• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

On 8/11/2018 at 11:48 PM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

With all due respect.....You do not know me at all. I think you mean well, but your ignorance of any of my true thoughts or motivations and your unfamiliarity with my Christian walk makes your “ insight” into my problems with my local churches worth exactly what I payed for them—nothing.

I know how to play church .I used to that when I was Bible ignorant.Like everyone else, I never opened a Bible.Nothing But boredom and confusion was between the covers of that dusty old thing.Since discovering a Bible that I could understand and actually enjoy reading, I no longer can be held captive to errant teaching—- I know what is in there and I know What ain’t.Doctrine is all- important, it can make the difference of where we spend eternity.I have a big heart for widows also,but they will have to cut their own grass if it’s part of a church that says”  Jesus Saves— BUT!” Call me selfish, but my salvation is more important to me than their screen doors and air conditioners.

Your noble attempt to shame me into going to a brick- and - mortar church was very revealing . Is that the only carrot you could offer me to go to church? Shame, guilt, being accused of being too “ proud” to “ submit” to a pastor.All coming from a supposed Christian brother who knows me like he knows a two year old Eskimo?Feel free to take some of my shame.....you sure doled out plenty of it.

Heres the deal.I have nothing against churches.I know this site is no substitute for a church and I do not use it as such.You, with your broad- brushed use of shame and false accusations only reveal to me how right I have been.It seems nothing has changed in the last 50 years.When  my church- going friends tell their stories of how they fight to stay awake, and when they tell me that they occupy their minds with visions of golf and eating at Bob Evans while they should be listening to a boring sermon about morality lessons instead of how to be righteous in God’s eyes, it sickens me.However , it does not surprise me.The bottom line for me is that a person should go where the teaching of God’s Word is the best, be it at the local church or on you tube.I don’t want my children to play church like I did. There are Great Teachers of the Word who preach the True Gospel on the internet.If and when the day comes that I find a church with teachers like Andrew Farley , the late Peter Ruckman Les Celdick or  the best Bible teacher alive— Renee Roland.......wild horses would not keep me from them if they had a church within a 100 miles from me. I have to insist that the teaching comes first.Souls are at stake.I’ll find a better motivator than shame for my children and myself.Faith plus nothing.If I find it in a brick and mortar church here, just try to keep me away!

btw.......my everyday joy that I experience even though I face problems that would drive many to suicide proves to me that I must be doing “ something” right.

Well said. No one knows your inner thoughts, motives, and reasons except the Lord Trinity. 

I agree right theology and doxology (doctrine) is more important than a church that serves widows, orphans, and helps people but denies The fundamentals that Jesus is God and Man (John 1:1-17, Colossians 2:9, 1 Peter 1:1, Titus 2:13, 1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7) and salavation is by grace of Jesus and faith in Jesus alone (John 3:16, John 6:40, Acts 4:10-12, Acts 15:7-11, Romans 10:9-10, Ephesians 2:8-9) . There are plenty of churches that ‘do good’ but they don’t know God. For Jesus said, “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.” (Matthew 7:21-23) and the will of the Father is this, “For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.” (John 6:40). Works based churches have people neglect John 6:40 and embrace Matthew 7:21-23. ??

• Thanks 1