Montelbaun is Khan. :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Fidei Defensor said:

“Khannnnnnnn!” - Capt. James T. Kirk 

I have to admit the remake, Into the Darkness did not do it justice. Khan can’t be a British guy (Benedict Cumberbatch). Ricardo Montelbaun is Khan. :) 

I wish they would not do remakes.   I wish they would move forward and come up with some fresh ideas and new adventures.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Triva:  Did you know that King Hussein of Jordan is a Trekkie?   He was actually on Voyager.   He did a cameo appearance on the show.   You can see it on YouTube. 

I enjoy Star Trek, as well.  I have not seen the movies since Nemesis back in 2003.   Wrath of Khan and First Contact are my faves at this point. I need to see the latest movies.

I will have to check that out. I am watching Voyager on Prime, so hopefully I can see the episode the King of Jordan is featured in. 

Pastor Samuel Rodriguez, advisor to Pres. Trump, Pres. Obama’s, and Pres. Bush is a die hard Trekkie. :) 

Just now, shiloh357 said:

I wish they would not do remakes.   I wish they would move forward and come up with some fresh ideas and new adventures.

I agree. We need to “go boldly where no man has gone before.” Have you seen Star Trek Discovery? I’ve heard mixed things about it.