• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Atheists and other Christian-bashers love to claim that the story of Jesus was stolen from Pagan religions, but nothing could be further from the truth.

It is more likely that Pagan myths were later twisted to form a counterfeit of Christianity:

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Pagan myths are of Satan and he is not a dummy...  Jesus was known about from the beginning so it should be no surprise that Satan would dry and duplicate things...…   even if the general public didn't know of it yet...

12 hours ago, other one said:

Pagan myths are of Satan and he is not a dummy...  Jesus was known about from the beginning so it should be no surprise that Satan would dry and duplicate things...…   even if the general public didn't know of it yet...

The problem is that Satan tries to reverse history and claims that the Pagan myths came first and Jesus came afterwards.But the reality is that Jesus came before the Pagan myths - or rather, Jesus came before the Pagan myths were rewritten and adapted to copy the story of Jesus.

So, for example - there may be a Pagan god who was worshipped long before Jesus came, but his story was originally completely different. After Jesus came the Pagan god's story was re-written to roughly match the story of Jesus. This causes people to believe that the story of Jesus was copied from a Pagan myth because the Pagan god was being worshipped before Jesus arrived. The problem with Atheists and other mockers of Christianity is that they don't research their history - they just believe what they have been told by other Atheists.

In fact, most Atheists and other scoffers are guilty of doing the very things they accuse Christians of doing. Atheists accuse Christian of being stupid, superstitious idiots who believe everything they are told without testing it, but in reality most Christians examine the evidence and use discernment.

It is the Atheists who believe what they are told without testing it. They believe in Evolution, they believe in the Big-Bang, and they believe in false science. They are either too lazy or too afraid to test such claims. They believe in such nonsense because men in white coats with lots of letters after their names tell them that such a reality is so.

In other words, Atheism is nothing other than a religion, because Atheists believe what the high priests of scientism tell them; and they believe it obediently and without question!

Edited by OakWood
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, OakWood said:

The problem is that Satan tries to reverse history and claims that the Pagan myths came first and Jesus came afterwards.But the reality is that Jesus came before the Pagan myths - or rather, Jesus came before the Pagan myths were rewritten and adapted to copy the story of Jesus.

So, for example - there may be a Pagan god who was worshipped long before Jesus came, but his story was originally completely different. After Jesus came the Pagan god's story was re-written to roughly match the story of Jesus. This causes people to believe that the story of Jesus was copied from a Pagan myth because the Pagan god was being worshipped before Jesus arrived. The problem with Atheists and other mockers of Christianity is that they don't research their history - they just believe what they have been told by other Atheists.

In fact, most Atheists and other scoffers are guilty of doing the very things they accuse Christians of doing. Atheists accuse Christian of being stupid, superstitious idiots who believe everything they are told without testing it, but in reality most Christians examine the evidence and use discernment.

It is the Atheists who believe what they are told without testing it. They believe in Evolution, they believe in the Big-Bang, and they believe in false science. They are either too lazy or too afraid to test such claims. They believe in such nonsense because men in white coats with lots of letters after their names tell them that such a reality is so.

In other words, Atheism is nothing other than a religion, because Atheists believe what the high priests of scientism tell them; and they believe it obediently and without question!

I don't know of a pagan god story that really matches what the Bible teaches about Jesus.     They say that the Christmas story was really about Horus, but it really isn't like Jesus at all.   Semiramis was not a virgin and like Jesus he wasn't born on December 25.   So I see where you are coming from in that it has been changed to match Jesus, but in reality the Jesus story has also been  changed so as to match up with both.   And that's why I personally don't like Christmas as a holiday.

I would say that we have also changed the Christmas story so they can all be matched together and because some of the pagan worship came before Jesus was born, they say that the Jesus story came from the pagan worship...…       I don't see Christmas Trees, Yule logs, mistletoe and buying each other presents anywhere in the Bible....     

So I guess I kind of agree that much of our modern day rituals did come from pagan worship that was around prior to Jesus....    but those rituals don't come from the Bible.

8 hours ago, other one said:

I don't know of a pagan god story that really matches what the Bible teaches about Jesus.     They say that the Christmas story was really about Horus, but it really isn't like Jesus at all.   Semiramis was not a virgin and like Jesus he wasn't born on December 25.   So I see where you are coming from in that it has been changed to match Jesus, but in reality the Jesus story has also been  changed so as to match up with both.   And that's why I personally don't like Christmas as a holiday.

I would say that we have also changed the Christmas story so they can all be matched together and because some of the pagan worship came before Jesus was born, they say that the Jesus story came from the pagan worship...…       I don't see Christmas Trees, Yule logs, mistletoe and buying each other presents anywhere in the Bible....     

So I guess I kind of agree that much of our modern day rituals did come from pagan worship that was around prior to Jesus....    but those rituals don't come from the Bible.

Well, the story of Mithras, for example, was completely different to Jesus at one time, but later writers changed it and claimed that Mithras was born of a virgin. There are other examples that I can't think of off the top of my head.

The point I'm trying to make is that Atheists used the revised versions of these myths, not the original versions of these myths, to claim similarities between the Bible and Paganism. But also as you have already stated, the Jesus story was changed too, to match Pagan myths. This has caused confusion among people who haven't bothered to check their history.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

On 8/9/2018 at 3:46 PM, OakWood said:

Atheists and other Christian-bashers love to claim that the story of Jesus was stolen from Pagan religion

It is interesting that Islam is actually nothing more then a cheap counterfeit of Christianity.

You have a Jesus figure, who ascended to heaven.

You have a reworking of Gabriel, into a "600 winged" angel who gave (dictated) the Bible (Quran) to Muhammad.

Its interesting that Muhammad is given the title of "founder" of Islam, when in fact it was his tribe that designated him with the title.... and "allah" as the single God, after previously worshipping 36o Godz.

"allah" is the "moon god", which is wby the muslim flag and most middle eastern flags associated with allah, show a moon, stars, ect.

So, you have a counterfeit of Christianity, with a god, a prophet, angels, a bible, and other similarities.

"nothing new under the sun".

Edited by Behold