• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  7

29 minutes ago, Joshua-777 said:

I want to meet John. He had such a revelation of the love of God and what it means to abide in Him. I’d life to see what he’s like in heaven experiencing the fullness of Gods love and his reflection in life in heaven.

Hi Joshua, good to hear from you. 

I keep coming back to this verse from Corinthians. But, as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love Him.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  7

I look forward to meeting Ruth. It takes an extra ordinary woman to stand by her mother in law after her husband has passed on.

The words she spoke show a level of commitment that is not often seen these days,  But Ruth said, “Do not urge me to leave you or to turn back from following you; for where you go, I will go, and where you lodge, I will lodge. Your people will be my people, and your God, my God. (Ruth 1:16).

An added bonus that she is a relative of our Savior.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

8 hours ago, Annette said:

I look forward to meeting Ruth. It takes an extra ordinary woman to stand by her mother in law after her husband has passed on.

The words she spoke show a level of commitment that is not often seen these days,  But Ruth said, “Do not urge me to leave you or to turn back from following you; for where you go, I will go, and where you lodge, I will lodge. Your people will be my people, and your God, my God. (Ruth 1:16).

An added bonus that she is a relative of our Savior.

Excellent points about Ruth. I have always been touched by this woman and her loyalty/unselfishness, too.

I've heard teachings that Boaz represents Christ, the kinsman Redeemer. While Ruth symbolizes the Church (being married to Boaz- even as we are to Christ.) 

Cool about her being in the genealogy of Jesus. :)

Edited by turtletwo
added to it
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 8/13/2018 at 9:14 AM, Dennis1209 said:

This isn't meant to air out my dirty laundry, but perhaps someone will read this and make a realization. There will come a time when all opportunity is lost and it's too late, leaving regret, remorse and a troubled heart in its wake. 

I wish I had had just "One", at least one conversation with my mom & dad, and asked if they had accepted Jesus as their own personal Lord and Savior. The most important question a person can ask a loved one, or anyone. When they were alive I was so wrapped up with a career, my activities, owning a home, my entertainment (in three words; me, me, me). The most important thing there is in this life, and the next, was neglected and dismissed, put on the back burner so to speak. 

Now it's too late, I'll never know in this lifetime. It's a horrible thing to think about and wonder about year after year, will I see my parents, siblings and loved ones in Heaven? The alternative is just too great to bear in this flesh.

It hurts, it hurts deeply. A result of my own inexcusable behavior falling away from the Lord.  

@Dennis1209 :(I hear the raw emotion in your post. One of the hardest things to live with is lost opportunity. I know where you're coming from. I, too have loved ones who have gone off into eternity and I know not where. I am left pondering on how wrong it was to not have witnessed to them, when I could  have. Procrastination can later bring torment with it.

Conviction from God is good. But condemnation is not. (Romans 8:1) Sometimes there is a fine line between the two...blurring things. But since you have repented you are forgiven. ( 1 John 1:9) Now comes the challenge of forgiving ourselves for something we can not change.

But we can all learn from our bad choices. And God is Merciful. Perhaps Jesus somehow revealed to your parents their need of Him and they received Salvation before breathing their last. Take comfort and hope in that possibility. :consoling2: Hang in there. And thanks for sharing your heart!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

On 8/10/2018 at 9:00 PM, Yowm said:

Which begs the question, will we know each other then as we have known each other now, seeing that may bring to remembrance the sin as well?

I am thinking the thoughts of sins will be erased. At least, I am hoping so.

Because those thoughts could otherwise trigger a return of sorrow. It promised that the former things (ie bad memories?) are passed away.

" And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away." Revelation 21:4 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Does that mean much of our memory of our loved ones will also be erased?

Hmm. Interesting question. The Bible does not seem to directly address this subject so I don't rightly know. This was only me speculating. I guess I thought we might just remember the good because Heaven is good.

Is it possible we will see our loved ones through new eyes there? (more understanding/forgiving eyes.) In other words, some of our sorrows here on earth may have been from limited/partial knowledge. Maybe they caused us hurt by their sin but there was more to it than we could ever have known. Or vice versa. Does that make sense?

Or am I missing the heart of your question? Please feel free to share what you think regarding this, Yowm. Do you think we will remember sin?

Bottom line: Although I love the idea of reuniting with my saved loved ones in Heaven, there is no doubt Jesus will be the One to take center stage. I will be absorbed in worshiping Him... as will all believers there. :amen:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Yowm said:

Does that mean much of our memory of our loved ones will also be erased?

the testimony of everything that happened in the world will likely remain, in order that we may never forget all the damages that sin caused

On 8/10/2018 at 7:03 AM, Annette said:

I often wonder what it will be like to meet people we have read about through the years. 

I was wondering who are you looking forward to one day meeting and why?

Thanks for this uplifting topic. Somebody who made a huge impact on my life was Keith Green. His ministry (both in music and in teaching) has meant a lot to me. The love he had for Jesus and the way he did not compromise are 2 things about him that inspired me to new heights.

In these last days I have not found another person who so embodied what I would have liked to be for the Lord... Keith went Home to be with Jesus in a plane crash in 1982 at the age of 28. In a short life he accomplished so much... not in a forced way (to prove any points) but as a natural outflow of Jesus being his First Love. It would be nice if I could discuss this with him in Heaven.

I'd also like to thank him for how he helped so many of us in our walks with God. I almost met him at a concert once. But I was a counselor there afterwards and then my driver had to get going so it never worked out. Who knows? Maybe one day yet...:)Irregardless, I know Keith and I will both be united in praising our Savior forever and ever. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Yowm said:

So we have to be reminded forever of sin and it's effects?

Although, I do believe the nail pierced hands will be forever.

Revelation 5:6 NKJV
[6] And I looked, and behold, in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as though it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

My hypothesis is that would be necessary.

Exactly, your point on remembering Jesus cross goes in that direction.

Of course it would not be a constant thought....But if anyone would have the doubt of what happens when we don't follow God, the testimony will be there to answer.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  15

I would like to add Thomas Cranmer. He had to dance between pleasing Christ and keep King Henry VIII pleased.