• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

1 hour ago, Gary Lee said:

I have read somewhat about Independent Catholicism, Eastern Orthodox, Anglican communion, and other 'catholic' churches that have separated from the "Roman" catholic hierarchy.  Some priest have vehemently stated 'No more Rome ties" A good stand.   Couldn't find the site, but there is a move to distance them selves from the Rome influence.
My mom and I had a bazillion talks about 'salvation by grace only' and she agreed, only to state later (over emphasize) works. It just would not penetrate. She worked herself to the bone, with her works, but couldn't grasp grace. It wasn't in the catechism book. A total brainwash, no room for 'what if'. She couldn't handle any criticism of the 'holy mother' church. The true gospel was hid. But then, maybe inside, her spirit knew, but wouldn't admit publicly.    Time will tell.   Regardless, she was a GREAT mom. A tough great depression survivor, who took care of nine of us, with a paralyzed first born, and  an alcoholic husband. She firmly believed it was only Jesus who got her through it all.        

Well Jesus knows. Only He can judge rightly someone who was misled by a bad teacher (Rome, RCC) hence why James said, “Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness.” (James 3:1). 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,447
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/11/2018 at 11:03 PM, Gary Lee said:

I have read somewhat about Independent Catholicism, Eastern Orthodox, Anglican communion, and other 'catholic' churches that have separated from the "Roman" catholic hierarchy.  Some priest have vehemently stated 'No more Rome ties" A good stand.   Couldn't find the site, but there is a move to distance them selves from the Rome influence.
My mom and I had a bazillion talks about 'salvation by grace only' and she agreed, only to state later (over emphasize) works. It just would not penetrate. She worked herself to the bone, with her works, but couldn't grasp grace. It wasn't in the catechism book. A total brainwash, no room for 'what if'. She couldn't handle any criticism of the 'holy mother' church. The true gospel was hid. But then, maybe inside, her spirit knew, but wouldn't admit publicly.    Time will tell.   Regardless, she was a GREAT mom. A tough great depression survivor, who took care of nine of us, with a paralyzed first born, and  an alcoholic husband. She firmly believed it was only Jesus who got her through it all.        

This isn't meant to air out my dirty laundry, but perhaps someone will read this and make a realization. There will come a time when all opportunity is lost and it's too late, leaving regret, remorse and a troubled heart in its wake. 

I wish I had had just "One", at least one conversation with my mom & dad, and asked if they had accepted Jesus as their own personal Lord and Savior. The most important question a person can ask a loved one, or anyone. When they were alive I was so wrapped up with a career, my activities, owning a home, my entertainment (in three words; me, me, me). The most important thing there is in this life, and the next, was neglected and dismissed, put on the back burner so to speak. 

Now it's too late, I'll never know in this lifetime. It's a horrible thing to think about and wonder about year after year, will I see my parents, siblings and loved ones in Heaven? The alternative is just too great to bear in this flesh.

It hurts, it hurts deeply. A result of my own inexcusable behavior falling away from the Lord.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

I would like to share this with you all so that you may find comfort that you will indeed be reunited with loved ones. In march of this year my life long companion passed away. She knew the Lord even though she was not a church going person. She always did her devotions

On a Monday March the 5th we had her funeral. I had always prayed for her everyday . Wed. 3 days after her funeral I was praying and picked up my daily bread devotion and was astounded that the lesson was called "Good By for Now" The verse was 1st thess 4:13  

You  do not grieve as the rest of mankind who have not hope 

The lesson was about goodbyes are not forever but those whos faith  is in Christ it is only temporary. I knew the Lord  let Susan write me a love letter and I will be with Her and Jesus one day soon. Her picture and the Daily Bread lesson sit on my desk and I smile at them every day.  Remember that Jesus rose from the grave on the third day .  I pray you find comfort from this.

God bless all who wonder. 

Edited by Mike Mclees

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,243
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

This isn't meant to air out my dirty laundry, but perhaps someone will read this and make a realization. There will come a time when all opportunity is lost and it's too late, leaving regret, remorse and a troubled heart in its wake. 

I wish I had had just "One", at least one conversation with my mom & dad, and asked if they had accepted Jesus as their own personal Lord and Savior. The most important question a person can ask a loved one, or anyone. When they were alive I was so wrapped up with a career, my activities, owning a home, my entertainment (in three words; me, me, me). The most important thing there is in this life, and the next, was neglected and dismissed, put on the back burner so to speak. 

Now it's too late, I'll never know in this lifetime. It's a horrible thing to think about and wonder about year after year, will I see my parents, siblings and loved ones in Heaven? The alternative is just too great to bear in this flesh.

It hurts, it hurts deeply. A result of my own inexcusable behavior falling away from the Lord.  

Dennis, I can honestly say I don't know how it all works. But it has always been my belief that my faithfulness, or not, in sowing seeds is NOT the determining factor in others salvation. That is the job of the Holy Spirit, moving upon each individual. My job is to share the gospel to whosoever. I have spent much time witnessing to certain old friends, and brothers, sister, Catholics, parents, atheists, planting seed, over and over, and the  soil was not fertile very often (A prophet  in his own town). Others, my children, grand kids, a brother, strangers,  received the word without hesitation. I believe if the soil is ready, (God can prepare the soil) they can receive the seed, and watered, it can grow to fruition. It does not matter how/who planted the seed.  I have presently no idea of the results of much of the seed I have sown, but perhaps some day. I do not press for professions. The birth of a child comes with a shout.                                  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

1) I'd like to meet anyone I witnessed to over the course of my life. It may have been a more confrontational (face-to-face) witnessing or usually a more shy (letters/phone calls) type of witnessing.

I've even used tracts (due to my timidity) & left them in public places I thought they'd be spotted in. A tract alone is not always adequate. But it can still play a part  when combined with other factors-

1 Corinthians 3:6-7 "I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase."

His promise about those planted seeds of scripture:

Isaiah 55:11 "So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."

2) I'd like to meet anyone who we'd all 'given up for lost'...only God never did. Instead He pursued them vigorously (the Hound of Heaven) because of John 3:16 and 2 Peter 3:9. At some point (unbeknownst to the rest of us) they got saved! What shock (and delight) to see these once hardened rejectors of Christ-unexpected-there in Heaven with the rest of us! :)

3) I'd like to meet the prayer warriors  (this includes some of you guys! :teeth_smile:) who I never could meet on the earth. But their faithful intercession made all the difference for me and my unsaved loved ones with their varied needs (healing, provision, etc) 

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  7

On 8/10/2018 at 8:18 PM, Zemke said:

Adam, first reason is, I've not thought of any sufficient answer to that question when it's been asked in the past because of the list but not thought of Adam. First time I've really thought "oh ya". And I think it's because he was first to know our Lord before death entered in and to even be near him as he witnesses the fullness of our gathering and the new beginning. Something like that anyway. He most likely wares humility like a garment.

Now I have my thoughts for when my head hits the pillow. Thanks for the question!

Hi Zemke. It is always good to have something to think about and consider.  One thing I like about the church we have been going to is that the pastor often gives us something to think about during the week.  

God bless. 

On 8/10/2018 at 9:00 PM, Yowm said:

Which begs the question, will we know each other then as we have known each other now, seeing that may bring to remembrance the sin as well?

I often wonder what it will be like :) Such questions seem to bring other questions to mind. 

On 8/13/2018 at 9:14 AM, Dennis1209 said:

Hi Dennis,

I think that most of us, if honest have lived a life where we look back with regrets.

I pray that God will continue to give you His peace as you carry on your journey :)

God bless.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/13/2018 at 10:12 AM, Mike Mclees said:

I would like to share this with you all so that you may find comfort that you will indeed be reunited with loved ones. In march of this year my life long companion passed away. She knew the Lord even though she was not a church going person. She always did her devotions

On a Monday March the 5th we had her funeral. I had always prayed for her everyday . Wed. 3 days after her funeral I was praying and picked up my daily bread devotion and was astounded that the lesson was called "Good By for Now" The verse was 1st thess 4:13  

You  do not grieve as the rest of mankind who have not hope 

The lesson was about goodbyes are not forever but those whos faith  is in Christ it is only temporary. I knew the Lord  let Susan write me a love letter and I will be with Her and Jesus one day soon. Her picture and the Daily Bread lesson sit on my desk and I smile at them every day.  Remember that Jesus rose from the grave on the third day .  I pray you find comfort from this.

God bless all who wonder. 

Thanks for sharing your personal story Mike. I am so glad that you have found peace.  I pray God will continue to give you His peace. 

God bless. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/11/2018 at 12:33 AM, John_Leung said:

Aside from Jesus, who we'll meet when we're raptured... I have a huge list. One being apostle Paul, who (if I understand correctly) had eye defect, like I do.  It probably wouldn't be just a one-day meeting.  Other please take a number!

Hi John,

Good to hear from you. Thanks for sharing.  

I love it when reading God's Word, when we find someone or a situation that we can relate to. 

I am sure it will be a great reunion.

God bless.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1