Annette

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  7

We are so blessed these days to have access to the Word of God.

I often wonder what it will be like to meet people we have read about through the years. 

I was wondering who are you looking forward to one day meeting and why?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,789
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The obvious of course 'Jesus' but the unobvious of this is the unbound nature of the infinite and walking with Him in pure intimacy of Being... where the total of what I am is conjoined with the unbounded I AM that I AM... pure awe that never concludes what a glory awaits us! 

• This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

35 minutes ago, Annette said:

We are so blessed these days to have access to the Word of God.

I often wonder what it will be like to meet people we have read about through the years. 

I was wondering who are you looking forward to one day meeting and why?

Annette, you do ask the most thought provoking questions don't you ?

1 Corinthians 13:12 (KJV) For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

I take the above verse to mean; we will probably automatically know who everyone is in heaven? There's just so many people I one day want to meet, and a zillion questions I want to ask, I can't even narrow it down to just a few I don't think. It should go without saying that Jesus is the One whom I want to meet and be with forever first and foremost. I suppose deep inside I'd want to see my saved family and loved ones followed by dear friends and my church brothers and sisters in Christ. I'm counting on our tears being wiped away, whom could be happy with the memory of our beloved lost ones that didn't accept the Lord Jesus in this life, and their fate.

Good thing we will have eternity, I personally will be keeping the Apostles, Patriarchs, Prophets, Judges, and people spoken about in the Bible occupied for a very, very long time. Just like I'm a pest on this forum with my questions, in heaven when the Apostle Paul finally gets bored with all my questions, he's probably going to say, "hey, there's Job over there, you probably have another 4,205,429 questions for him don't you?" ?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Yowm said:

All those questions we wished we had asked our parents now that they are gone. My Mother passed on as a believer AND NOW I think of many questions I wished I had asked her, but IN THAT DAY I don't think it will matter.

You got that right Yown! My grandparents, parents and brother are long deceased and I've had questions I wanted to ask them, that for now I'll never find out. But especially things I wanted to say in love and gratitude, but never got around to it, then it was too late. Seems like some of these questions I have today really didn't matter back when I was young, and only interested in myself. Now that I've gotten older, repented and following the Lord now; my priorities, thoughts and want to's have changed quite a bit. 

Solomon didn't say this but, the old adage of "you're going to miss me when I'm gone", is oh so true. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

12 hours ago, enoob57 said:

The obvious of course 'Jesus' but the unobvious of this is the unbound nature of the infinite and walking with Him in pure intimacy of Being... where the total of what I am is conjoined with the unbounded I AM that I AM... pure awe that never concludes what a glory awaits us! 

What a day that will be! I love the name I Am.He truly is all that we need. 

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 2

11 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Annette, you do ask the most thought provoking questions don't you ?

1 Corinthians 13:12 (KJV) For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

I take the above verse to mean; we will probably automatically know who everyone is in heaven? There's just so many people I one day want to meet, and a zillion questions I want to ask, I can't even narrow it down to just a few I don't think. It should go without saying that Jesus is the One whom I want to meet and be with forever first and foremost. I suppose deep inside I'd want to see my saved family and loved ones followed by dear friends and my church brothers and sisters in Christ. I'm counting on our tears being wiped away, whom could be happy with the memory of our beloved lost ones that didn't accept the Lord Jesus in this life, and their fate.

Good thing we will have eternity, I personally will be keeping the Apostles, Patriarchs, Prophets, Judges, and people spoken about in the Bible occupied for a very, very long time. Just like I'm a pest on this forum with my questions, in heaven when the Apostle Paul finally gets bored with all my questions, he's probably going to say, "hey, there's Job over there, you probably have another 4,205,429 questions for him don't you?" ?

Thanks for sharing Dennis.

My mind is always coming up with new thoughts and questions.  I try and share some of them here.  I really like to create a place where people feel free to respond and share. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Yowm said:

All those questions we wished we had asked our parents now that they are gone. My Mother passed on as a believer AND NOW I think of many questions I wished I had asked her, but IN THAT DAY I don't think it will matter.

There are always those questions that we are left wondering about.  Hopefully we will make good use of the time we have together with loved ones.  I look forward to seeing my mom too.

• Loved it! 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  15

I am looking forward to meeting Jesus Christ in the flesh. 

Second would be The Apostle Paul. 

Third would be Martin Luther. 

• This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

I haven't considered  those great men and women whom I believe will surely be in heaven with the Lord.  I keep thinking about that man that delivers lumber to my shop, who listened to the gospel. My atheist high school buddy who listens but hesitates.  Several brothers and a sister, my dad, and many friends, and so many strangers that God brought my way, and the Spirit quickened me. Did the seed fall upon fertile soil, or did the birds take them away. Was my witness worthy?  Will I see them, did they choose wisely?
I look forward to see the fruit of light shared, and will tremble upon my face before my Savior.

EDIT: ***

Yes, thank you Abby for reminding me. I'm disappointed  with myself for not thinking about that faithful old Baptist preacher at a funeral we went to who took the time to offer the gospel to those visitors. I don't even know his name, but I think I will know him, because of that first seed he  planted. From that point on, the change in my wife and I, salvation, and later  all our children, and grand kids,  to those then that received the good news as a result, changed so many. The death of a little neighbor's boy, and the faithfulness of the funeral preacher, brought life to many, through Christ.

What .you shared reminded me of a song with the words,  "Thank you for giving to the Lord." We may never know the results of what we do,  but we can keep sowing seed. 

• This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1