• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

2 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

That's not what is written and thus why I state the hermeneutic... to diverge from what I have shown you is to diverge from the plain sense of the grammatical makeup of this instance where The Bible outlines itself in itself...

Steven, I am by no means as scholarly as many on here, but I have read through the bible.  I am convinced that it the Holy Word of God, perfect, lacking nothing, complete in truth, power, revelation and life.  What is written that tells you that the entire proceeding of scripture that is God's Word in the arrangement that we have it in is linear in nature?  I am not trying to add or take away from God's Word, but I am very interested in the unfolding of events in the succession of time.  

Please explain further.  Thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

4 minutes ago, *Zion* said:

The book of Revelation is not a linear account of events; in fact the books of the whole bible are not ordered according to linear time at all.  That's what makes it so difficult to tell what time it is.  Many scholars have their own version of bible chronology, differing from each other to varying degrees.  One thing I am sure of.  Jesus is coming back very, very soon.  These are the last days indeed.

I agree.  The general layout we have is "the things which are" followed by "the things that will take place afterward."  This correlates to what Jesus said that the gospel will be preached to all the nations, and then the end will come.  The preaching of the gospel worldwide correlates to the times of the nations or time of the Gentiles.  We know that this has been accomplished because Israelis exercise autonomy in Jerusalem.

• And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and will be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled under foot by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.  Luke 21:24

Since the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled, the seals have begun to be opened.  The first seal releases one that goes forth conquering and to conquer.  Not all conquering is by force.  This is evident since the second seal is when peace is removed from the earth.  The conquering of the first seal is covert in nature.

So, what is covertly being conquered?  The short answer is the nations.  God created the nations when He confused the common language and Satan is working to reverse that.  This is being done through the deception of global initiatives with the United Nations being the primary platform of this New Babel.  The U.N. is the feet of iron and clay of the great statue in Daniel 2 and was set up by an evil spirit being after he was released from the abyss in order to begin this New Babel transformation.  That's the white horse rider of the first seal which was opened decades ago, likely around 1900.

A can see where Putin could be playing a major role in end time events, but I don't see him as the white horse rider of the first seal.  When the second seal is opened, open warfare engulfs the planet, and the birth pangs begin.  When that occurs, significant things begin to happen very quickly.  I likewise see it coming about very soon.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,156
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 minute ago, *Zion* said:

Steven, I am by no means as scholarly as many on here, but I have read through the bible.  I am convinced that it the Holy Word of God, perfect, lacking nothing, complete in truth, power, revelation and life.  What is written that tells you that the entire proceeding of scripture that is God's Word in the arrangement that we have it in is linear in nature?  I am not trying to add or take away from God's Word, but I am very interested in the unfolding of events in the succession of time.  

Please explain further.  Thanks.

when we submit to the written hermeneutic we submit grammatically, contextually, genre, developing from this interpretation toward application... it is giving the written Word complete authority to itself in purpose of Revelation of God to man of Who God 'IS' and what God wants... When we stand upon the foundation of God's Word in this fashion we are standing upon Scripture alone in objective format of Scripture and not of ourselves or of the system of what we began in but in new birth able to cast down as required

2 Cor 10:5
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
KJV

it could be just as easily said thinking as Scripture tells us to think so this can happen in our life

2 Tim 3:15-17

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJV

is this not the desire of us who are His? The Bible has plainly taught us as how

2 Tim 2:15-19

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;

18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
KJV
Simply God knows His Word and those who are of His Word in thought and action shall be known of God...

6 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

I agree.  The general layout we have is "the things which are" followed by "the things that will take place afterward."  This correlates to what Jesus said that the gospel will be preached to all the nations, and then the end will come.  The preaching of the gospel worldwide correlates to the times of the nations or time of the Gentiles.  We know that this has been accomplished because Israelis exercise autonomy in Jerusalem.

• And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and will be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled under foot by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.  Luke 21:24

Since the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled, the seals have begun to be opened.  The first seal releases one that goes forth conquering and to conquer.  Not all conquering is by force.  This is evident since the second seal is when peace is removed from the earth.  The conquering of the first seal is covert in nature.

So, what is covertly being conquered?  The short answer is the nations.  God created the nations when He confused the common language and Satan is working to reverse that.  This is being done through the deception of global initiatives with the United Nations being the primary platform of this New Babel.  The U.N. is the feet of iron and clay of the great statue in Daniel 2 and was set up by an evil spirit being after he was released from the abyss in order to begin this New Babel transformation.  That's the white horse rider of the first seal which was opened decades ago, likely around 1900.

A can see where Putin could be playing a major role in end time events, but I don't see him as the white horse rider of the first seal.  When the second seal is opened, open warfare engulfs the planet, and the birth pangs begin.  When that occurs, significant things begin to happen very quickly.  I likewise see it coming about very soon.

I see it in Putin's varying success in annexing some of the ussr territories, trying to restore the old empire.  This going forth conquering and to conquer has prompted the very real threat of war.  the anti-christ needs an excuse for world war/false peace.  Also, Russia's presence in Syria really, really bugs me.  

I agree with the covertness too, the enemy has many back up plans.  he knows his time is short.

Edited by *Zion*

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,088
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

9:o4:37

I've got 9:06:42

1 minute ago, other one said:

9:o4:37

Amen, bro.  Amen.

Just now, enoob57 said:

I've got 9:06:42

Amen to that too.  I believe it.

3 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

when we submit to the written hermeneutic we submit grammatically, contextually, genre, developing from this interpretation toward application... it is giving the written Word complete authority to itself in purpose of Revelation of God to man of Who God 'IS' and what God wants... When we stand upon the foundation of God's Word in this fashion we are standing upon Scripture alone in objective format of Scripture and not of ourselves or of the system of what we began in but in new birth able to cast down as required

2 Cor 10:5
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
KJV

it could be just as easily said thinking as Scripture tells us to think so this can happen in our life

2 Tim 3:15-17

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJV

is this not the desire of us who are His? The Bible has plainly taught us as how

2 Tim 2:15-19

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;

18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
KJV
Simply God knows His Word and those who are of His Word in thought and action shall be known of God...

So you're saying that the Bible really is a linear account of events?  I'm happy to receive it as linear if that's what it is.  Is there any way you can show me that it is?  redirect me to a study, perhaps, or something of the like?

In this particular instance where God has written down as such :) The minutia of information within Scripture is not exhaustive nor exhausted and a great deal leads us to wait upon God to further us but where we are given in Scripture we may be there only by the permission of Scripture... thus we stand upon the Word of God alone and of nothing else :thumbsup: