• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/09/1967

When you have repented of your sins and asked Jesus into your heart, is that enough to get a person saved?  Do you also have to believe that you're saved at that point even if you see no indications that anything has changed?  Should a person be concerned if they have asked God for forgiveness but God's love still seems like it's not real to them?

What should someone expect from salvation?  Is it a life changing experience or is it much more subtle than that?  Do some people have a strong born again experience at salvation and others don't and if you don't should you be concerned?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/09/1967

Thanks for the reply, 

I'm glad you had a life changing experience.  For me, I can't say that I've ever had any experience at all.  I guess my question is if someone doesn't have that experience, are they just as saved as someone who does?  Is it possible to live the Christian life entirely on what Jesus did for us or do we need other things, like God's love and presence in our lives?

Edited by JohnKing67

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, JohnKing67 said:

Thanks for the reply, 

I'm glad you had a life changing experience.  For me, I can't say that I've ever had any experience at all.  I guess my question is if someone doesn't have that experience, are they just as saved as someone who does?  Is it possible to live the Christian life entirely on what Jesus did for us or do we need other things, like God's love and presence in our lives?

Hello JohnKing67! Welcome to Worthy. 

Christ's Blood shed on the Cross to pay the wages of sin for all who believe in Him, God's Love and Presence are all one in the same, not exclusive of each other. It is no longer a matter of what you"need" once you become Born Again, but what you should desire; to become Christ like. Yes, it is an impossible goal to achieve on your own, but making every effort to achieve it none the less is more than doable for everyone who believes. You cannot attain that perfection on your own, however if in your heart you are a true believer, try to walk in the Holy Spirit as much as you are able, Christ will bring you to perfection. This is Salvation, God's Love, and His presence in you at all times.

John 14:20 New King James Version (NKJV)

20 At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.

1 John 3:1 New King James Version (NKJV)

The Command to Love

3 Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of [a]God! Therefore the world does not know [b]us, because it did not know Him.

Romans 5:8 New King James Version (NKJV)

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 10:9-10 New King James Version (NKJV)

that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Galatians 2:20 New King James Version (NKJV)

20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

Hope this answers you question JohnKing57

Cheers!!! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

14 hours ago, JohnKing67 said:

Thanks for the reply, 

Please make sure you get an early understanding of what true Christianity is—- and isn’t. It will spare you much confusion and needless worry down the road. Google Andrew Farley will the real Christianity please stand up.   

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,857
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

True salvation comes at the end of brokenness. Did you feel a sense of brokenness, hopelessness, an understanding of how you had wronged God and could do nothing to save yourself from that? Following that is the understanding of the suffering Christ went through for our sakes, when He certainly did not have to. This should lead to a desire to change one's life in a fundamental way. True salvation does not come from works, but it should certainly lead us to them.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

22 hours ago, JohnKing67 said:

When you have repented of your sins and asked Jesus into your heart, is that enough to get a person saved?  Do you also have to believe that you're saved at that point even if you see no indications that anything has changed?  Should a person be concerned if they have asked God for forgiveness but God's love still seems like it's not real to them?

What should someone expect from salvation?  Is it a life changing experience or is it much more subtle than that?  Do some people have a strong born again experience at salvation and others don't and if you don't should you be concerned?

To be saved a person must believe Jesus.. His teachings.. And that person must trust the the atonement Jesus secured by His death on the cross secures for them forgiveness and eternal life in Gods perfect existence..

So Believing and  Trusting Jesus is the Key to Eternal life..

There are two kinds of people in this world forgiven sinners and un-forgiven sinners.. Make sure you are one of the forgiven ones..

My experience of salvation is a complete change in my Point of View of life and this world.. 

Lacking trust that Jesus secured ones salvation is something that should greatly concern anyone who claims to believe Jesus..  Doubting the salvation Jesus secured is like saying that Jesus is a liar and a fake and what He went through the save us was pointless.. 

Our confidence should never be based on ourselves and how worthy or unworthy we feel about our salvation.. Our confidence should always be based on Jesus and His worthiness..

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1