• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,416
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I will hope to meet the angels that have stood over me and suffered my follies as they have protected me. I will like to thank the angels that have saved my family  from harm. I will like to meet the angel that  "debated" me, or actually demanded I stop debating and make my decision, turning me about from my own rebellion against God to my salvation by Jesus through the specific call by the Holy Spirit. I will like to meet all the obedient Angels, that will be awesome. Just as awesome will be to meet my wife of 48 years, my grandfather and grandmother who prayed for me  when I was so young  and whose prayers God honored by bringing this reluctant saint to his own repentance. And, I guess as I think of it some, it will be so awesome to  see all the saints more numerous than can be counted much like  the sands of the oceans. 

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  15

6 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Bartholomew would be my choice.As an act of kindness, because he never gets mentioned in these types of things....

So true. He only gets mentioned in the St. Bartholomew Day Massacre. ???

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

9 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

So true. He only gets mentioned in the St. Bartholomew Day Massacre. ???

Poor Bart.......I have never heard of that  massacre and not sure that I want to.....lol

4 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Poor Bart.......I have never heard of that  massacre and not sure that I want to.....lol

Well let me know if you want me to share the history of St. Bart Massacre. Poor Huguenots. :( 

1 minute ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Well let me know if you want me to share the history of St. Bart Massacre. Poor Huguenots. :( 

Huguenots kind of rings a bell......could have come from a history class I slept through....go ahead and tell me about those poor guys.....gulp.....

7 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Huguenots kind of rings a bell......could have come from a history class I slept through....go ahead and tell me about those poor guys.....gulp.....

St. Bartholomew Day Massacre: 

1529 A.D. Amiens, France 
On the night after the wedding of Catholic princess Margarite and her husband a Hugenot Henry Navarre, the Catholic wedding guests rose up and slaughter 30,000 Protestant Huguenots in one night! (Michael Kerrigan, A Dark History: Catholic Church). They killed everyone because they were "heretics" and made forced conversions of the Protestants. This incident sparked a holy war between Protestants and Catholics called "The Thirty Year's War." (1618-1648 A.D.).

There is a film about the massacre, “Queen Margot 1994”. It is a superub production like Elizabeth: The Golden Age, but it is not for the faint of heart, and it is R rated for objectional content in every catigory from extreme gore to sensuality. It does capture the event, but I would never watch it s second time nor recommend it to most Christians. 

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Fidei Defensor said:

1529 A.D. Amiens, France 
On the night after the wedding of Catholic princess Margarite and her husband a Hugenot Henry Navarre, the Catholic wedding guests rose up and slaughter 30,000 Protestant Huguenots in one night! (Michael Kerrigan, A Dark History: Catholic Church). They killed everyone because they were "heretics" and made forced conversions of the Protestants. This incident sparked a holy war between Protestants and Catholics called "The Thirty Year's War." (1618-1648 A.D.).

A Dark History of the Catholic Church; a must read for any Catholic. Fidei could not have posted a better research of the RCC.

On to OP; I hope I see my mom, who was a staunch rigid catholic, in heaven. But I know her love for the 'holy mother church' took priority, over scripture, what little she was taught, or knew.  Only the Lord knows.

4 minutes ago, Gary Lee said:

A Dark History of the Catholic Church; a must read for any Catholic. Fidei could not have posted a better research of the RCC.

On to OP; I hope I see my mom, who was a staunch rigid catholic, in heaven. But I know her love for the 'holy mother church' took priority, over scripture, what little she was taught, or knew.  Only the Lord knows.

Was your mom a charismatic Catholic? Did she trust in Jesus for salvation? There is remnant in the RCC, most of them have broke with Rome, Reformed and Charismatic. In fact, Pope Francis I had helped many Catholics break from Rome, there is giant Schism no one is reporting. 

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Was your mom a charismatic Catholic? Did she trust in Jesus for salvation? There is remnant in the RCC, most of them have broke with Rome, Reformed and Charismatic. In fact, Pope Francis I had helped many Catholics break from Rome, there is giant Schism no one is reporting. 

I have read somewhat about Independent Catholicism, Eastern Orthodox, Anglican communion, and other 'catholic' churches that have separated from the "Roman" catholic hierarchy.  Some priest have vehemently stated 'No more Rome ties" A good stand.   Couldn't find the site, but there is a move to distance them selves from the Rome influence.
My mom and I had a bazillion talks about 'salvation by grace only' and she agreed, only to state later (over emphasize) works. It just would not penetrate. She worked herself to the bone, with her works, but couldn't grasp grace. It wasn't in the catechism book. A total brainwash, no room for 'what if'. She couldn't handle any criticism of the 'holy mother' church. The true gospel was hid. But then, maybe inside, her spirit knew, but wouldn't admit publicly.    Time will tell.   Regardless, she was a GREAT mom. A tough great depression survivor, who took care of nine of us, with a paralyzed first born, and  an alcoholic husband. She firmly believed it was only Jesus who got her through it all.        

7 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

St. Bartholomew Day Massacre: 

1529 A.D. Amiens, France 

There is a film about the massacre, “Queen Margot 1994”. It is a superub production like Elizabeth: The Golden Age, but it is not for the faint of heart, and it is R rated for objectional content in every catigory from extreme gore to sensuality. It does capture the event, but I would never watch it s second time nor recommend it to most Christians. 

Ahhhh......those ancient days of lore !