Tattoos9

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

I would never get a tattoo as a Christian..

I believe the Bible speaks against getting tattoos

Leviticus 19: KJV

28"Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD."

Tattooing includes cutting and putting marks upon oneself..

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

I personally am not fond of tattoos. There is Leviticus prohibition of Tattoos,  but as one astute commentor said that was a Forbidding pagan tattooes; a cross is a Christian symbol and so is not pagan.

Ultimately you must decide in your conscious if it’s ok before the Lord, “But if you have doubts about whether or not you should eat something, you are sinning if you go ahead and do it. For you are not following your convictions. If you do anything you believe is not right, you are sinning.” (Romans 14:23).

Sure Paul is talking about eating, but his words encompass all doubts and convictions. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,517
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi Tattoos9,

The cross in it's various forms is a symbol of suffering and shame of God for the sake of all those foreknown and predestined to be saved out from the wrath of God for the sin of Adam. 

Wearing a cross, whether a piece of jewelry or a tattoo may be less such a symbol and more a statement about one's self. For that reason I suggest reading the word of the Bible, praying and thinking it through before spending a dime on a cross tattoo. Think through; does the design selected identify with Christ Jesus  who is God becoming man, dying for man, and rising again bringing victory over death  as the first of many to come?

Or is the tattoo just a tattoo to be placed on one's body to bring attention to self, and really away from our Lord Jesus who did suffer  the crucifixtion  death, and rose again,  and ascended to go  provide a place for those given Him  by His Father?

If the tattoo doesn't seem to  properly convey Christ is God, and by the cross He brought victory  over death, I wouldn't personally want to have it embedded in my own body.

Also; seems every corner strip center has a tattoo "artist" today. Most are starving artists for reason, they are poor practitioners of their trade, with no art knowledge nor talent. What they do is embed overly massive amounts of ink that continues to spread leaving a giant smudge instead of a design. If one is going to have permanent "art" make sure it comes from an artist. 

Pay the financial price to get a real artist, and consider a 3D tattoo by  someone of vast experience in making them, not just the kid around the corner next to the cigar tobacco and vaping shop, whose girl friend looks like she is his practice sketch board.

And once again,  is the design speaking of Jesus, or of self? If of self then I suggest not selecting it at all. For the cross is not about us, except that we also are to carry our own, a near  impossible duty. Even Jesus could not carry his own. It is a horrible burden of shame of God because of us, one designed by evil to bring us down.But one which has been defeated By Jesus.  It is victory of Jesus on the cross that  is to be cherished and not the stick, the tree, He was tortured on.

To lightly take on a cross to one's skin permanently, no do not do that.- I think that should  come only after much personal reading of the Bible, praying and thinking.  

If you have a certainty of knowledge that you are saved, have experienced the specific call to you  from the Holy Spirit and are a born again saint in Christ Jesus, and still you want a tattoo that is personal and conveys the comfort Jesus brings in your own life, how about another design - come up with what says Jesus is Lord, God, and my personal savior to you, spend some real time on it as the work is not going to be erased easily if at all.

If you are not yet born again, do not have a awareness of that, perhaps it is best to ask  of God about Jesus and about your own need for salvation so that you may be with Jesus eternally  and not just have  a temporary  flesh wearing a cross design without any real understanding of the cross and of God his Son and the Holy Spirit.

May God bless you  in your considering and your study. May your decision be honoring of Jesus, as each of us are to do all things we do  to the Glory of God.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

This is what I know about tattoos in relation to Christianity:

1. They are something physical - like makeup. You don't put on makeup to please God, in the same way that you can't put on a tattoo to please God. God doesn't care about your appearance. He cares about your spiritual appearance. When you have tattoos, you do it for yourself. When you have piercings and make up, and clothes on, you do it for yourself. You can't say that you're going to get a tattoo because you want to worship God with it. You worship God with your heart and soul, not with the make up, clothes, or tattoos that you have on. 
  2. Just like how objects can be used by Satan (witches and warlocks) to trap/track you, tattoos can do so too because of their permanency. So be careful. 
  3. Don't put anything that you will regret. Ask yourself, in the next 10 or 25 years, would I want this tattoo on myself? I'd definitely answer a "yes" to a cross tattoo. (Keep in mind that your skin is gonna start sagging when your older). 
  4. Is there anything better you can do with the money that you wanna spend on the tattoo? Donations, offering, giving to your friends in need etc. 
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

4 minutes ago, BNM said:

This is what I know about tattoos in relation to Christianity:

1. They are something physical - like makeup. You don't put on makeup to please God, in the same way that you can't put on a tattoo to please God. God doesn't care about your appearance. He cares about your spiritual appearance. When you have tattoos, you do it for yourself. When you have piercings and make up, and clothes on, you do it for yourself. You can't say that you're going to get a tattoo because you want to worship God with it. You worship God with your heart and soul, not with the make up, clothes, or tattoos that you have on. 
  2. Just like how objects can be used by Satan (witches and warlocks) to trap/track you, tattoos can do so too because of their permanency. So be careful. 
  3. Don't put anything that you will regret. Ask yourself, in the next 10 or 25 years, would I want this tattoo on myself? I'd definitely answer a "yes" to a cross tattoo. (Keep in mind that your skin is gonna start sagging when your older). 
  4. Is there anything better you can do with the money that you wanna spend on the tattoo? Donations, offering, giving to your friends in need etc. 

Welcome to Worthy, BNW.  I don't think I have seen you before.  You may want to start your own subject so that you can be vetted faster to post elsewhere.