• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  7

9 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

There are many in the Bible that I look forward to seeing... we know Paul will be there.... but there are others that not many think about, like Ruth, and Mary Magdalene that I look forward to seeing and hearing their testimonies from their own mouths .... John "the beloved" ... now, I do look forward to fellowshiping with someone who had a revelation of God's love!!!

I look forward to seeing the missionary couple who the Lord woke me up to pray for one night... I don't know who they are, but I know I will recognize them when we get there! :)  ...people in their vehicles that I drive by or little children who I pass by on my way through town, who Holy Spirit moves me to pray for ... perhaps, I will see them and their families in eternity. 

...my 6 yr old granddaughter who was stolen ... I pray for every day, and her adoptive brother .... and the family who took her... 

But the first person I thought of was my earthy father .... I look forward to seeing him, a man who came to Christ in the end of his life, after a life of much pain, sorrow, and sin, who I was honored to pray for and with... I'm so grateful that our Lord saved him and that I will see him there!!! 

Thank you so much for sharing.  You really do have so much to look forward to. I love that you have been praying for your drandaughter. What a terrible situation to experience and live through. 

• Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 1

5 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

You got that right Yown! My grandparents, parents and brother are long deceased and I've had questions I wanted to ask them, that for now I'll never find out. But especially things I wanted to say in love and gratitude, but never got around to it, then it was too late. Seems like some of these questions I have today really didn't matter back when I was young, and only interested in myself. Now that I've gotten older, repented and following the Lord now; my priorities, thoughts and want to's have changed quite a bit. 

Solomon didn't say this but, the old adage of "you're going to miss me when I'm gone", is oh so true. 

My mom used to tell me that I would miss her when she was gone,  she was so right! At least we have hope that we will see them again. 

• Praise God! 3

6 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

I am looking forward to meeting Jesus Christ in the flesh. 

Second would be The Apostle Paul. 

Third would be Martin Luther. 

Thanks for sharing Fidei. It will be amazing to spend time with our Savior and Redeemer! 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

Adam, first reason is, I've not thought of any sufficient answer to that question when it's been asked in the past because of the list but not thought of Adam. First time I've really thought "oh ya". And I think it's because he was first to know our Lord before death entered in and to even be near him as he witnesses the fullness of our gathering and the new beginning. Something like that anyway. He most likely wares humility like a garment.

Now I have my thoughts for when my head hits the pillow. Thanks for the question!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/10/2018 at 8:03 AM, Annette said:

We are so blessed these days to have access to the Word of God.

I often wonder what it will be like to meet people we have read about through the years. 

I was wondering who are you looking forward to one day meeting and why?

This is such a beautiful and encouraging question, thanks!

First off, like all of you, I want see Jesus glory....One of my favorite verse from the Gospel is this: "Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world." (John 17:24)

There are many glorious people that I'll be excited to meet, prophets, righteous men and women from all over the world.

But one of them, I'm particularly eager to meet: Socrates.

Socrates lived 3-4 centuries before Christ, yet the Spirit put into His heart so much wisdom....

He was speaking about Heaven (although he wasn't calling it with this name), when people were more concerned about their social status.

He was speaking about The God, when people of his time had a lot of different divinities.

He was speaking about the quest for the Truth, as the only way to live a righteous life.

He himself was speaking about how beautiful would be after death, to met glorious and righteous men and women from the past, and the righteous God.

There's so much to be said about him... But I'm sure that he's now so glorious in the Kingdom, with all the lovers of Jesus and the Truth

Edited by listener24
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

15 hours ago, enoob57 said:

The obvious of course 'Jesus' but the unobvious of this is the unbound nature of the infinite and walking with Him in pure intimacy of Being... where the total of what I am is conjoined with the unbounded I AM that I AM... pure awe that never concludes what a glory awaits us! 

Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
  That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
And the glory which thou gave-st me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
  I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou loved me before the foundation of the world.
O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.
  And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it:
that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

John 17:20-26

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

Which begs the question, will we know each other then as we have known each other now, seeing that may bring to remembrance the sin as well?

And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

I don't know the answer. However, I believe we will know each other, but through different eyes, and with a different heart. Incorruptible. "that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

Bartholomew would be my choice.As an act of kindness, because he never gets mentioned in these types of things....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, Annette said:

We are so blessed these days to have access to the Word of God.

I often wonder what it will be like to meet people we have read about through the years. 

I was wondering who are you looking forward to one day meeting and why?

Aside from Jesus, who we'll meet when we're raptured... I have a huge list. One being apostle Paul, who (if I understand correctly) had eye defect, like I do.  It probably wouldn't be just a one-day meeting.  Other please take a number!

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,916
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

All the "new creations" in Christ...gonna meet 'm all! ?

• Thumbs Up 2