Fidei Defensor

Star Trek: All Shows and Films

4 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

And the actors need to pretty much unknown, so they can better develop the characters for the new series.  I remember when TNG first came out and I didn't know any of the actors in the first season.  The whole first and second seasons were all pretty much about character establishment.  That's what we need in a new series.

I heard something about this new series with Patrick Stewart.  Is this going to be a retired Picard kind of thing?   He is too old to be realistic as a member of Starfleet.   I think they pushed the envelope on the original series cast members in terms of age by the time they got to Undiscovered Country. 

I think Picard should be like Spock in the Reboot Kelvin timeline. He appears and offers advice but does not have an active role. It might be interesting if Picard has a family memebers, a nephew or niece or someone so that you have some kind of family connection to play on. Picard then could be trying to help his nephew or niece with repository of knowledge he has and the neph/niece could buck him and thus tension could be added. 

Deleted. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor

1 hour ago, Sojourner414 said:

From what Stewart said in the video I saw, he probably wasn't going to be a Starfleet Captain anymore. I'm thinking either Ambassador, Admiral or something else.

Picard had a brother and a nephew, but they died in a fire (Re: Star Trek Generations).          

One resource I use is Memory Alpha (http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:Main), which has news as well as entries on different stuff.

Well let’s hope they don’t do an Abrams and have a young Picard arrive out of wormhole. 😜🙄

Been watching more of Star Trek Discovery. The show has grown on me. There are some very good aspects, in particular the change from warp core to spite core (an organic fuel for a starship) and making one of crew memebess the pilot or part of the spore warp drive is intriguing. 

I very much enjoyed Michael Burnham’s rescue of Sarek (Spock’s Father) usIng Katra (soul connection) with Sarek. The fact that the outsider and former mutineer is the protagonist not the captain was a new leap. 

There are merits to Discovery and while I don’t condone the queer couple and other aspects, this is the first Star Trek daring to go “where no Trek has gone before.” It is exploring the realism, humanity, individualism, and depths of things that could not be in a non-mature series. It’s not for everyone, but it goes deeper than Deep Space Nine or risky interations. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor

Great line from Discovery: 

The only way to defeat fear is to tell it 'No'. No, we will not take shortcuts on the path to righteousness. No, we will not break the rules that protect us from our basest instincts. No, we will not allow desperation to destroy moral authority.” (Michael Burnham, Star Trek Discovery)

I've watched most of them.

The Original series is still nice though dated, it has quality and humor.

I watched most of TNG because it was on TV at a time when I wanted to watch sci-fi and apart from that I think the only other was sliders until Stargate came along. I think a lot of "liked" is more about things around us than just the show.

When I tried to rewatch TNG it just WAS NOT at all interesting.

I also watched DS9 again because it was around that time.

I think I preferred it to TNG and have rewatched a few of them. For me this is somehow more interesting, not sure why!

I just couldn't get into Voyager. Great music and a good premise but somehow I felt the performance was weak and felt there was becoming too much of an agenda in there. I tried rewatching more recently but it put me to sleep. Worse than TNG for me.

By the time Enterprise came along I wasn't watching so much and only caught a few episodes. Later I caught more episodes but I think it was more about "it was the least of the bad on TV at the time" rather than a real interest. I felt that the actor who plays the captain is a poor casting. I know that guy gets lots of plum roles but I've never been impressed, sorry! Still haven't watched them all and probably won't.

The original Movies I have watched them all and mostly enjoyed.

I have watched them a few times and probably will again.

The new movies I mostly liked and they are well made etc but, again, concerned about the agenda.

Discovery I have watched through and the same thoughts as the new movies only the liberalism or whatever you want to call it is even worse. Worried about how far they will go. Or perhaps thats their intention.

There are also some egregious errors.

I nearly didn't keep watching after seeing the aged captain and the young rebel take on and easily defeat two seasoned Klingon warriors in hand to hand combat. Seemed grossly implausible. 

Seems I differ quite a bit from some other posters :)