• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1994

I want to draw a cross tattoo on  my forearm. Is it against Christianity? Please help me in this regard.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  178
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Tattoos9 said:

I want to draw a cross tattoo on  my forearm. Is it against Christianity? Please help me in this regard.

you should not want to tattoo your body. Believe in Jesus death burial and Resurrection for salvation.  

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

There are those who think that the Bible prohibits tatoos. The typically cite Lev 19:28:

26‘You shall not eat anything with the blood, nor practice divination or soothsaying.27‘You shall not round off the side-growth of your heads nor harm the edges of your beard. 28‘You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the LORD.

Personally, I think if you look at the context, this is all in connection with idolotry, a tatoo of a cross would not fall into that category.

You did not mention your age, the only reason I do, is because if you are a youngster, you should be in submission to you parents, and not do this if it goes against their wishes. 

Also, note, that there might be those who take offense at this, I do not mean the cross, there will always be those offended by the cross. Some people, however, are offended by tatoos. At the church I attend, a couple left, because the pastor got a Bible verse tatooed on his forearm. Perhap then, getting a tatoo, is an unloving, inconsiderate thing to do, if some find it offensive, though the tatoo itself may not be a problem, people reaction to tatoos could be. I suggest reading 1 Cor chapter 8 for relevance.

You know, if you want a cross, you can always wear one, without inking your skin, just a thought.

Edited after thought:

Possible, it could fall under that category of vanity, as spoken to in 1 Pet 3:

3Your adornment must not be external—braiding the hair, and wearing gold jewelry, or putting on dresses; 4but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God.

and

1 Tim 2:

9Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments, 10but rather by means of good works, as is proper for women making a claim to godliness. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Tattoos9 said:

Hello Tattoos9! Welcome to Worthy!

Cheers!!! :blink:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Personally, I think tattoos are ugly.  My grand daughter has a verse tattooed on her forearm.  My daughter in law has one in pale turquoise that is a tiny bit better.  Both are strong Christians.  But I still don't like them.  Some places require that any tattoo be covered if you work there.  So I would recommend that you put it is a place where it can be easily covered.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

6 hours ago, Tattoos9 said:

It is against Judaism Not Christianity.Bruxey Cavey is a Preacher who had Lev.19:28 tattooed on his arm for a witnessing tool.You May find it on you tube.Almost anything that takes a stab at legalism has my vote.I thought it was a great idea.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

1 minute ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

It is against Judaism Not Christianity.Bruxey Cavey is a Preacher who had Lev.19:28 tattooed on his arm for a witnessing tool.You May find it on you tube.Almost anything that takes a stab at legalism has my vote.I thought it was a great idea.

I guess it could be a conversation starter, but to me, my first thought would be "what an insensitive jerk to rub people faces in that"! Then from the specific, to the general - "I wonder if all Christians are jerks?"

Next, hang a sign in a butcher shop window:

Pork Rib Special - 20% off to all Orthodox Jews

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,015
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

8 hours ago, Willa said:

Personally, I think tattoos are ugly.  My grand daughter has a verse tattooed on her forearm.  My daughter in law has one in pale turquoise that is a tiny bit better.  Both are strong Christians.  But I still don't like them.  Some places require that any tattoo be covered if you work there.  So I would recommend that you put it is a place where it can be easily covered.  

I am not a fan of tatoos but then that is me....I won't tell anyone else what to do.

Did want to mention this:  A former neighbor, a young lady, had her complete arms and legs all covered with tatoos!!  It really looked awful and I never understood her doing that.  Also, when people get older they usually gain weight....I think the tatoos will then stretch out of shape.

Also, there are some former gang members here in L.A. who are now getting their tatoos removed so they can find work easier.

13 hours ago, Debp said:

I am not a fan of tatoos but then that is me....I won't tell anyone else what to do.

Did want to mention this:  A former neighbor, a young lady, had her complete arms and legs all covered with tatoos!!  It really looked awful and I never understood her doing that.  Also, when people get older they usually gain weight....I think the tatoos will then stretch out of shape.

Also, there are some former gang members here in L.A. who are now getting their tatoos removed so they can find work easier.

No expert here.....but I hear tattoo removal is expensive and very painful.....would be nice if there a magic wand,but.......

• Thumbs Up 1

Just remembered this......I used to work at a truck stop.....open all night.....about 3am one morning some drunk guy comes in to use restroom.....above his upper lip was a tattoo.....it said , “ Kiss Me”........ he must have been quite the lady’s man.....lol....

• Haha 1