Jump to content
Fidei Defensor

Star Trek: All Shows and Films

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Sojourner414 said:

Right; since the spaceframes of Federation starships are designed to last (they were still using Excelsior-class and Miranda class ships [i.e. "Reliant -type"] in TNG), the Sovereign class would still be viable even 20 years after Picard.

BTW: they're bringing back Patrick Stewart in a new Star Trek show where he reprises Picard:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/patrick-stewart-return-jean-luc-picard-new-star-trek-series-cbs-all-access/

 

I love Excelsior class, especially the Enterprise B under the command of Sulu (Undiscovered Country). I would have loved to see a spin off of Sulu as captain and having cameos from Kirk, Spock, and Crew. 

There was PC game where you are on Bride of Enterprise-B as Capt. Sulu. It still isn’t the same as a series or mini series. 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just watched Star Trek: Voyager, Season 4, Episode 21 Omega directive and it has a Crucifix! Seven of Nine having gazed into Omega knows it was God and she is found gazing at Christ Crucified on the Holodeck! It’s at the end of the episode. I wish I could post the photos. :) 

  • Brilliant! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

Right; since the spaceframes of Federation starships are designed to last (they were still using Excelsior-class and Miranda class ships [i.e. "Reliant -type"] in TNG), the Sovereign class would still be viable even 20 years after Picard.

BTW: they're bringing back Patrick Stewart in a new Star Trek show where he reprises Picard:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/patrick-stewart-return-jean-luc-picard-new-star-trek-series-cbs-all-access/

 

And the actors need to pretty much unknown, so they can better develop the characters for the new series.  I remember when TNG first came out and I didn't know any of the actors in the first season.  The whole first and second seasons were all pretty much about character establishment.  That's what we need in a new series.

I heard something about this new series with Patrick Stewart.  Is this going to be a retired Picard kind of thing?   He is too old to be realistic as a member of Starfleet.   I think they pushed the envelope on the original series cast members in terms of age by the time they got to Undiscovered Country. 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

And the actors need to pretty much unknown, so they can better develop the characters for the new series.  I remember when TNG first came out and I didn't know any of the actors in the first season.  The whole first and second seasons were all pretty much about character establishment.  That's what we need in a new series.

I heard something about this new series with Patrick Stewart.  Is this going to be a retired Picard kind of thing?   He is too old to be realistic as a member of Starfleet.   I think they pushed the envelope on the original series cast members in terms of age by the time they got to Undiscovered Country. 

I think Picard should be like Spock in the Reboot Kelvin timeline. He appears and offers advice but does not have an active role. It might be interesting if Picard has a family memebers, a nephew or niece or someone so that you have some kind of family connection to play on. Picard then could be trying to help his nephew or niece with repository of knowledge he has and the neph/niece could buck him and thus tension could be added. 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Deleted. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

And the actors need to pretty much unknown, so they can better develop the characters for the new series.  I remember when TNG first came out and I didn't know any of the actors in the first season.  The whole first and second seasons were all pretty much about character establishment.  That's what we need in a new series.

I heard something about this new series with Patrick Stewart.  Is this going to be a retired Picard kind of thing?   He is too old to be realistic as a member of Starfleet.   I think they pushed the envelope on the original series cast members in terms of age by the time they got to Undiscovered Country. 

From what Stewart said in the video I saw, he probably wasn't going to be a Starfleet Captain anymore. I'm thinking either Ambassador, Admiral or something else.

2 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

I think Picard should be like Spock in the Reboot Kelvin timeline. He appears and offers advice but does not have an active role. It might be interesting if Picard has a family memebers, a nephew or niece or someone so that you have some kind of family connection to play on. Picard then could be trying to help his nephew or niece with repository of knowledge he has and the neph/niece could buck him and thus tension could be added. 

Picard had a brother and a nephew, but they died in a fire (Re: Star Trek Generations).          

One resource I use is Memory Alpha (http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:Main), which has news as well as entries on different stuff.

Edited by Sojourner414

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sojourner414 said:

From what Stewart said in the video I saw, he probably wasn't going to be a Starfleet Captain anymore. I'm thinking either Ambassador, Admiral or something else.

Picard had a brother and a nephew, but they died in a fire (Re: Star Trek Generations).          

One resource I use is Memory Alpha (http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:Main), which has news as well as entries on different stuff.

Well let’s hope they don’t do an Abrams and have a young Picard arrive out of wormhole. 😜🙄

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Been watching more of Star Trek Discovery. The show has grown on me. There are some very good aspects, in particular the change from warp core to spite core (an organic fuel for a starship) and making one of crew memebess the pilot or part of the spore warp drive is intriguing. 

I very much enjoyed Michael Burnham’s rescue of Sarek (Spock’s Father) usIng Katra (soul connection) with Sarek. The fact that the outsider and former mutineer is the protagonist not the captain was a new leap. 

There are merits to Discovery and while I don’t condone the queer couple and other aspects, this is the first Star Trek daring to go “where no Trek has gone before.” It is exploring the realism, humanity, individualism, and depths of things that could not be in a non-mature series. It’s not for everyone, but it goes deeper than Deep Space Nine or risky interations. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×