ejected

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  761
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

How is it then brothers? When you come together, everyone of you has a psalm, has a doctrine, has a tongue, has a revelation, has an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying. 

What do you think this verse means? Thanks. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

I think the mean what it says. This is how the early church did things. Now, where I am, we do the same, and more!

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,886
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

21 hours ago, ejected said:

How is it then brothers? When you come together, everyone of you has a psalm, has a doctrine, has a tongue, has a revelation, has an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying. 

Sadly, the ceasationists and liturgists and programmers have outlawed or at least overuled this sort of spontaneous input from their congregations. However I am happy to say when those who come together here for simple in-home fellowship participate in serving our local expression of the body of Christ, it is with the consensus that edification by these means is to be endorsed but not forced.

Edited by Michael37
wording

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/9/2018 at 11:29 PM, ejected said:

This kind of thing rarely happens in churches.. But coming to forums online is closer to what the coming together of the Saints was like in the early church.. Closer but not the same..

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/9/2018 at 8:29 AM, ejected said:

How is it then brothers? When you come together, everyone of you has a psalm, has a doctrine, has a tongue, has a revelation, has an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying

"Let all things be done unto edifying", is what stands out to me. Whatever each member (part) of the body shares with the rest of the body, it should 'edify', (An 'edifice' is a structural part of a building, and as a carpenter I have built such) It is designed to hold up other parts of the building (body). To support.   The scripture indicates to me that each has a part, listed above, to share with the other parts, and edify them. Not glory in their own gift, but with order, that other members are lifted  up. (BLESSED). Each church has it's own method to implement this, to keep order as the scripture conveys. Or Not.  God's creation is ordered, not having even one rogue molecule within His universe.  Some churches ignore this, and things get out of control. Ck out YouTube.         Edify; to build up-building-structure-hold up-confirm-lift up        Not tear down one another.

9 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I think the mean what it says. This is how the early church did things. Now, where I am, we do the same, and more!

Great!

To bad the 'church' doesn't allow for this. A crying shame.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

On 8/9/2018 at 6:29 AM, ejected said:

I think it’s how a real meeting of Christian believers should go. It was never suppose to be one solitary man or woman at pulpit. The whole church body was to participate. Sadly, Constantine the Great ruined it and turned services into Ecclesiastical and laity; with the majority being spectators (see The History of the Church, Final Chapter of Constantine, Eusebius, pg 300-350, and The Open Church by James H. Ruth, Chapters  1-5)